Z

zzzameron

Feb 17, 2019
I understand that any amount of medicine that's harmful enough to kill you has a risk of long-term effects if you survive, but I was wondering which medicines have the least risk of being permanently damaging if the attempt were to go wrong.

I considered my prescription epilepsy meds, but apparently I'd die of acute respiratory failure, and like most of you I'm looking for an easy and mostly painless plan B. I know all overdoses will come with horrible things but I'm really only able to get my hands on OTC meds and my prescription.

I was thinking about benadryl, since it interacts with my prescription meds to make me extra drowsy so maybe I could go out sleeping? I have a feeling it wouldn't be that simple tho, plus I worry about lasting effects if it goes wrong. I'm no pharmacist so I really don't know much about medicine at all. any ideas?

D

divaangel

Mar 16, 2019
Most medications, both OTC and prescription, have very high lethal dosages, so much so that your body will vomit up any large quantity. Death by overdose is pretty much impossible except for the noted N and SN methods (SN of course not being an actual "medication" but a food preservative). N or pentobarbital, is rarely even used for humans anymore due to it's potential to be lethal in overdose. Reading the stats on overdose is discouraging as a way to ctb with most sites stating 20% or less that are actually successful.

The drowsy effect of benadryl is as it's an antihistamine with known drowsy side effects. It's unlikely any amount would result in death.

Reactions: 1964dodge, throwaway_2620, TreatmentDidntWork and 3 others
Z

zzzameron

Feb 17, 2019
Most medications, both OTC and prescription, have very high lethal dosages, so much so that your body will vomit up any large quantity. Death by overdose is pretty much impossible except for the noted N and SN methods (SN of course not being an actual "medication" but a food preservative). N or pentobarbital, is rarely even used for humans anymore due to it's potential to be lethal in overdose. Reading the stats on overdose is discouraging as a way to ctb with most sites stating 20% or less that are actually successful.

The drowsy effect of benadryl is as it's an antihistamine with known drowsy side effects. It's unlikely any amount would result in death.
thank you, I didn't know any of that. I guess I'm basing my OD knowledge off of all those movie scenes where people down pill bottles lol. I appreciate the reply : )

Reactions: divaangel
TreatmentDidntWork

TreatmentDidntWork

Mar 15, 2019
NOT Tylenol. That will wreck your liver if you survive, and might kill you in the process. But if it does kill you, it will be an incredibly painful, long, drawn-out process that could take weeks. Also, the OD itself is the most horrific thing I've ever gone through. "Vomiting" does not adequately describe the violent way the contents of my guts were expelled for hours on end. You don't stop puking when you run out of stomach contents, btw. You'll just continue to dry heave. I also got incredibly painful cramping and muscle spasms to the point that observers thought I was having a seizure.

Reactions: Livinginhell
Z

zzzameron

Feb 17, 2019
NOT Tylenol. That will wreck your liver if you survive, and might kill you in the process. But if it does kill you, it will be an incredibly painful, long, drawn-out process that could take weeks. Also, the OD itself is the most horrific thing I've ever gone through. "Vomiting" does not adequately describe the violent way the contents of my guts were expelled for hours on end. You don't stop puking when you run out of stomach contents, btw. You'll just continue to dry heave. I also got incredibly painful cramping and muscle spasms to the point that observers thought I was having a seizure.
I'm really sorry you had to go through that. I've heard about the liver damage part, but I didn't consider how painful the experience would be. thank you for the reply; I likely won't be trying to OD on anything unless I'm out of options

1964dodge

Student
Sep 19, 2018
if I do go out I was thinking of od, i'm used to opioids so I have a tolerance. I have prochlerperazine, I hope I spelled it right, for extreme nausea I can have 90 morphine sulphate 30mg, 10 fentanyl patches 12.5 mcg 100 hydro-morphone 2mg, 90 gabapentin 90 atenolol and a couple others. I figure take the nausea med an hour ahead and the rest should do the job. nobody knows I have a plan yet. i'm not ready yet but close.