Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
I know "normal" people have this desire.

But I don't. No desire to earn money, enjoy any material things in life, get married, or have a kid.

Not even depressed, just numb. Wishing things to end. But unable to actively "make" them end.

I wish that I wasn't so useless to myself or my parents.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, Ghost2211, lotus11 and 14 others
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
I'm sorry you feel that way, and I can relate to what you're saying. There's nothing I actually want to do. I feel like that also makes it more difficult to get better, because there's no real goal to strive for. Like, my therapist was urging me to do more things that make me happy, and focus on positive things in the future, but I can't really do that if nothing is even remotely interesting, can I?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Ghost2211, strand and 6 others
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
I'm the same and have been for years tbh. I've had brief periods of having goals, then lost interest.

Reactions: demuic, Skathon and death137
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Normal just means what the majority does. Is something automatically good or advisable just because a majority does it? I don't think so. For example, most people are straight, that doesn't mean being gay is bad. Which relates to a second point, being that what you feel and the thoughts you have aren't really choices, they just kind of happen to you as a result of your circumstances. So whatever you end up believing, you've arrived there due to factors beyond your control. Therefore, I would urge you never to feel guilty about it.

• Love
Reactions: timetofly, death137 and Worthless_nobody
A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
I'm sorry you feel that way, and I can relate to what you're saying. There's nothing I actually want to do. I feel like that also makes it more difficult to get better, because there's no real goal to strive for. Like, my therapist was urging me to do more things that make me happy, and focus on positive things in the future, but I can't really do that if nothing is even remotely interesting, can I?
Therapists are stupid. It's just words. It's depressing how people don't want us to kill ourselves, but don't REALLY do anything to make things better for us.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, timetofly, Zyntkalla and 3 others
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
Therapists are stupid. It's just words. It's depressing how people don't want us to kill ourselves, but don't REALLY do anything to make things better for us.
Yeah, I agree. I think it would be at least somewhat better if mental health professionals could acknowledge that suicide IS one possible solution, and then focus on providing alternative, and realistic solutions. Or just, be realistic in general. If I haven't wanted to do anything for literal years, I'm not going to magically find some drive from some basic routines and a handful of social events. Maybe we should talk about WHY I don't want to do anything?

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Skathon, AynoTnTime and 4 others
A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
Yeah, I agree. I think it would be at least somewhat better if mental health professionals could acknowledge that suicide IS one possible solution, and then focus on providing alternative, and realistic solutions. Or just, be realistic in general. If I haven't wanted to do anything for literal years, I'm not going to magically find some drive from some basic routines and a handful of social events. Maybe we should talk about WHY I don't want to do anything?
I know my problem. Part of it is I don't fit in and I always have been rejected by males I like.
Now, I have a bevy of health problems, including cancer. What's the point?

Reactions: death137
Meaninglesslife50

Meaninglesslife50

An unexamined life is not a life worth living.
Aug 31, 2020
I know my problem. Part of it is I don't fit in and I always have been rejected by males I like.
Sorry that you're suffering from cancer.It is true that the don't do anything for us because they can't and don't want to involve themselves and from a socioeconomic perspective it is better for the goverments and people that you don't die but alive enough to do work and pay your taxes. We are people that are made up of our environment and genes so none of us is the same and it can he expected that some people won't be able to live a diserable life as copying 8 billion people's genes will have some inveitable deviation and it maybe fixable or may not. Or maybe I'm just too pessimistic and looking from the bottom of the well

moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
I'm really sorry about your situation. A therapist absolutely shouldn't gloss over very real circumstances.

Reactions: AynoTnTime
A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
Sorry that you're suffering from cancer.It is true that the don't do anything for us because they can't and don't want to involve themselves and from a socioeconomic perspective it is better for the goverments and people that you don't die but alive enough to do work and pay your taxes. We are people that are made up of our environment and genes so none of us is the same and it can he expected that some people won't be able to live a diserable life as copying 8 billion people's genes will have some inveitable deviation and it maybe fixable or may not. Or maybe I'm just too pessimistic and looking from the bottom of the well
No. I agree. The powers that be invest only enough money into us to barely keep us going if we don't fit into the parameters of what they want. From a medical standpoint, they keep us alive to experiment.
They do everything they can from keeping us from having a life, getting what we need to be happy, because they don't want us around. They want people around who don't have a problem with the way society has become & can be controlled with prescription drugs and or social media and/or bribery. Or, can be manipulated into doing things to further the goals of the powers that be.

• Love
Reactions: timetofly
Meaninglesslife50

Meaninglesslife50

Aug 31, 2020
No. I agree. The powers that be invest only enough money into us to barely keep us going if we don't fit into the parameters of what they want. From a medical standpoint, they keep us alive to experiment.
They do everything they can from keeping us from having a life, getting what we need to be happy, because they don't want us around. They want people around who don't have a problem with the way society has become & can be controlled with prescription drugs and or social media and/or bribery. Or, can be manipulated into doing things to further the goals of the powers that be.
It is interesting coincidence that you have joined at the exact date as me :) Yes power dynamics are very interesting.I don't think humans are predisposed to be evil and bad as being good is a evolutionary advantage to social group. But our government have gotten so big and powerful that they're detached from people so much that a policy that a country makes will affect people hundreds of kilometers/miles away.I live in a third world country and US policies affect me more that my own countrie's government policies do.And I don't think a country like the US would ever care about the wellfare of the people of my country let alone its own. Have heard of milgram exexperiment it is a landmark expriememt and it is too long for me to write it here.But it basically shows how people can do evil things to each other and still feel good about themselves.

A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
It is interesting coincidence that you have joined at the exact date as me :) Yes power dynamics are very interesting.I don't think humans are predisposed to be evil and bad as being good is a evolutionary advantage to social group. But our government have gotten so big and powerful that they're detached from people so much that a policy that a country makes will affect people hundreds of kilometers/miles away.I live in a third world country and US policies affect me more that my own countrie's government policies do.And I don't think a country like the US would ever care about the wellfare of the people of my country let alone its own. Have heard of milgram exexperiment it is a landmark expriememt and it is too long for me to write it here.But it basically shows how people can do evil things to each other and still feel good about themselves.
I've never heard of the experiment, but I'll look it up. If it weren't for the 1st world countries messing with the 3rd world countries, & certain people in the 3rd world countries wanting to be like the leaders of the 1st world countries, I think the people in 3rd world countries would have been happier keeping their indigenous ways.

A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
I read some about that experiment. It doesn't surprise me. Too many humans want to be in a position of power and control.

Reactions: Meaninglesslife50
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I feel the same way. I just waste my life away, I eat and try to sleep and play video games. Those in my life say I'm not lazy, bur how else would you describe this? Depression? Meh. I feel like it's my own fault and I'm too unmotivated to truly change. I can get the meds and therapy but all I truly want is to bloody die. How sad is that?

I don't care to set goals. I don't care to work towards anything. I don't want a house, kids, pets, anything. I'm just wasting my life until I finally kill myself.

A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
I know "normal" people have this desire.

But I don't. No desire to earn money, enjoy any material things in life, get married, or have a kid.

Not even depressed, just numb. Wishing things to end. But unable to actively "make" them end.

I wish that I wasn't so useless to myself or my parents.
Not wanting to procreate or get married does not make you useless. As far as money, material things, those things are unnatural. Some would say that not wanting to procreate is unnatural, but we, as humans have the ability to think, "do I really want to bring someone I love into this physical existence of suffering and then the process of dying.?"

Meaninglesslife50

Meaninglesslife50

Aug 31, 2020
Not wanting to procreate or get married does not make you useless. As far as money, material things, those things are unnatural. Some would say that not wanting to procreate is unnatural, but we, as humans have the ability to think, "do I really want to bring someone I love into this physical existence of suffering and then the process of dying.?"
There are actually people who are happy and do not want to procreate as they say they're antinatalist.And their argument is that no matter how good of a parent your child will inevitably suffer and no suffering is better than suffering even if joy and happiness comes with the package.and you can never know if they will come down with a life-devastating disease or not.Check out the book from david benetar "better never to have been" I haven't read it but it seems interesting.
I feel the same way. I just waste my life away, I eat and try to sleep and play video games. Those in my life say I'm not lazy, bur how else would you describe this? Depression? Meh. I feel like it's my own fault and I'm too unmotivated to truly change. I can get the meds and therapy but all I truly want is to bloody die. How sad is that?

I don't care to set goals. I don't care to work towards anything. I don't want a house, kids, pets, anything. I'm just wasting my life until I finally kill myself.
The fact that you feel anhedonic(no feeling of pleasure or pain)may make you feel like that you will be like this forever but I think you may find your like in trying treatment options and they may not be miracle but can you feel much better so don't go before trying everything so at least you know you've done everything that you could.

Last edited:
A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
I'm really sorry about your situation. A therapist absolutely shouldn't gloss over very real circumstances.
Thank you. I've never been to a therapist, but I just know in my heart that they won't help and that they are all a part of the same system that is most of what makes me unhappy.