• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I really feel like my mental state would improve if I just got a job somewhere. My anxiety really hampers this and it's frustrating as hell. I hate anxiety so much. My life would improve dramatically if I could just snap it out of existence.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
What do you think is tripping you up? Is it the interview? The drudgery of sending out your resume a million times?

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
What do you think is tripping you up? Is it the interview? The drudgery of sending out your resume a million times?
It's humiliating to say but I've never even gotten to the interview phase. I get an offer for one and then I clam up and don't go.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
It's humiliating to say but I've never even gotten to the interview phase. I get an offer for one and then I clam up and don't go.
Hey, it's baby steps. Just remember that everyone has to be new to it once, and even people who interview well often find them nerve-wracking. Do you have anybody who could mock interview you? Even in the unlikely event that the interviewer ends up asking completely different questions, it will help you get a feel for the dynamic.

Reactions: lavender143once
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Hey, it's baby steps. Just remember that everyone has to be new to it once, and even people who interview well often find them nerve-wracking. Do you have anybody who could mock interview you? Even in the unlikely event that the interviewer ends up asking completely different questions, it will help you get a feel for the dynamic.
Yeah, my college offers stuff like that with their career development center. I've done one with them before but I haven't gone on to do the real thing yet.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Yeah, my college offers stuff like that with their career development center. I've done one with them before but I haven't gone on to do the real thing yet.
Do more of them if they will let you. Hell, I created a word doc and wrote out my answers as well just so I could keep an idea of my main points in my head. Exposure is what you need here. Feeling more prepared will make the situation less scary.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
The real thing isn't awful, tbh. And I have really bad anxiety. Anxiety, for me, makes it seem worse than it is. I go in there, and at the start I'm nervous and fidgeting and everything. After the first 5 mins or so of the interview, I calm down a little more.

Reactions: Celerity
ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020
Got a job interview for tomorrow. Wrote and tried memorising ideal answers for possible questions. Last time I went for an interview was last year. I blanked up so hard I couldn't answer half of the questions. 😢 Ever since then the thought of interviews made me want to throw uo and throw myself down a cliff.
You're not alone brother. We can do thiS!

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Got a job interview for tomorrow. Wrote and tried memorising ideal answers for possible questions. Last time I went for an interview was last year. I blanked up so hard I couldn't answer half of the questions. 😢 Ever since then the thought of interviews made me want to throw uo and throw myself down a cliff.
You're not alone brother. We can do thiS!
Interviews are really tough and nerve wracking! Don't beat yourself up about it, blanking during an interview must be fairly common I would assume. I really hope yours goes well tomorrow! And if it doesn't then I hope that you beat the interview phase eventually. Best of luck, man!

ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020
Interviews are really tough and nerve wracking! Don't beat yourself up about it, blanking during an interview must be fairly common I would assume. I really hope yours goes well tomorrow! And if it doesn't then I hope that you beat the interview phase eventually. Best of luck, man!
Thank you. It didn't go very well and I'm definitely not getting the job. Got asked what makes me stand out from the 9 other interviewers and I blanked again. Definitely did better than last time. Back to spam applying I go. Good luck to the others trying too!

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Thank you. It didn't go very well and I'm definitely not getting the job. Got asked what makes me stand out from the 9 other interviewers and I blanked again. Definitely did better than last time. Back to spam applying I go. Good luck to the others trying too!
That's a tough question most people struggle with. I also think it's a stupid one to ask. It's even less substantive than other interview quetsions and merely evaluates a candidate's salesmanship.