• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MeriDeath

MeriDeath

Im on the edge of reality
May 10, 2020
So I've read somewhere that there are 4 stages of hypoxia.
hypoxic hypoxia, hypemic hypoxia, stagnant hypoxia, and histotoxic hypoxia
I wish to know what kind of hypoxia we are gonna experience after ingesting SN. They all sound the same to be honest but I know with SN there's a specific one guaranteed.

I've been also doing my research lately as I want to die and not be in a vegetative state. but All sources on internet say you either die or stay a veggie. I've read tons of threads here about how people were saved the last minute but suprisingly no damage was caused to their brain. Well, how is that possible? I really need to figure this out once and for all. What is so special in SN that doesn't cause you any damage even if you are deprived of oxygen for so long?

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
There are not 4 stages of hypoxia (low oxygen in the body or part of the body); there are 4 different kinds of hypoxia.

hypoxic hypoxia - low oxygen hypoxia (inert gas, altitude sickness)
Hypemic hypoxia - low oxygen due to the blood being unable to transport oxygen (SN, CO)
Stagnant hypoxia - low oxygen due to a lack of circulation (stroke due to a blood clot, severe diabetic disease)
Histotoxic hypoxia - inability of the cells to utilize oxygen on a cellular respiration level (cyanide, H2S, DNP)

There isn't anything special about SN. People want to state it is a deadly poison but turn around and state that it is harmless. Anything that causes death by definition can cause brain damage. There is a small window before death that even if medical care is administered, brain damage can occur. People confuse the fact that many people who recover have no damage with no damage can occur. The sample size of SN cases is EXCEEDINGLY small compared to other common overdoses (ignore anyone who says 50 or 100 cases is a large sample size in the medical world).

Most people who survive carbon monoxide have no brain damage either, but that doesn't mean it does not occur (and absolutely does).

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Why do you bring up the SN sample size, @Aap? Not a rhetorical question

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
There are not 4 stages of hypoxia (low oxygen in the body or part of the body); there are 4 different kinds of hypoxia.

hypoxic hypoxia - low oxygen hypoxia (inert gas, altitude sickness)
Hypemic hypoxia - low oxygen due to the blood being unable to transport oxygen (SN, CO)
Stagnant hypoxia - low oxygen due to a lack of circulation (stroke due to a blood clot, severe diabetic disease)
Histotoxic hypoxia - inability of the cells to utilize oxygen on a cellular respiration level (cyanide, H2S, DNP)

There isn't anything special about SN. People want to state it is a deadly poison but turn around and state that it is harmless. Anything that causes death by definition can cause brain damage. There is a small window before death that even if medical care is administered, brain damage can occur. People confuse the fact that many people who recover have no damage with no damage can occur. The sample size of SN cases is EXCEEDINGLY small compared to other common overdoses (ignore anyone who says 50 or 100 cases is a large sample size in the medical world).

Most people who survive carbon monoxide have no brain damage either, but that doesn't mean it does not occur (and absolutely does).
I so agree with everything here.

In addition to a small sample size, the data collected so far are inconsistent and, in the medical field, we would write - the small sample size precludes interpretation of these results - meaning, there is no way to project an outcome due to the small number of patients.

While there are anecdotal reports of SN ingestion, so much is still unknown: formulation varies depending on supplier, time-to-onset, BMI (and height and weight), gender, age, specific methods used, concurrent medications, medical history, all side effects, etc.

In essence there are no controlled trials (nor could there be because of current ethics) where all of these potentially confounding factors could be accounted for.

I cannot speak to hypoxia - but anything that deprives the brain of oxygen, if you survive, has the potential to cause severe problems (from one who has had many injuries to the brain.)

<3

On edit: I think it is also important to note that even when clinical trials are conducted prior to approval of a medication, patients enrolled must meet inclusion/exclusion criteria to participate in the study in an attempt to control for potentially confounding factors based on medical knowledge with respect to the drug under study. To put it in easier terms - controlled studies are pretty much conducted in a bubble where multiple factors are accounted for to ensure safety. But, the effectiveness of a med is typically highly dependent on statistical analyses (at least when it comes to efficacy and safety signals).. Because of this, when a medication is approved and hits the open market there are still unknown conditions that can impact the known effect/safety of a medication. So even with medications that are approved, there are so very many factors that may not be controlled for, and ultimately, this med can still irreversibly harm someone. The data I have seen to date with SN comes no where near as close to these types of analyses. (And yet, I still intend to try this as my first choice.)

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
There are a few, incorrect, extremes on the forum from "SN is the most awful, painful way to go" to "SN is absolutely peaceful and never has nor never could result in any long term issues."

The same thing is seen with opioid overdoses with statements along the line of "don't try it once or you will be addicted" to "never use opioids, as they cause brain damage." My point is that many who say opioids pose a significant risk of brain damage are the same that say SN is "safe."

there are hundreds of thousands of opioid overdoses annually, and the vast majority of those who survive are fine, though some absolutely can have long term issues.

comparing tens or hundreds of thousands of opioid overdoses to 50 or 100 SN overdoses is what I mean by a small sample size. Most who survive SN don't seem to have long term issues, but to state that there is no chance (or even less of a chance compared to some other methods) is simply not correct.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
@Aap said "The same thing is seen with opioid overdoses with statements along the line of "don't try it once or you will be addicted" to "never use opioids, as they cause brain damage."

This drives me crazy no end. So many need acute pain relief. And yet because of politics/insurance companies/the "opioid crisis" in the US - which has not (IMO) been adequately studied, and not to mention the fricking lemming effect .. people are suffering.

I hurt my wrist awhile back, and the pain was/is excruciating. I finally caved and went to an urgent care just prior to Thanksgiving. No matter how many times I told the doctor that naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen/paracetamol were not helping and it would take weeks to get an appointment with an orthopod, the doc said, "Take Tacetaminophen, if not better within 2 days go to the ER, and follow up with your GP."

O.O

I just had a convo today when they called me to see how I was doing. When I told her about my experience, and that I am still in pain but have given up on getting help, the nurse actually told me (against their doctor's advice), to skip the ER, not go to my general practitioner, but head straight to an orthopod. She even went over and above board, giving me her private number so that she could call the orthopod for me to make sure I could get in within the next couple of days. I was shocked. (She understood - her daughter is in chronic pain and is suffering.)

What a beautiful person.

I have been off and on pain meds for acute pain since I was 2 (now pretty old). I have never been addicted to them. I actually don't like them much because of the side effects but will take them when needed and nothing else works.

Apologies OP - bit of a side track there.

constant_grief

constant_grief

Nov 25, 2020
You cannot completely 100% "figure out" any method. There is always going to be some risk of survival and serious damage.