Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I've been noticing that many people here want to leave a pretty corpse for their family to be found. Can I ask you why? It's so strange to me that someone would care about something like that when they're already on the other side

As for me, I guess I don't care about it since I'm already ugly alive, even if I did my best I could never have a "good looking" corpse. But still I see no point in it if I will be dead already

Reactions: LastFlowers, Élégie, FatalSystemError591 and 5 others
N

NoIdeaAtAll

Oct 13, 2020
I guess deep down people still want a quite painless death. From my point of view ugly death means painful methods.

Reactions: elzo5678
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I guess deep down people still want a quite painless death. From my point of view ugly death means painful methods.
A bullet to the head is the least painful method (if done correctly) and leaves a very ugly and messy corpse

Reactions: Marauder, death137, TooConscious and 2 others
N

NoIdeaAtAll

Oct 13, 2020
A bullet to the head is the least painful method (if done correctly) and leaves a very ugly and messy corpse
that is true! i guess my thinking was just limited within methods that is possible for me, it's just hard for me to find a gun

Reactions: death137 and TooConscious
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
that is true! i guess my thinking was just limited within methods that is possible for me, it's just hard for me to find a gun
Me too, can't buy one here. One of the few I envy from americans

Reactions: Fehler, death137, TooConscious and 1 other person
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I've been noticing that many people here want to leave a pretty corpse for their family to be found. Can I ask you why? It's so strange to me that someone would care about something like that when they're already on the other side

As for me, I guess I don't care about it since I'm already ugly alive, even if I did my best I could never have a "good looking" corpse. But still I see no point in it if I will be dead already
I think there is a reasonable level of concern someone can have, but a number of people on this site simply aren't realistic when it comes to the reality of a corpse. Some remains are harder to come across than others, for example a gun shot to the head makes not only a difficult to clean mess but it is also a traumatizing scene for whoever sees the body. I can understand why someone would want to make the scene as peaceful as possible for whoever comes across the body, with that being said, a dead body is not a pretty sight especially if there is time for decomposition. So while it makes sense for someone to want to limit the amount of mess/gore, it must be understood that it is unlikely they will be found in a perfectly peaceful state.

Reactions: imacrybaby, death137, TooConscious and 1 other person
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Honestly all I care abt is leaving this shit hole ... How I look after I ctb is least of my worry .. But I understand people who would want to look pretty dead

• Love
Reactions: Superdeterminist, LonelyNick, Meditation guide and 4 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Sorry to sound unsympathetic but this shows the lack of common sense among most people.
"Oh God he's got no head, he must have felt every nanosecond of that and suffered so much"
Yet someone who's died from low suspension incorrectly and been suffocating for two hours
Family "why has he got that big Cheshire cat smile?"
He died painless and happy

When really the morgue people have stretched the trauma look out of your face so much that it barely looks like you.

Reactions: Antiquated and death137
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I don't care about my corpse either as long as I die painlessly

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm more worried about myself than others, but I have concerns beyond just vanity. I'm not going to go have a makeover before I die, but I'd prefer to make as little mess as possible and hurt myself as little as possible. Right or wrong, I associate blood and gore with agony. I already have too much pain and don't want more. I deserve better.

Then there's unknowable fears. What if I've blown up half my face and somehow survive it? What if it ISN'T painless? What about the person I love who is maybe going to have to identify me? I'm not angry and seeking to traumatize anyone. My death isn't a statement or meant to punish anyone.

And then there's silly, abstract little things that creep into my head sometimes like what if there actually is an afterlife and I'm stuck looking like how I died? I don't want to be one of those ugly ghosts!

Anyway, the main thing is one big problem I have is I want to be dead because I feel like I've been mutilated beyond repair already, so why would I cause even more damage to myself?

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I dont worry about how my dead body will impact others
Because I have no one who cares, and strangers, why should it matter?
I dont mind being badly injured / bleeding etc, thats the point. I want to hurt. If I wanted to just fall asleep and never wake up and leave my corpse looking like I just took a long nap I would take N or something.
The only thing Im terrified of is decomposition, especially in water. The way you look after a few days...horrifying. I hope they find me early on and cremate whats left of me. Doesnt make sense worrying about it cause I will no longer be here anymore but I dont want to be a bloated, green mess

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Lots of corpses look gruesome. The person is no longer alive so unless you hope to have an open casket at your wake or funeral it won't matter what your corpse looks like. And a good funeral home can work wonders if you do have an open casket funeral. I've seen this, where the corpse looked 100% better than the person ever looked in real life.

Last edited:
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
If I looked good nobody would kill me anyway, so why bother?

Reactions: TheSomebody
LonelyNick

LonelyNick

They/Them, He/Him
Jul 15, 2020
All these nagging questions and doubt sounds like SI to me. I just want to tell these people full of doubts; Educate yourself, research, watch Ask a Mortician.

Those yt videos explains in detail corpses things, embalming and decomposition. She's also very reassuring about death and how natural it is. I highly recommend her videos and she also has a podcast called Death in the Afternoon.

Power through education.

Reactions: Élégie, woxihuanni and TheSomebody
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I want to look like myself when I die, the real me, not the husk I've become. So I will make an effort, do makeup and fix my hair. Suicide to me is a huge act of self care and self love, I want to look my best. Sure its vein and probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but it's personal to me.

Reactions: CoolGuy9 and I screwed up
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
My first funeral was my dads when I was 15. He died in our driveway aorta aneurysm. No one warned me what I would see. It really sent me mentally very off. 11 years was my poppy. He had a quad bi pass and plaque shot off and caused strokes. He was awake very little in the hospital. He didn't look as bad as my father did. 11 years later my Nanny was diagnosed with lung metastatic. She died 3 weeks later. The only thing that helped me see her body- the make up artists sucked. She looked nothing like my nanny. My Aunt & Uncle each grabbed me on each side to talk me up to nanny. They remembered my break down seeing my dad and poppy. Next was my son. I couldn't see him damaged, He went right from medical examiner to funeral home for cremation. Thankfully I wasn't forced to identify his body. I don't know if I helped myself or not by not seeing him. If I hear a car that sounds like his my heart goes crazy and I anxiously wait for him to walk through the door. I do remember the way he looked that morning leaving for work, telling him I love you buddy I hope you have a good day. For my mental state i think thats best.

I don't care what corpse I leave. I have to add an addendum to my will and have it say I don't want any form of viewing. They can have a life ceremony like I did for my son-having pictures around, his ashes and something along that lined. I just don't want people seeing my corpse.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie and tidalwxves
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020

That's me .I am too (ugly). I don't really understand it either.

Deleted member 13412

Deleted member 13412

Dec 27, 2019
my body is not me but i know no one will belive that

Reactions: FatalSystemError591
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I see the appeal of wanting to leave behind a "pretty corpse" but I also cannot meet that standard unfortunately. I think it may have to do with the fact also, besides some vanity or glamorous romanticism of death...that when we are dead, we cannot hide, we are candidly limp and vulnerable. People can stare and touch and our body can't run away, whoever finds the body will see it, if there is a wake..then a shit ton more people will see it. Hell, even being ugly won't stop people from displaying your corpse if they feel like it. That's what I worry about personally. I am seriously considering maiming myself further to a degree where it will be unacceptable to put me out in the open.

I already know my corpse will be an eyesore, even if it's fresh, I don't care if I will be dead..I still don't want to be seen, I don't want people gawking at an exterior form that caused me a lot of hell in life. I am requesting to have no wake or open casket and no funeral or announcement, the less people know the less they can get in the head of the one person I have told these wishes to.

I don't believe in the after life or god or anything like that, but I still hold firm to the notion that the dead have rights. That body still belongs to them and we should respect what they would have wanted to be done with it. I think wanting one's corpse to be or look a certain way is a form of postmortem control, which is understandable to me. Anyway, people say they won't care when they are dead but noone is dead until they're dead! We are still alive so we are still going to care, and when we are gone, we still leave bits and pieces behind that may be manhandled and disrespected by the living. It's embarrassing having to think about while we still breath air.

Reactions: Élégie