chopinkms

chopinkms

i'm not alone anymore
Mar 25, 2020
I'm on a trip to France with my step-family (playing safe to the COVID-19 rules don't worry hehe, although contracting COVID-19 on purpose and dying without my family knowing it was a suicide is an interesting yet insensitive idea)

yesterday I got the chance to climb (take a lift) up the Eiffel Tower and WHOA...
not to romanticise the behaviour or actions, but jumping has always been an appealing method to me (I know the precautions), however I've never really considered the Eiffel Tower as my location until that moment.

It was so, so, so beautiful and, to be frank, quite romantic - the view was indescribable!

if I ever find somebody likeminded that I fall in love with yet still feel the constant pain from my mental health, a double suicide from the Eiffel Tower sounds so magnificent and tempting

it's also 984ft from the top and a lethal fall is 30ft (by memory) so it seems quite reliable, only issue is if the top has the same fencing as the second level, but that did look climbable.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Sinai Silence, RicRac and 12 others
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
I've never been to Paris or the Eiffel tower but I'm sure the view was as beautiful as you described. If I had the money, I'd definitely ctb at a beautiful place like a tropical beach in Hawaii, just imagining the sound of the waves as I die puts my SI to sleep lol

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, chopinkms, Lorntroubles and 1 other person
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i had a similar feeling earlier today, but i wasn't traveling internationally anything like that. i was walking on a bridge in a city about 15 minutes away from my hometown, and i loved the view so much, i contemplated jumping from there. it was just... ocean as far as the eye could see (and a fair amount of boats too). it was rainy today, so i'm wondering what the view would be like if it were sunny or during the nighttime (or even better - empty). i at least want to have some peaceful scenery before i ctb.

Reactions: chopinkms
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I envy you. Always wanted to visit France. Sad I'll never do it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: chopinkms, RicRac, KleinerWolf and 3 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Did you take any pictures from the top? Would love to see the view.

• Hugs
Reactions: chopinkms, Lorntroubles, RicRac and 1 other person
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I've never been to Paris or the Eiffel tower but I'm sure the view was as beautiful as you described. If I had the money, I'd definitely ctb at a beautiful place like a tropical beach in Hawaii, just imagining the sound of the waves as I die puts my SI to sleep lol
There are many youtube videos with ambience sounds and very relaxing images. It's not the same but at least they give you some comfort.

Reactions: _Minsk
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It does seem like quite a romantic beautiful image to look out over a great hight or vast landscape, and the amazing site be the last image before eternal rest. I envy those of you that are stronger than survival instinct and can take such certain yet frightening path.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I haven't been to France before in my life, and wow, I'm glad you are able to have a good trip there. As for 30 ft being a lethal fall, I don't think that is a sufficient height to CTB because according to lostallhope's website, it states that 150 ft is approximately the minimum height (if landing on concrete or something solid) and 250 ft (if over a body of water), to ensure success.

Reactions: Emily_Numb and chopinkms
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Paris is my second favorite city in the world, behind Prague. I've been to the Eiffel Tower twice and I absolutely love it. I don't think I could ever think of jumping off of it. I just enjoy admiring the beauty of Paris from the top. I marvel in the human ingenuity and engineering that created it. I don't think I could ever do it there. Apparently jumping off the tower is the third most popular suicide method in France.

• Love
Reactions: chopinkms and homebound
homebound

homebound

fallen angel
Jan 19, 2020
I have never been to France (I was suppose to study abroad there this semester :/) but I am absolutely in love with the country and the language/culture. I think if I live long enough to go to France, I would love for jumping from the Eiffel Tower to be my method.

• Hugs
RicRac

RicRac

Aug 15, 2020
I'm living at about 20 mn walk away from the Eiffel tower, glad you liked it, it is one of my favorite place in Paris. I wish i could have someone left in my life to share moments in that city. The Eiffel tower is under hard surveillance because of the jumpings, very hard to get there without being noticed.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I would love for jumping from the Eiffel Tower to be my method.
There are always so many people around. I feel like you would traumatize several innocent bystanders.
I'm living at about 20 mn walk away from the Eiffel tower
I'm so jealous. Need a roommate?

• Hugs
Reactions: chopinkms and RicRac
LookingOverTheEdge

LookingOverTheEdge

Hello Darkness my old friend
Jul 13, 2020
I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that six people have survived that jump in history. The ones that don't tend to leave a crater roughly six feet deep. Just some random facts for you!

chopinkms

chopinkms

i'm not alone anymore
Mar 25, 2020
i at least want to have some peaceful scenery before i ctb.
Precisely. This is what fascinates me about us as human beings - especially those with these certain thoughts; it's almost like a thought process, an "everything is so terrible" sort of thing, but seeing such beautiful precious scenery that accompanies a potential method is almost like a reminder that there are some good fleeting moments and things to see. It's a bittersweet indulgence to me :")
I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that six people have survived that jump in history. The ones that don't tend to leave a crater roughly six feet deep. Just some random facts for you!
ah yes yes! I did see articles like this when I was reviewing 'locations', there's also the fact that it would be bothersome and traumatising to bystanders because, despite the virus, there were still many people visiting :( thank you very much for the information though, you're incredible <3
I wish i could have someone left in my life to share moments in that city. The Eiffel tower is under hard surveillance because of the jumpings, very hard to get there without being noticed.
something about your comment left me feeling very melancholic and lonely, I really hope you're doing well this week - but yes I'd imagine it is under tough surveillance - of course. Thank you, and I hope you can enjoy the wonderful scenery despite your sufferings, I love you <3
I haven't been to France before in my life, and wow, I'm glad you are able to have a good trip there. As for 30 ft being a lethal fall, I don't think that is a sufficient height to CTB because according to lostallhope's website, it states that 150 ft is approximately the minimum height (if landing on concrete or something solid) and 250 ft (if over a body of water), to ensure success.
thank you!!! I couldn't agree more; I definitely believe that 150ft is more realistic for a minimum height lethal fall with the appropriate landing, thank you once again I hope your week is going alright, stay safe <3

Last edited:
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
There is an awful lot of protection in place at the Eiffel Tower to the point there are only around 4 successful suicides a year from there. The first floor is certainly not enough to die from and all the stairs now have protective grids in them.

To go from the top, jumping from that sort of height would result in human soup And the impact it would have in terms of trauma for the thousands of tourists that would be around is in my opinion, beyond selfish. By all means if someone's wants to jump, but don't put other people's likes at risk in the process. There is nothing romantic about becoming pavement pizza.

Reactions: _Minsk and chopinkms
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
the eiffel tower wont work, too much security not to mention the nets that you will impact. your bones will get shattered but you'll live. its cruel but thats the reality.

Reactions: Emily_Numb and chopinkms
chopinkms

chopinkms

i'm not alone anymore
Mar 25, 2020
And the impact it would have in terms of trauma for the thousands of tourists that would be around is in my opinion, beyond selfish. By all means if someone's wants to jump, but don't put other people's likes at risk in the process. There is nothing romantic about becoming pavement pizza.
this is exactly why it's not my location/method. It was more of a 'sentimental possibility', I'm sure you understood this. I personally wouldn't want to have a death that would bother and traumatise people, so of course popular tourist attractions are off the ideas list :"). I thank you sincerely for the pointers though <3

Reactions: Emily_Numb
RicRac

RicRac

Aug 15, 2020
There is an awful lot of protection in place at the Eiffel Tower to the point there are only around 4 successful suicides a year from there.

Since the attacks in Paris, security around there is crazy high level.

something about your comment left me feeling very melancholic and lonely, I really hope you're doing well this week - but yes I'd imagine it is under tough surveillance - of course. Thank you, and I hope you can enjoy the wonderful scenery despite your sufferings, I love you <3

Thanks for your kind words, i don't feel so well these times but i'm used to it. Stay safe, i love you too <3

• Hugs
Reactions: chopinkms and Emily_Numb
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If I had the money, I'd definitely ctb at a beautiful place like a tropical beach in Hawaii, just imagining the sound of the waves as I die puts my SI to sleep lol
I would love to ctb on a beach too. N on a beach = perfect.

• Love
Reactions: InterstateFlowers and chopinkms