boywhowasneverloved

boywhowasneverloved

Sep 18, 2024
Is it possible to die with just a razor blade by making many small cuts, and passing out by blood loss

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Seems very unlikely to me. Quite apart from the willpower required to inflict such ongoing pain over a period of time, you're going to find that the loss of blood will be fairly low (in comparison to the total amount in your system) and will tend to coagulate as you go along. Even hitting veins is no assurance of success, whilst arteries such as the Femoral or common Carotid are relatively deep and protected by muscle.
Sorry if I sound negative, however I just can't see this one being a goer.

• Love
Reactions: Anri_wants_peace
boywhowasneverloved

boywhowasneverloved

Sep 18, 2024
Seems very unlikely to me. Quite apart from the willpower required to inflict such ongoing pain over a period of time, you're going to find that the loss of blood will be fairly low (in comparison to the total amount in your system) and will tend to coagulate as you go along. Even hitting veins is no assurance of success, whilst arteries such as the Femoral or common Carotid are relatively deep and protected by muscle.
Sorry if I sound negative, however I just can't see this one being a goer.
Is it possible if I just puncture my radial artery by abg sampling technique and let the blood come off until I pass out

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Is it possible if I just puncture my radial artery by abg sampling technique and let the blood come off until I pass out

I don't believe that cutting the radial artery has a great chance of success; many people on the African sub continent have suffered having a hand cut off and survived even though they had no medical treatment for hours. In those instances both veins and arteries will have been severed, yet without fatal results.
It seems extremely unlikely that ABG sampling with a syringe is likely to lead to extreme blood loss, however I have no medical qualifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anri_wants_peace
restingplace

restingplace

Emo corpse
Mar 7, 2024
Is it possible to die with just a razor blade by making many small cuts, and passing out by blood loss
Blood loss is surprisingly the least likely way of dying from cutting. The cuts will (if small enough) start to heal and clot up within 5 minutes meaning you won't lose much blood at all

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
short answer, no. I believe this falls under the 'unreliable/don't do that' sticky

Reactions: maneose