• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
Might sound like a silly question, but.... I need to know. I already chose the spot, where I want to CTB. Its a very well hidden peaceful spot in a natural surrounding (but can be located with my notes), a place where - of course - also flies and insects are. I suppose I will be found 8-10 hours after, so I need something to keep the flies away for that time. Is there something you know about? And yes, I know about the decomposition process and how long it takes.

All I found was stuff like this:

Iam trying to find stuff, that keeps them away, Iam not looking for killer-methods like these lanterns. If you know something efficient, please let me know. :)

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
It depends on your method, as it won't work for hanging, but something like a cadaver / body bag. Amazon sell them.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I get this is personally important to you, but the truth is - and if we don't have truth we really don't have anything, do we? - but the truth of the matter is even if you come up with something to "protect" your remains, it's only a very temporary solution at best. If you get placed in the ground, embalmed or not, your body will decompose and become "food" for all types of organisms, including maggots, precursors of flies. It's the circle of life and it's what life requires. Further truth is that from the moment you're conceived and eventually born, your "ultimate" purpose in life has already been dictated and that, eventually, you will become food to foster future life one way or another. Even if you're body is cremated, your ashes will make their way back into the earth, someday, one way or another, and provide nutrients to other life. There's just no getting around it - that life's only real purpose is to sustain and foster future life - and that is the true meaning of life.

Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
Thanks for the answers! Method is a liquid "poison", no hanging, no cutting, no bleeding.
A net won't work sadly. Best option would be some kind of smell/aroma, that keeps them away for 8-10 hours.

I get this is personally important to you, but the truth is - and if we don't have truth we really don't have anything, do we? - but the truth of the matter is even if you come up with something to "protect" your remains, it's only a very temporary solution at best. If you get placed in the ground, embalmed or not, your body will decompose and become "food" for all types of organisms, including maggots, precursors of flies. It's the circle of life and it's what life requires. Further truth is that from the moment you're conceived and eventually born, your "ultimate" purpose in life has already been dictated and that, eventually, you will become food to foster future life one way or another. Even if you're body is cremated, your ashes will make their way back into the earth, someday, one way or another, and provide nutrients to other life. There's just no getting around it - that life's only real purpose is to sustain and foster future life - and that is the true meaning of life.

Uhm... As I said, its necessary for 8-10 hours. I don't want to be mummified like the ancient egyptians. :P
Of course I know that decomposition is part of the lifecircle. There seems to be a huge misunderstanding. ^^

to fall to winter

to fall to winter

tired
Sep 10, 2023
If you're looking for scents, avoid flowery and fruity ones, they like those the most. Basil, lavender, cinnamon, and a lot other things I'm sure you can find by searching are unpleasant to them and are probably your best bets for repelling them.

Reactions: Alessa
C

cranberrys

Dec 15, 2023
If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to keep them away? Does it have something to do with them grossing you out? I'm not judging, just genuinely curious. I personally find the decomposition process to be fascinating

Reactions: divinemistress36
returntothevoid

returntothevoid

curiosity kills
Jul 20, 2023
You could probably try getting in a big trash bag and duct taping yourself in. Though if this is to prevent shock of the person who finds your body, know that you will still decompose without the flies, and if anything it might just shock them more with revealing what's in the bag and the sudden smell that will eminate when they open it. It might just be better to let your body remain in the open.

• Wow
Reactions: Alessa and Relic
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
Whelp, this is actually my wheelhouse given my profession.

Short of a mosquito net, there is no way to keep things away from you if you die outdoors in nature. Even still, you will be exposed to bacteria and things that will accelerate decomposition.

Honestly, if you are found within 8 to 10 hours? You have nothing to worry about. You'll be put into a cooler in the morgue until they get around to an autopsy. Then you'll be put into a cooler in a funeral home until your family makes plans for your final disposition.

Both of those coolers, at the coroner and the funeral home, are low enough temp that nothing is going to grow or hatch.

If your family decides on a viewing and you are embalmed, we have plenty of ways of ensuring that nothing creepy crawly happens. :P

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Insect repellents like DEET (diethyl toluamide), or dibutyl phthalate might work. You can get them anywhere that sells stuff to people who go into the outdoors where mosquitoes, blackfly etc. are a problem. They don't work against all kinds of insects (e.g. horseflies, which hunt by sight, not by smell), but they work against many. After being applied, they last for a few hours.

Reactions: Alessa
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Maybe you could ua tent and do it in there. I don't think any mosquito repellent or something is going to keep them away when there is a dead body laying there.

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
Thanks for the answers! Method is a liquid "poison", no hanging, no cutting, no bleeding.
A net won't work sadly. Best option would be some kind of smell/aroma, that keeps them away for 8-10 hours.

Uhm... As I said, its necessary for 8-10 hours. I don't want to be mummified like the ancient egyptians. :P
Of course I know that decomposition is part of the lifecircle. There seems to be a huge misunderstanding. ^^

Which poison is this?

Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
Ah! "Scent" was the word I was looking for. Sorry, my english vocabulary lacks words often.

Some really helpful answers there, thank you! :)
Some might have not understood, that it is NOT about the decomposition process, but that's fine, since my question was a different one.

I also read about lavendel and stuff. I will try and find out. I will also test the thingy from amazon I posted in my first post, And that DEET might also be the right thing, unless it doesn't stink. Does it keep all kind of flying insects away? Also those who don't do any harm, except for being tedious? The thing is: It's a place and moment I don't want to be interrupted and annoyed by waving flying insects away, so actually... it even needs to work for only two hours, not 8-10 tbh.