N

nostalgia addict

Jul 23, 2023
Any last resort ideas to try and get relief before choosing to ctb? Existing with tinnitus daily feels like an endless nightmare and I'm going in circles. Getting exhausted, this isn't living anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: ipomoeaalba, rationaltake and RainAndSadness
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
How long have you had it?
I have had it for 7 years and I'm fully habituated, doesn't bother me at all (and yes it's loud with a bazillion different sounds).

Reactions: NumbItAll
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
As someone who has had tinnitus in one of my ears for a while I completely understand where you're coming from by saying that trying to ignore tinnitus is very hard and very tiring too. I don't know any ways to distract yourself from it, what i would do is just put on headphones or airpods and listen to music.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake
N

nostalgia addict

Jul 23, 2023
How long have you had it?
I have had it for 7 years and I'm fully habituated, doesn't bother me at all (and yes it's loud with a bazillion different sounds).
I've had it for around 3 years but it was mild, became much worse after being pressured into microsuction vacuum earwax removal by an audiologist

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
I have tinnitus in both ears. The secret is to accept the sound - then you won't notice it anymore and you can live with it.

Reactions: ipomoeaalba, carac and NumbItAll
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
No experience with tinnitis, but might as well give shrooms (psilocybin) a shot if you havent. Quick google search of the effect on tinnitis has few results but it seems positive-leaning.

Reactions: aGoodDayToDie
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Have you tried any mind body work? Basically working on accepting it and not fearing it, some people find challenging it to get worse even helps.

nofunclub

nofunclub

all in all, it’s just another brick in the wall
Jul 17, 2023
I've had it for around 3 years but it was mild, became much worse after being pressured into microsuction vacuum earwax removal by an audiologist
That's awful, I'm so sorry that happened.

There is a forum called Tinnitus Talk where you may find good advice. I had mild/moderate tinnitus for 10 years, then it got sooo much worse 9 months ago after my ear plugs were no match for a music festival. It was truly hell the first few months… it kept me awake for days on end and was constantly distressing.

I found a few medications and supplements that helped a bit, which were recommended on the forum. The biggest thing was time, though… I didn't think I could possibly get used to the new volume, but I guess I did adjust somewhere along the way without really thinking about it.

Wishing you the best.

yellowroses

yellowroses

Ever Seeking
Jun 12, 2023
I don't have tinnitus so I have no clue if this actually works, but I've heard that it can help and would be interested to hear if it actually does: this is a full spectrum hearing test- give it a listen preferably with headphones, and see if it helps? Good luck ❤️

Coldpizza22

Coldpizza22

Crafter
Apr 2, 2023
I've had it, but mostly got used to it. It made me afraid of loud sounds, i can't say for sure but i think loud sounds make it temporarily worse. So i use earplugs around moderately loud places. I stopped using headphones for gaming and music, now i use speakers at low volume for gaming. It's a little harder, but doable. It a pain and it makes my life worse

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
Have you explored possible medical treatments? If so, might be worth exploring psilocybin? Or ketamine?