burner4242

burner4242

May 5, 2024
I had my knives and blades confiscated yesterday. I recognized I needed help and I panicked and told someone they could keep them until I no longer have the urges to cut. I've been regretting it ever since and been desperate to cut all night to the point I've been physically ill. The amount of effort it takes to not order new knives or buy new blades is insane. I think I fucked up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, fleetingnight, rozeske and 1 other person
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
That must be so rough! I'm sorry! Behavioral addictions and unhealthy coping mechanisms can be a bitch (coming from an alcoholic). I know this sounds lame but try to keep yourself busy. Do something that engages your mind/body to get yourself off of just sitting and thinking about SH.

I'm not an expert in SH recovery but you might want to try the Recovery forum here. I'm sure there are people/threads that could give you advice.

It's hard. I know. Don't beat yourself up. Take it one moment at a time. You can do this. 🫂

• Love
Reactions: Raindancer, Praestat_Mori, rozeske and 4 others
burner4242

burner4242

May 5, 2024
That must be so rough! I'm sorry! Behavioral addictions and unhealthy coping mechanisms can be a bitch (coming from an alcoholic). I know this sounds lame but try to keep yourself busy. Do something that engages your mind/body to get yourself off of just sitting and thinking about SH.

I'm not an expert in SH recovery but you might want to try the Recovery forum here. I'm sure there are people/threads that could give you advice.

It's hard. I know. Don't beat yourself up. Take it one moment at a time. You can do this. 🫂
Thank you I'm trying for them they mean a lot to me and they care a lot about me I still want to cut but I've been holding back from buying more razors

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, rozeske, Forveleth and 1 other person
Coconut blue

Coconut blue

Student
May 13, 2024
No you didn't! I think what you did to take a step towards recovery was really courageous. i second what the user above wrote about using recovery resources and tapping into your support network. It's hard to walk out of this alone, and I'm sorry about what you had to go through. i hope you stay strong and that things get better soon

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Raindancer, Praestat_Mori, fleetingnight and 4 others
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
You've done very well. I am a culinary professional and I've given all my knives away a few times <3

Reaching out for help is a very strong thing to do, and you've done so voluntarily. Making the world proud.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forveleth, rozeske and 1 other person
G

GlacialScythe

Mar 2, 2024
I used to cut myself a lot when I was in high school, what I did was instead of cutting myself, if I felt the need to, I would put on a piece of music that drove some form of emotion in me, and I would close my eyes and listen to it.

I started to want to cut myself recently, so I switched playlists to ultrakill's later 7 soundtrack. The amount of emotions I can feel in the music helps me suppress the want to cut myself.

Hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forveleth, rozeske and 1 other person
burner4242

burner4242

May 5, 2024
No you didn't! I think what you did to take a step towards recovery was really courageous. i second what the user above wrote about using recovery resources and tapping into your support network. It's hard to walk out of this alone, and I'm sorry about what you had to go through. i hope you stay strong and that things get better soon
Thank you
I used to cut myself a lot when I was in high school, what I did was instead of cutting myself, if I felt the need to, I would put on a piece of music that drove some form of emotion in me, and I would close my eyes and listen to it.

I started to want to cut myself recently, so I switched playlists to ultrakill's later 7 soundtrack. The amount of emotions I can feel in the music helps me suppress the want to cut myself.

Hope this helps.
I've been blaring music since giving them up to block out the thoughts I'm trying so hard
You've done very well. I am a culinary professional and I've given all my knives away a few times <3

Reaching out for help is a very strong thing to do, and you've done so voluntarily. Making the world proud.
Thank you I hope when he decides to let me have them back I am actually strong enough to not use them on myself again

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Forveleth
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Probably a good thing. Even 10 years after stopping I still have nasty scars from cutting.

Cutting is one of the worst things to do, it leaves an horrific mess on the body that last a life time.

For me, I don't believe nonsense like people say they are war wounds or show I'm a fighter. They just look nasty and people look at them in disgust, as they rightly should.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Sylveon, fleetingnight and 4 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
@UKscotty

It's been years since I cut myself, but I refuse to hide my scars. If people think I'm disgusting to look at they are probably one of the lucky ones who never ever felt so low as to hurt themselves.

I would never recommend, but your comment isn't helping for the ones that still and maybe forever will feel like half human.

• Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, Praestat_Mori, Sylveon and 3 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Have you ever tried to ice cube trick? Squeezing an ice cube in your hand or holding it against your wrist. It's temporarily painful, and helps me when I wanna quit.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Praestat_Mori and divinemistress36
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
@UKscotty

It's been years since I cut myself, but I refuse to hide my scars. If people think I'm disgusting to look at they are probably one of the lucky ones who never ever felt so low as to hurt themselves.

I would never recommend, but your comment isn't helping for the ones that still and maybe forever will feel like half human.
I'm just sharing my experiences and reality. I spent years self harming and have been free of it for 10 years yet I still pay the price.

I would encourage anyone doing it to do anything they can to stop, there are alternatives like elastic bands etc.

I wish no one self harmed, it's one of my biggest life regrets. Even tattoos couldn't improve mine much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
burner4242

burner4242

May 5, 2024
Have you ever tried to ice cube trick? Squeezing an ice cube in your hand or holding it against your wrist. It's temporarily painful, and helps me when I wanna quit.
May give a try tbh
I'm just sharing my experiences and reality. I spent years self harming and have been free of it for 10 years yet I still pay the price.

I would encourage anyone doing it to do anything they can to stop, there are alternatives like elastic bands etc.

I wish no one self harmed, it's one of my biggest life regrets. Even tattoos couldn't improve mine much.
I relapsed after close to 8 years of no cutting. Stay humble it could be you next. Really immature to say things like this on a forum full of people who self harm.

Reactions: fleetingnight