• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Went to the shops to get supplies as I am visiting my family for vacation. I also had to return some old library books. It was pouring outside and I felt so irritated when I found out the library was closed unexpectedly. When I came back home, I logged onto Netflix and unexpectedly found The Good Place. Up until now, I didn't even know that Netflix did witty comedies and then found a whole selection of them. I had quite a few laughs and felt somewhat better. Something I wasn't really expecting!

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Went to the shops to get supplies as I am visiting my family for vacation. I also had to return some old library books. It was pouring outside and I felt so irritated when I found out the library was closed unexpectedly. When I came back home, I logged onto Netflix and unexpectedly found The Good Place. Up until now, I didn't even know that Netflix did witty comedies and then found a whole selection of them. I had quite a few laughs and felt somewhat better. Something I wasn't really expecting!
First of all, it's great that you use the library. I'm old-fashioned and biased because I worked at one while I was in college, but libraries are so wonderful for the community and get people outdoors/interacting. The Good Place seems funny, my friend sends me clips sometimes - I love "ya basic" and Chidi.

Thank you for sharing, this was lovely to read. I'm glad you were able to laugh today and felt a bit better.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I used to love the library when I was growing up. School taught me stuff, but I continued my education whilst waiting for the bus by reading about the stuff I was actually interested in. Such a calm and thoughtful place. I always wanted to work in a library, and indeed I did when I was at university. Haven't been to the library in years but I imagine the service here has been quite decimated by the financial crisis and the virus.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Woxi use to crack me up with her dildo and doctors jokes. Sorely miss her but more happy if she escaped.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Very few things make me laugh anymore. The show Eastbound and Down made me laugh so much though

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Oh gosh The Good Place is one of the best television shows in years :,) Really glad you're enjoying it.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I don't laugh anymore. Back in the day, Chapelle's show, Chris rock HBO stand ups and Seinfeld would make me chuckle.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I used to like Frankie Boyle back when I still laughed.