K

King Ashoka

Nov 19, 2023
People are asking me why do i want to die. I have no answer. I just don't want to live anymore.

How do you justify suicide ??

Reactions: Vorty30, Lifeis_Jouissance70 and tiger b
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand why suicide would even need to be justified in the first place, we all have our right to die and nobody is obligated to continue existing here.

• Love
Reactions: Vorty30, Lifeis_Jouissance70, King Ashoka and 2 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I don't justify it.

Justifying inevitably means convincing and convincing is usually a waste of time. People will go to Hell and back to defend their own opinions.

I could probably stumble over weariness, medical condition, and the peace of death vs the disorder of life. But the handful of people I really care about wouldn't require an explanation as they'd know I thought it through.

Of course I am probably in a much different situation than you.

Reactions: King Ashoka, BetterInTheory and Deleted member 65988
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
You don't need to justify anything. There's nothing wrong with wanting to ctb just because you don't want to live anymore. You don't need to have some big story or whatever to justify it. Plenty of people want to commit suicide simply because they don't like being alive and that's it.

Reactions: King Ashoka, BetterInTheory, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
B

BetterInTheory

Jun 22, 2023
I don't think there's any justification needed. Unless you have children who are dependent on you. In that case, you don't get to opt out after bringing life into this world. That's fucked up.
I also have no real reason to ctb. Nothing "bad" has happened to me, no traumas, no triggering point... I simply do not wish to be alive. That's reason enough.

Reactions: tiger b, King Ashoka, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

I don't think there's any justification needed. Unless you have children who are dependent on you. In that case, you don't get to opt out after bringing life into this world. That's fucked up.
I also have no real reason to ctb. Nothing "bad" has happened to me, no traumas, no triggering point... I simply do not wish to be alive. That's reason enough.
Same here, I simply no longer wish to be subject to the potential for misery and pain in life.

Reactions: tiger b, King Ashoka and BetterInTheory
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There's no use justifying it to others. We all know why we're suicidal and, no matter what reason you give, it'll never be enough

Reactions: tiger b, King Ashoka, SoulofSteel and 1 other person
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
It's crazy how brainwashed people are. You must stay alive at all costs no matter how shitty life gets. There's always hope! There's help available! Tomorrow is a new day! There's no use discussing it. You can't win, and you're greatly outnumbered. That's why planning and actually going through with ctb can be very lonely. We're on our own.

Reactions: BetterInTheory, tiger b, ApathyToLife and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Who is it that's asking you to justify it? I'd say the statement itself relies on a couple of things. One- that it's a wrong thing to do. (We don't need to justify doing things that are right.) So- then- you have to ask- why do they think it's wrong and- do you agree with them? I doubt it's something you'll be able to change their minds over to be honest. I expect the main reason they don't support it is because it will hurt them so- then it becomes- 'Can you justify hurting me?' I suspect most people's answers would be- 'Because I can't cope with the amount of pain I'm in. To really empathise with that- you'd see that death would be a kind release for me.'

The second thing I think is maybe this underlying belief of theirs that you don't actually want to die. You just want to live under different circumstances. If it's a therapist asking you, or someone that cares about you- I imagine they are trying to locate the things in your life that need 'fixing' so that you are no longer so unhappy that you want to die. Again, I doubt that they'll accept that things are unfixable. They seem to think life is compulsory, so, they never run out of options and platitudes.

It's questionable over whether you'll ever be able to convince others but if it's yourself you are having to justify it to- then I guess you need to ask yourself why. Why do you think it's a wrong thing to do? Maybe it has links to religion? The first time I had suicidal thoughts- aged 10, they frightened me. Because I'd been taught that suicide was wrong and suicides go to hell. It didn't actually take me that long to come to the conclusion that these were other people's beliefs- not mine.

Or- maybe you do actually think there are other options for you. If you are needing to justify suicide to yourself- then- maybe you see it as the less than ideal option. Then, it comes down to whether you can fix your life or whether you can accept what damage suicide could potentially do to loved ones. Again- this is something I personally can't do at the moment. I can't justify suicide to myself at the moment because of how much I think it would hurt my Dad. Really- it depends on your own circumstances.

• Love
Reactions: BetterInTheory, Abandoned Character and King Ashoka
D

Deleted member 65988

It's crazy how brainwashed people are. You must stay alive at all costs no matter how shitty life gets. There's always hope! There's help available! Tomorrow is a new day! There's no use discussing it. You can't win, and you're greatly outnumbered. That's why planning and actually going through with ctb can be very lonely. We're on our own.
Yeah, that's all very true.

Reactions: King Ashoka
K

King Ashoka

Nov 19, 2023
I don't understand why suicide would even need to be justified in the first place, we all have our right to die and nobody is obligated to continue existing here.
Childhood upbringing in religious family cause inner voice to rise up automatically. Somehow we accept these inner voice to be true.
I don't justify it.

Justifying inevitably means convincing and convincing is usually a waste of time. People will go to Hell and back to defend their own opinions.

I could probably stumble over weariness, medical condition, and the peace of death vs the disorder of life. But the handful of people I really care about wouldn't require an explanation as they'd know I thought it through.

Of course I am probably in a much different situation than you.
I wish i have family who understands this. My mom makes me swear to her that i will not die before her. WTF.
For sure, i am not married and do not have any children. But once i talk to a parent who wanted to suicide for financial reasons. I told him to not kill himself because you have kids. He asked me who am i to judge the eligibility to right to die.

If right to die is made fundamental human right then everyone have it.

How can i judge the pain of someone. Irrespective of having kids or not.
Same here, I simply no longer wish to be subject to the potential for misery and pain in life.
Oh yeah, "the potential of life" to make life hell is toooo much. I am just one misfortune away from total misery.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65988

Oh yeah, "the potential of life" to make life hell is toooo much. I am just one misfortune away from total misery.
Aren't we all?
One bad thing could happen that would change life in the worst ways and there's a plethora of ways that could happen. Why do we even need a justification to anyone else that we want to ctb.

Reactions: King Ashoka
K

King Ashoka

Nov 19, 2023
Who is it that's asking you to justify it? I'd say the statement itself relies on a couple of things. One- that it's a wrong thing to do. (We don't need to justify doing things that are right.) So- then- you have to ask- why do they think it's wrong and- do you agree with them? I doubt it's something you'll be able to change their minds over to be honest. I expect the main reason they don't support it is because it will hurt them so- then it becomes- 'Can you justify hurting me?' I suspect most people's answers would be- 'Because I can't cope with the amount of pain I'm in. To really empathise with that- you'd see that death would be a kind release for me.'

The second thing I think is maybe this underlying belief of theirs that you don't actually want to die. You just want to live under different circumstances. If it's a therapist asking you, or someone that cares about you- I imagine they are trying to locate the things in your life that need 'fixing' so that you are no longer so unhappy that you want to die. Again, I doubt that they'll accept that things are unfixable. They seem to think life is compulsory, so, they never run out of options and platitudes.

It's questionable over whether you'll ever be able to convince others but if it's yourself you are having to justify it to- then I guess you need to ask yourself why. Why do you think it's a wrong thing to do? Maybe it has links to religion? The first time I had suicidal thoughts- aged 10, they frightened me. Because I'd been taught that suicide was wrong and suicides go to hell. It didn't actually take me that long to come to the conclusion that these were other people's beliefs- not mine.

Or- maybe you do actually think there are other options for you. If you are needing to justify suicide to yourself- then- maybe you see it as the less than ideal option. Then, it comes down to whether you can fix your life or whether you can accept what damage suicide could potentially do to loved ones. Again- this is something I personally can't do at the moment. I can't justify suicide to myself at the moment because of how much I think it would hurt my Dad. Really- it depends on your own circumstances.
Circumstances Circumstances Circumstances

Every life experience is decided by circumstances. This is true that i would happily live under different circumstances. But i can't change my current circumstances.

How much money does someone need to justify living till old age when your desires are there but no power or pleasure to achieve it.

I am just bored. Life has lost it's meaning and charm to me, since age 25. Now at 33 , i have to find out why live or why die. Both questions i can't answer.

I am intelligent enough to my own detriment.

• Love
Reactions: BetterInTheory, tiger b, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Circumstances Circumstances Circumstances

Every life experience is decided by circumstances. This is true that i would happily live under different circumstances. But i can't change my current circumstances.

How much money does someone need to justify living till old age when your desires are there but no power or pleasure to achieve it.

I am just bored. Life has lost it's meaning and charm to me, since age 25. Now at 33 , i have to find out why live or why die. Both questions i can't answer.

I am intelligent enough to my own detriment.

Yes, I completely agree with you. My motivation to want to CTB is also highly driven by finances. I struggle to make enough to survive on from a creative job. I don't want to live without being creative- doing it as a hobby isn't enough. Jobs like shop jobs just destroy our souls to the point we are too tired and too unhappy to care about being creative. (I know from 10 years experience in retail.) People tend to see money as a flimsier excuse to CTB but that could well be because they have it! Or they put value in things that don't need it maybe. I agree though- I think it is a reason a lot of people want out. I do also relate that life has lost it's charm. I find there's very little in life I even want to do now. Even the nicer things I feel reluctant about. Plus, the bad far outweighs the good. I'm personally sick of being a slave to this capitalist/consumerist system.

Reactions: King Ashoka, BetterInTheory and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

People tend to see money as a flimsier excuse to CTB but that could well be because they have it! Or they put value in things that don't need it maybe. I agree though- I think it is a reason a lot of people want out. I do also relate that life has lost it's charm. I find there's very little in life I even want to do now.
People want out from a financial perspective because money does make things better, not necessarily gonna make you happy but I'll ease the burden of the struggles in life. I agree though, there's very little in life I find reason to be charmed about, much less even interested in

I'm personally sick of being a slave to this capitalist/consumerist system.
agreed, people are always on the short end of the stick despite doing all they can to even survive.

Reactions: King Ashoka, tiger b and Forever Sleep
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
I dont think you have to justify suicide because the only person who knows how hurt you are is only you, nobody else can decide that, only you are the one who deserve to decided your fate. But, if there's someone you care or someone that has been nice to you, i do think you should gave them some note about your sucidality and thank them for making your world better.

• Love
Reactions: King Ashoka and Vorty30