• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PursuitofWonder

PursuitofWonder

Student
Dec 12, 2020
The past few years have been hell and I'm surprised I've made it this far. I've been in inpatient for a combined time of about 6 months or so and have been on many medications that promised to help me. None of it helped. I got approved for TMS and this is my last option. If this doesn't work I have nothing left to try. The thought is really scary but also somewhat comforting. If it doesn't work I can at least ctb being at peace knowing that I did everything I possibly could. Not sure why I'm writing this, I guess because I can't tell anyone else these things. Thank you all for being on SS and being so kind :)

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
The past few years have been hell and I'm surprised I've made it this far. I've been in inpatient for a combined time of about 6 months or so and have been on many medications that promised to help me. None of it helped. I got approved for TMS and this is my last option. If this doesn't work I have nothing left to try. The thought is really scary but also somewhat comforting. If it doesn't work I can at least ctb being at peace knowing that I did everything I possibly could. Not sure why I'm writing this, I guess because I can't tell anyone else these things. Thank you all for being on SS and being so kind :)
Aww, sorry OP, that's sounds awful. Glad you've been able to find comfort in SS.

—hugs—

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020

Greetings.

TMS is one thing I have never been approved for. Neither have I ever tried an MAOI (or want to, as I cannot tolerate wearing a Medic Alert bracelet). I have been ruled out as a candidate for Deep Brain Stimulation, and wasn't enthusiastic about that procedure anyway.

I have failed on seven of the eight extant classes of antidepressants, as well as ECT.

Would be very curious as to whether TMS actually helps you (or anybody else that other treatments have failed for).

Reactions: Wrennie