Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I'm not sure if others have this issue but today I had the day off and did for the most part nothing at all. I feel pathetic that my motivation is just gone, I planned on doing a few things but accomplished basically fuck all
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Moonicide, not-2-b-the-answer, mediocre and 10 others
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
Yes, this is the worst. I have this a lot, I have had a depressive episode for weeks now but I kicked the lethargy today, I have finally done stuff. It feels so amazing to have achieved something. A shower is like nectar from the gods, leaving the house makes me feel fresh in the wintry breeze, I opened the curtains for the first time in weeks, took the rubbish out like a champ,put laundry away like a domestic goddess, listed unwanted clutter online so someone else can pick it up and get use from it (eco-warrior), Christmas tree is now up and adorned, tidied up and felt like the house now belonged in an interior design magazine...and now it's 3am and I know I have partially wrecked tomorrow, but at least I did something.

You'll get there. Everyone's like that on a day off. The night before a day off is better than the actual day off. I always do fuck all, I am sloth.

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly, you may have done something small today, it may have been not as good as usual, but at least you did it.

Reactions: AlexM, not-2-b-the-answer and Nem
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
yes, in my case i think is because i completely gave up on this life and only a miracle could bring back any motivation that i ever had.

it sucks, i had so many things that i wanted to accomplish.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, BrokenHopes, Qdv and 2 others
ninthhokage

ninthhokage

Nov 8, 2019
yes, in my case i think is because i completely gave up on this life and only a miracle could bring back any motivation that i ever had.

it sucks, i had so many things that i wanted to accomplish.

This is exactly how I feel, word for word. My motivation is dead and I will be too soon enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, cowbain, Fragile and 1 other person
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I'm the same, I keep thinking that a good part of my life was already wasted in depression so what's the future even for?
I barely make myself go outside.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Nem
M

Manja

Can't wait to die
Nov 27, 2019
Lol I live like that for last 10 years...

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Nem and justwhy?
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm not sure if others have this issue but today I had the day off and did for the most part nothing at all. I feel pathetic that my motivation is just gone, I planned on doing a few things but accomplished basically fuck all
Peace/hugs
Yea I had the same kind of day. I'm getting over something and so to a degree this normal for me to become sad in a situation like this. It still sucks though. I hate when I feel sad and then I can't get out of the apartment. It can easily turn into like days on end unless I try to fight against it. If I did not have such high rent I would probably hardly leave the apartment or go anywhere lol! I have to force myself to do things a lot. I'm not naturally a very driven motivated person especially if the reward isn't right or not big enough. I need pretty substantial rewards to be motivated and frequently lol! Otherwise I'm pretty much not goin to be very motivated.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, BlueWidow and Nem
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Same here i had it most of my life in varying degrees from completely suck in bed to being able to go out . But in the end they no point you going to die sooner or later i like to be sooner my self .

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Malletboy

Malletboy

Nov 27, 2019
Man this depression shit SUCKS! Yeah dude, you definitely aren't alone. I've been struggling to get out of bed to simply shower and eat. I've got music to write for gigs and homework to complete for a lesson and idk where I'm going to find motivation to get those done. The only thing I can see myself leaving the house for is work - and even then I'm on autopilot mode. Doing what's necessary to maintain a shitty life.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, BlueWidow and Mort
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Exactly. I don't get up til 11 in the morning or noon these days. Then I have to move so slowly getting dressed and so on, it can take more than an hour before I'm ready to do anything. Then all of that effort and activity drains me, so I have to sit down for a while and rest. When I'm ready to try doing something else, it's 2 or 3 in the afternoon and it gets dark here at 4 pm right now. The darkness makes me want to get back in my pjs and go back to bed - only to do the same thing the next day. No energy or motivation at all. I've got a million things I'd like to get done, but no motivation or energy to do any of them. I always feel like I'm dragging around a giant boulder wherever I go. It's exhausting.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Malletboy
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Peace/hugs

I have the same problem... I don't want to do anything on my days off. Unfortunately I can't always do nothing. I would love to not have to get out of bed at all.
I do like watching tv and being on here but other than that I don't want to do anything.

Yes, this is the worst. I have this a lot, I have had a depressive episode for weeks now but I kicked the lethargy today, I have finally done stuff. It feels so amazing to have achieved something. A shower is like nectar from the gods, leaving the house makes me feel fresh in the wintry breeze, I opened the curtains for the first time in weeks, took the rubbish out like a champ,put laundry away like a domestic goddess, listed unwanted clutter online so someone else can pick it up and get use from it (eco-warrior), Christmas tree is now up and adorned, tidied up and felt like the house now belonged in an interior design magazine...and now it's 3am and I know I have partially wrecked tomorrow, but at least I did something.

You'll get there. Everyone's like that on a day off. The night before a day off is better than the actual day off. I always do fuck all, I am sloth.

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly, you may have done something small today, it may have been not as good as usual, but at least you did it.

Opened the curtains !!!! :ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh: NOOOOOO !!!!
I haven't the energy or will to do that. The darker the better. I do laundry when need to. I do everything poorly. It's about all I can do.

Exactly. I don't get up til 11 in the morning or noon these days. Then I have to move so slowly getting dressed and so on, it can take more than an hour before I'm ready to do anything. Then all of that effort and activity drains me, so I have to sit down for a while and rest. When I'm ready to try doing something else, it's 2 or 3 in the afternoon and it gets dark here at 4 pm right now. The darkness makes me want to get back in my pjs and go back to bed - only to do the same thing the next day. No energy or motivation at all. I've got a million things I'd like to get done, but no motivation or energy to do any of them. I always feel like I'm dragging around a giant boulder wherever I go. It's exhausting.

Sometimes I can't drag my ass out of bed until 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nem, Malletboy and BlueWidow
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
That's been me pretty much everyday lately. My sleeping schedule is such a mess and I'm just always so tired... I have a few things I need to get done before I ctb though, so it's such a pain. Don't have the energy to care right now. Hope we all can somehow find a bit of energy. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Fragile