• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
If I put one end through the buckle, stick my head in, then tie the loose end around a solid anchor, that's how you do it. Right? Does anybody have any experience with belt hanging? I've been thinking about duct taping the tied end to the anchor point, just so the knot doesn't think about coming loose.

I would use a rope but I'm a hikikomori NEET with no mode of transportation (or cash). I'm also not quite sure how to turn a scarf or a towel into a noose.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to be a veggie and I only have a couple hours to get everything right this Saturday. I'm sure an opportunity would arise in the future but I have a clear one and with only two days to prepare I'm kind of panicking.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Doom76, Circles, Thanatos and 1 other person
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
73d993666828c2a158b5afd4e7074f6b24ae0552659c0df678f2d21253e9f956.png

is this helpful at all?

Reactions: Circles, Scribble Fan, Soul and 1 other person
bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
That is very dodgy information, i'd test that a lot to make sure when you struggle the belt wont slide through from door, I can't imagine that setup holds out much. But like you said if using a solid anchor, then works.

Reactions: Circles and Scribble Fan
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
Can also put little beanbags on your arteries under the belt so it takes the pressure off of your wind pipe, kind of a half night night method for more comfort. But otherwise as long as the belt and door hold it should work.

Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019

is this helpful at all?

Yes, thank you delta! Very helpful actually.

That is very dodgy information, i'd test that a lot to make sure when you struggle the belt wont slide through from door, I can't imagine that setup holds out much. But like you said if using a solid anchor, then works.

I'll be sure to test this a few times by leaning on the belt instead of putting my head through it. I can vaguely recall other stories of people catching the bus this way but I'd rather be certain.

Can also put little beanbags on your arteries under the belt so it takes the pressure off of your wind pipe, kind of a half night night method for more comfort. But otherwise as long as the belt and door hold it should work.

Thank you for the suggestion! Maybe I can fill some socks with frozen corn or something as I don't have any beanbags on hand at the moment.

Reactions: Circles
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Since I don't have little beanbags around I might try a couple of folded socks.
@deltahead's information is compatible with other people's input about ways to anchor ligatures.
@Scribble Fan, please be gentle with yourself. If you have mixed feelings please don't rush into it. I've gotten fond of you so I hope you'll make the best possible decisions for yourself. (((Hugs)))

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Thanatos and Scribble Fan
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019

is this helpful at all?
Couple issues with this

1) i've used a rather thick man's belt and tried the method of putting the belt of the door. it started to slip once I put my full body weight on it. Put the belt where the hinges of the door are is a much better position.
Everyone is different
2) I am skeptical of slowly lowering yourself as I find this method more uncomfortable then quickly dropping ypur weight. Again everyone is different

My two cents

Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
@deltahead's information is compatible with other people's input about ways to anchor ligatures.
@Scribble Fan, please be gentle with yourself. If you have mixed feelings plase don't rush into it. I've gotten fond of you so I hope you'll make the best possible decisions for yourself. (((Hugs)))

Oh, I'm touched :hug: I'll be sure to think everything through before making any decisions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Thanatos, DreamCatcher and 1 other person
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
@Scribble Fan, please be gentle with yourself. If you have mixed feelings please don't rush into it. I've gotten fond of you so I hope you'll make the best possible decisions for yourself. (((Hugs)))
Will you post if you try the socks? I too lack bean bags and am thinking of substituting if it proves effective