RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
My desire to CTB has been intense and persistent throughout my entire life, but I've also struggled to understand and verbalize why. So, I thought I'd try to explain my desire to CTB as briefly but thoroughly as possible:

Lack of money and independence. I'm 25 and I hate living with my parents, but I could never afford to move out.

I genuinely struggle to explain why (I feel like I'm forgetting a lot), all I know is that anytime my parents are nearby I get really bad anxiety and depression. Any time I've lived away from them (such as for temp placements or if they're away), or when I had actual hope that I could move away from them in the future, I felt much better and didn't want to CTB. The prospect of independence and living away from them was the ONLY thing that made me not want to CTB.

But I've slowly been coming to accept that I will never be able to afford to move away from them. I can't afford real estate (even with my current full-time job, which I'm slowly failing at anyways due to burnout and being undiagnosed my whole life finally taking its toll). Living the rest of my life in rental units is essentially a slow death sentence in my country because rental prices are only going up and will eventually become unaffordable.

I can't find someone (spouse, roommate, etc.) to help with the costs because I am emotionally incapable of trusting anyone. Being at the mercy of / dependent on anyone for any reason (including financially) gives me really crippling anxiety. The only people I have a "relationship" with are my parents, but seeing how they act in a "relationship" has made the prospects of a relationship with anyone seem as unappealing as possible. It's a classic case of attachment issues.

I've done so much to try and not think about this, to ignore it, to delude myself into thinking I could finally escape one day, but after learning more about the real estate market in my area and how it relates to my current financial situation, I feel like the final straw is about to be pulled very soon and I might start actually planning if my situation doesn't change.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises, pole, annointed_towers and 4 others
nebulaz

nebulaz

Mar 11, 2021
This is more or less the sole reason why I want to do it. The struggle between wanting freedom but HAVING to rely on people makes me feel like cornered animal. I wish I could just be completely alone and self sufficient. I hate living in apartments because I can't even trust the people there.
I notice half my peers that get to move are rich/lucky, the other half formed bonds with other people and can live with them.
I hate posting publicly because it's basically here forever but if you wanna vent about this hmu mostly I get it (I think).

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises, pole, girlsboysthems and 2 others
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
same here. trying my hardest to finish college as soon as possible and getting my license, getting a good job and moving out somehow somewhere. the rents are brutal and i might get a van and move in there. i just cant be here anymore. i mean alive and in this house.

i am beyond grateful that i have a room in my parents house but at what cost really?

• Hugs
Reactions: RosebyAnyName and pole