P

pls.deleteallmypost

Mar 24, 2021
If anyone is interested, it´s on netflix.
I LOVED the end, I loved seeing the world end, killing almost every f¨cking human being. I don't think humanity deserves anything else. I know this isn't a great analysis of the movie but I just wanted to express how much I enjoyed watching one of my utopical fantasies so well recreated in a movie.

Reactions: AtMostOkay, Silenos, deleted and 7 others
Geturdone

Geturdone

Getting old ain't for sissies
Dec 9, 2021
I watched it myself and thought it could actually be a documentary about our current government, political system and society.

I laughed and laughed and laughed until finally I was left feeling depressed. I'd give the movie 5 stars and a thumbs up lol.

Reactions: AtMostOkay, Silenos, odradek and 4 others
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
I'm gonna download it for the ending as well.

Reactions: pls.deleteallmypost
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
lol I want to watch it now, just to see that ending.

W

WilNord

Student
Dec 17, 2021
I just looked up "Dont Look Up end" on youtube and saw the video, I have to say it's really bad, it's reminds me of "The Amazing Bulk chase scene" where the director decides to throw in a bunch of clips together that have nothing to do with the movie. I know why the director added random footage of deers, bees, whales while the asteroid explodes but it doesnt look good, I should have just added the main characters talking on the table then it cuts to the asteroid being visible in space destroying the planet or something. A good example of a apocolyptic scene is "Knowing" with the solar flare, while a solar flare would never be able to do that it still looks pretty good

Last edited:
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Watched it. Something poped out of it. When they explained to autorities about the disaster, it end up like "They are so stupid, they can't even be evil." Have tought about it before, still can't find the difference between stupid and evil, cause the results are all the same. And i;m still amazed there are people who watched it and never catched the "trust in science" and what "don't look up" actually means, cosidering the last 2 years.

Reactions: AtMostOkay, LastFlowers and gabbro1328
O

orangemushroom

Nov 22, 2019
I just looked up "Dont Look Up end" on youtube and saw the video, I have to say it's really bad, it's reminds me of "The Amazing Bulk chase scene" where the director decides to throw in a bunch of clips together that have nothing to do with the movie. I know why the director added random footage of deers, bees, whales while the asteroid explodes but it doesnt look good, I should have just added the main characters talking on the table then it cuts to the asteroid being visible in space destroying the planet or something. A good example of a apocolyptic scene is "At Earth's End" with the solar flare, while a solar flare would never be able to do that it still looks pretty good
I agree. The message behind the movie is good and all but it was 2h 30 or so I'd never get back, easily the worst movie I've watched all year. Would rather watch paint dry.

W

WilNord

Student
Dec 17, 2021
I agree. The message behind the movie is good and all but it was 2h 30 or so I'd never get back, easily the worst movie I've watched all year. Would rather watch paint dry.
Also I can't see how a 8km sized comet, the one discussed in the movie, that hits water physically kill all humans?
The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was slightly bigger than NYC, smashed on land and it didnt even kill every dinosaur, some say that if the asteroid was 30 seconds late it would hit the water and do nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: LastFlowers
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Ac
Also I can't see how a 8km sized comet, the one discussed in the moving, that hits water physically kill all humans?
The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was slightly bigger than NYC, smashed on land and it didnt even kill every dinosaur, some say that if the asteroid was 30 seconds late it would hit the water and do nothing.
Actually a comment this size might just create a brand new moon and planet. Comments travel much much faster than asteroids.

Reactions: odradek
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
The movie "Don't look up" has the dramatic story narrative of "Armageddon," coupled with the comedy and social commentary of "Idiocracy" - it's quite funny. Also, it seems like the film crew told everyone that the movie was a comedy, but then told Leonardo DiCaprio that it was a drama - his performance is phenomenal.

• Love
Reactions: Silenos and odradek
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I found it lightweight but amusing.

Reactions: odradek
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I thought it was great. I think it's quite subtle and the humour can fly over some peoples head perhaps. It's not a massive big budget movie but I think thats forgivable enough. The main thing for me though is that I found catharsis in it as for me, I made a very personal parallel between the peoples ability/inclination to ignore impending doom and the treatment I've received from the healthcare system. It's enraging being intensely physically ill and being faced with disbelief because they haven't found a diagnosis and there assumed mental health problem. The absence of proof/diagnosis does not prove the absence of illness.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: odradek and pls.deleteallmypost
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
I enjoyed the movie. It is pretty biting satire, if a bit heavy-handed, but it was effective I think. Effective in it's delivery, maybe not so much it's goal. I think we're going to fly right off the cliff of climate change. At least we have this movie so future generations or aliens will see that some of us knew we were fucked.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
If anyone is interested, it´s on netflix.
I LOVED the end, I loved seeing the world end, killing almost every f¨cking human being. I don't think humanity deserves anything else. I know this isn't a great analysis of the movie but I just wanted to express how much I enjoyed watching one of my utopical fantasies so well recreated in a movie.
I think you may have spoiled it..? lol

Was it really decent? I saw the trailer and I was not impressed. Big names/shit movie..that's the word of mouth I've heard up until now.

Reactions: pls.deleteallmypost
P

pls.deleteallmypost

Mar 24, 2021
I think you may have spoiled it..? lol

Was it really decent? I saw the trailer and I was not impressed. Big names/shit movie..that's the word of mouth I've heard up until now.
I enjoyed it, made me laugh a little and the end was kind of satisfying (except the second post-credit scene, it was too stupyd). But I just consider it satisfying because my mind is fucked so I just want humanity to fucking die like in the movie. HUGS :)​

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers