• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Kore

Kore

Lonely in a room full of people…
Nov 2, 2023
Lately I've been trying to catch and stop my mind from throwing barrages of insults at myself. It usually starts with a positive thought, which is immediately met with negative thoughts and reminders of just how pathetic I am. Of how pointless it is.

"You're not good enough."
Pause
"You're pathetic."
Shorter pause
"You're weak."
Even shorter pause
"You're ugly."
Thoughts are coming rapid now
"You're a loser."
"They won't look twice at you."
"They laugh at you."
"Give up."

With each mental slap, my shoulders sag lower, my chest gets tighter, and then the tears start to fall. Slowly at first, until eventually they're streaming and my throat is burning.

It's… exhausting. Not just mentally, but somehow physically.

Over the past few years, I've noticed I seem to run on a cycle. It's not always the same lengths, but I have peaks and lows and rarely feel stable for a long period of time. But the deeper the low, the harder it is to get back out. I started to realize that on those days, I don't really want to get out…?

I started to realize that for some reason, the negativity is… seductive. I wrap myself in my pain as if it's comforting. I don't do things that make me happy because 'happy' feels alien; feels like I'd be lying to myself if I smiled, and so I purposely avoid it during those lows.

When I get to breaking point, there is something 'nice' about the breakdown that follows. When you just give in to your emotions, and begin to cry uncontrollably. It's often in the shower when I have no phone or object to hold my attention, or in the car for the same reasons. When the mental barrage of insults are free to pour out. I cry so hard I can barely breathe, until I finally pull in a shuddering breath.

Maybe it's the fact we try so hard, every day, to seem normal to other people. We expend so much energy and effort to hold our emotions in check. When you can no longer hold it back, it feels… good??

At any point I could stop, it's not hard to stop crying. But it's… pleasurable? Relieving? I don't even know what word to put on it, other than that it feels seductive. On those days, I want to use my pain as a blanket, crawl into it, and hide from the world.

I think the hardest part about these breakdowns is that it's something that I DO have control over, yet choose not to control. It's all in our mind. We know we should snap out of it and make an effort to recover, but it feels… wrong. It feels much nicer to sink lower and lower into the hole. Into the pit of despair. There were days where I literally did and said nothing all day, just kind of sat there, numb and tired.

Once you're deep enough in that pit, it feels incredibly hard to claw and climb back out. But in reality, our own mind is that pit. The walls are only getting higher because we think they are. Because we don't want to climb out just yet. Because the pain feels seductive. In fact, maybe it isn't even a pit at all, more like a shallow………… Depression.

Huh.

I guess that's why they call it that.

• Love
Reactions: JustA_LittlePerson, yasmine299 and cowboypants
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Lately I've been trying to catch and stop my mind from throwing barrages of insults at myself. It usually starts with a positive thought, which is immediately met with negative thoughts and reminders of just how pathetic I am. Of how pointless it is.

Pause
"You're pathetic."
Shorter pause
"You're weak."
Even shorter pause
"You're ugly."
"You're a loser."
"They laugh at you."
"Give up."

With each mental slap, my shoulders sag lower, my chest gets tighter, and then the tears start to fall. Slowly at first, until eventually they're streaming and my throat is burning.

Over the past few years, I've noticed I seem to run on a cycle. It's not always the same lengths, but I have peaks and lows and rarely feel stable for a long period of time. But the deeper the low, the harder it is to get back out. I started to realize that on those days, I don't really want to get out…?

I started to realize that for some reason, the negativity is… seductive. I wrap myself in my pain as if it's comforting. I don't do things that make me happy because 'happy' feels alien; feels like I'd be lying to myself if I smiled, and so I purposely avoid it during those lows.

When I get to breaking point, there is something 'nice' about the breakdown that follows. When you just give in to your emotions, and begin to cry uncontrollably. It's often in the shower when I have no phone or object to hold my attention, or in the car for the same reasons. When the mental barrage of insults are free to pour out. I cry so hard I can barely breathe, until I finally pull in a shuddering breath.

Maybe it's the fact we try so hard, every day, to seem normal to other people. We expend so much energy and effort to hold our emotions in check. When you can no longer hold it back, it feels… good??

At any point I could stop, it's not hard to stop crying. But it's… pleasurable? Relieving? I don't even know what word to put on it, other than that it feels seductive. On those days, I want to use my pain as a blanket, crawl into it, and hide from the world.

I think the hardest part about these breakdowns is that it's something that I DO have control over, yet choose not to control. It's all in our mind. We know we should snap out of it and make an effort to recover, but it feels… wrong. It feels much nicer to sink lower and lower into the hole. Into the pit of despair. There were days where I literally did and said nothing all day, just kind of sat there, numb and tired.

Once you're deep enough in that pit, it feels incredibly hard to claw and climb back out. But in reality, our own mind is that pit. The walls are only getting higher because we think they are. Because we don't want to climb out just yet. Because the pain feels seductive. In fact, maybe it isn't even a pit at all, more like a shallow………… Depression.

Huh.

If you don't ctb, I could definitely see you could have a future as a writer

• Love
Reactions: Kore
Kore

Kore

Nov 2, 2023
If you don't ctb, I could definitely see you could have a future as a writer
Haha thanks man. My mind feels v chaotic most of the time, writing things down feels like I can slow my thoughts down and finally turn them into something coherent

JustA_LittlePerson

JustA_LittlePerson

One person in a sea...
May 21, 2024
Lovely
Haha thanks man. My mind feels v chaotic most of the time, writing things down feels like I can slow my thoughts down and finally turn them into something coherent
Not just something coherent, something that resonated deeply with me, and with lots of people here too. These poems always give me shivers.

• Love
kyhoti

kyhoti

May 27, 2024
I feel this. I have this metal drum in my imagination where I stuff my nasty thoughts, which can take a lot, but when it blows, the kickback is wicked bad.

Oddly, the crying-so-hard-I-choke thing is scientifically shown to make a person (me included) feel better. The different neurotransmitters & hormones released by the physical act of crying are crazy. If you want to go down that rabbit hole, be warned: it's deep.

It's the same, but different (lol) with physical pain. It's why nail biters chew, why cutters slice, and exercise junkies binge. It's why I punch myself so hard I've been on verge of losing consciousness. It's an extreme version of self-soothing, in the form of non-lethal self-harm. Freaking wild stuff when you look at research.

I wish you peace as you surf the stormy ocean.

• Love
Reactions: Kore and divinemistress36
Kore

Kore

Nov 2, 2023
Lovely

Not just something coherent, something that resonated deeply with me, and with lots of people here too. These poems always give me shivers.

Hey I'm really glad you were able to relate. It's funny how the weight of the burden can shift when you feel less alone, even though that does nothing to tackle the burden itself. And I love that you referred to my stray thoughts as a poem 😊

Stay well

• Love
Reactions: JustA_LittlePerson
Kore

Kore

Nov 2, 2023
I feel this. I have this metal drum in my imagination where I stuff my nasty thoughts, which can take a lot, but when it blows, the kickback is wicked bad.

Oddly, the crying-so-hard-I-choke thing is scientifically shown to make a person (me included) feel better. The different neurotransmitters & hormones released by the physical act of crying are crazy. If you want to go down that rabbit hole, be warned: it's deep.

It's the same, but different (lol) with physical pain. It's why nail biters chew, why cutters slice, and exercise junkies binge. It's why I punch myself so hard I've been on verge of losing consciousness. It's an extreme version of self-soothing, in the form of non-lethal self-harm. Freaking wild stuff when you look at research.

I wish you peace as you surf the stormy ocean.
That's interesting, and kinda makes sense in a weird way - crying and depressive feelings in general are definitely painful, just in a different way.

I will take your warning and not head off down the hole, for now. Writing down my thoughts/ramblings/feelings helped solidify them, then you helped to validate them by letting me know at least part of it really is a thing. Ty for sharing

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024

Pause
"You're pathetic."
Shorter pause
"You're weak."
Even shorter pause
"You're ugly."
"You're a loser."
"They laugh at you."
"Give up."

Huh.

Well I'm surprised this isn't in Recovery... Then again they're people with high-functioning depression. That's never portained to me so I haven't delved into that line of mentality as far as research goes.
How many days out of the week do you have "these days"?

Also, I can't stand not having a background to my thoughts, where you mentioned you get sucked into them like in the shower? That's why I specifically have shower playlists and a waterproof speak.

Kore

Kore

Nov 2, 2023
Well I'm surprised this isn't in Recovery... Then again they're people with high-functioning depression. That's never portained to me so I haven't delved into that line of mentality as far as research goes.
How many days out of the week do you have "these days"?

Also, I can't stand not having a background to my thoughts, where you mentioned you get sucked into them like in the shower? That's why I specifically have shower playlists and a waterproof speak.

My family, what's left of them at least, are the only reason I haven't ctb. Idk how to deal with the guilt and shame of breaking them, so for now, I'm still here. While I'm still here, I have been trying to 'recover', to try and make the days more bearable, yet no matter how many days or weeks or months pass, I still find myself coming back to sasu, browsing methods and thinking about the day I ctb. So I guess that's why I posted here instead of Recovery.

It comes and goes in waves. Usually when I hit the bottom I tend to just go numb and lose motivation or colour for a while, until it slowly rises to a time when I can laugh at a joke or enjoy an activity. All it seems to take is a stray memory, a bad dream, or generally just looking in the mirror again for 'those days' to start happening again. I've figured out that it takes approx 12 minutes for me to look like I haven't been crying. So when I can't hold it in at work, I'm able to run to the bathroom and breakdown, and when it's over I wait for about 12 minutes before I head back out. Nobody has seemed to notice for a couple years now.

I also got a waterproof speaker now, it definitely helps, though there's days when even music feels dry and grey too. Sometimes I'll put YT on my phone on the side so I can stay visually focused on something too.

I recently got into fishing, never thought I'd have the patience for it. But I was surprised… there's a lot of waiting involved, and I thought being sat with nothing to do would be hard, but sat staring at the water, focused on the fishing bobber… realised I can sit there for hours and my thoughts seem to turn off. So I've been doing a lot of fishing lately. Don't catch much, just sit there and stare at the water and enjoy some time without thinking about shit. Would recommend giving it a go tbh

• Informative
Reactions: DefinitelyReady