• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

anonymous61416

Feb 3, 2024
New to this forum, but planning on CTB ASAP. I'm about to fail out of my graduate program, and had been planning on CTB for a host of other reasons independently of that. I don't really have any doubts at this point.

After having been an atheist for most of my life, I have recently started to take religion seriously again. But only just recently. I went to church once, but found that that particular church was not what I was looking for. I had been planning on CTB at some point, but I was hoping to at least have more time to live in a Christian way and make greater amends for having been a less-than-stellar person for most of my life. Unfortunately, I am going to have to CTB sooner than expected. So there isn't exactly a lot of time for good deeds. I can at least send out some apologies for past behavior, but I am not exactly going to have time for a massive redemption arc. And this is in addition to the fact that many regard suicide to be a sin (it is fine if you don't have that view).

Is there anyone else out there who has been an atheist most of their lives and has similar concerns? What do any Christians think about the prospects for salvation for someone who seeks forgiveness late in life? And what do any Christians think about suicide: will God understand?

All perspectives welcome. Thank you.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I'm an atheist yet do follow Buddhism to a degree. If that church wasn't for you try a different one.

Reactions: divinemistress36
SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
Is there anyone else out there who has been an atheist most of their lives and has similar concerns?
I come from a lower class background in the UK, and there has been a lot of disenfranchised working class lads convert to islam in the past for some reason.
And what do any Christians think about suicide: will God understand?
Not a christian but pretty sure it's a sin. "Thou shalt not kill"(6) I reckon applies to yourself too.
I'm an atheist yet do follow Buddhism to a degree. If that church wasn't for you try a different one.
I've noticed there are a lot of buddhists on here.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I come from a lower class background in the UK, and there has been a lot of disenfranchised working class lads convert to islam in the past for some reason.

Not a christian but pretty sure it's a sin. "Thou shalt not kill"(6) I reckon applies to yourself too.

I've noticed there are a lot of buddhists on here.
I agree with the Islam comment. Lots in Birmingham where I'm originally from have converted.

Reactions: Homo erectus and SnakesButNoLadder
A

Alpercino

Jun 19, 2023
Islam is the answer to those in need of extreme conservatism in these times where traditions,norms and stuff are changing.

If they d know and experience irl how the majority of islamic countries are just abusing islam they d think twice

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Homo erectus
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum! When u have a few more posts you can also use the search. Religious beliefs / What comes after death and so on has been discussed in many threads.

If a god punishes you for suicide when he is almighty, all-forgiving, all-merciful and he created you and does not at least change your personal situation and thus indirectly forces you to commit a "sin", just to punish you afterwards in hell - that's truly a sadistic god.

This is my personal opinion.
This just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: db223207, Homo erectus, anonymous61416 and 2 others
A

anonymous61416

Feb 3, 2024
Welcome to the forum! When u have a few more posts you can also use the search. Religious beliefs / What comes after death and so on has been discussed in many threads.

If a god would punish you for suicide when he is almighty, all-forgiving, all-merciful and he created you and does not at least change your personal situation and thus indirectly forces you to commit a "sin", just to punish you afterwards in hell - that's truly a sadistic god.

This is my personal opinion.
This just doesn't make sense.
Ah yes I see, I was wondering about the search function. That's very helpful. And thank you very much for your thoughts as well. I appreciate that perspective.

Reactions: Homo erectus and Praestat_Mori
AdamOndiAhman

AdamOndiAhman

dreaming on kolob
Feb 8, 2024
New to this forum, but planning on CTB ASAP. I'm about to fail out of my graduate program, and had been planning on CTB for a host of other reasons independently of that. I don't really have any doubts at this point.

After having been an atheist for most of my life, I have recently started to take religion seriously again. But only just recently. I went to church once, but found that that particular church was not what I was looking for. I had been planning on CTB at some point, but I was hoping to at least have more time to live in a Christian way and make greater amends for having been a less-than-stellar person for most of my life. Unfortunately, I am going to have to CTB sooner than expected. So there isn't exactly a lot of time for good deeds. I can at least send out some apologies for past behavior, but I am not exactly going to have time for a massive redemption arc. And this is in addition to the fact that many regard suicide to be a sin (it is fine if you don't have that view).

Is there anyone else out there who has been an atheist most of their lives and has similar concerns? What do any Christians think about the prospects for salvation for someone who seeks forgiveness late in life? And what do any Christians think about suicide: will God understand?

All perspectives welcome. Thank you.
this is a good book to read. its free to download from their website. (https://realilluminati.org/books/suicide-and-the-eternal-nature-of-the-soul/)

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
"If there is a god, he will have to beg for my forgiveness!" (quote carved into a wall in a ww2 concentration camp)

That would be my stance with regards to sins/forgiveness for transgressions in this life.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Homo erectus and anonymous61416
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
I've been an atheist most of my life and am worrying more about god and religion lately. I don't know what I believe in but I don't see how I can hope for forgiveness from any version of god I've heard of -- religious people all seem to agree that suicide is an unforgivable sin regardless of denomination. Personally I'm hoping none of it's real and the only thing waiting for us is nonexistence.

Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
The boundary between suicide and natural death becomes unclear when one looks closer. Is refusing treatment natural death? Being depressed and suicidal is a natural condition. Whatever happens because of that condition is also natural. Is there reincarnation, hell, or reliving the same life as punishment? No one is really sure. There is no choice anyway. Maybe I have lived this life many times. But it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: divinemistress36