S

Smokey8484

Aug 9, 2020
I came across this site a few weeks ago, and finally signed up for it this morning. I'm female & in my mid 30s, I've worked in healthcare since my teens & have felt depressed for as long as I can remember. Had a serious CTB attempt in my late teens & have muddled through life since then, have had some good times but as the thread title suggests, have struggled with, and fought against feeling suicidal, depressed, unloveable and so lonely. I'm just so tired of it. But I don't know how else to be, I've tried everything over the years. It gets so frustrating.

I stick around for my family and friends, but always have the feeling that they will move on, they lead their own lives, and I can't live for other people anymore. I get resentful of the people I help through my work, and of everyone else for moving forward in their lives, and then I feel like a sh*tty person for being resentful. It's a no win situation.

I've been giving CTB a lot more thought and proper consideration again, and have already found this site so useful in terms of practical information but also as an accepting and supportive community. I hope I can positively contribute too. I know that if I do attempt to CTB again it has to be successful, so I have to plan it properly.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Anthagonos, Brink, Superdeterminist and 4 others
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Hey we sound familiar (apart from the healthcare part).

I've been staying on for my family too (and my cat) ... but having lurked these forums ... is it really fair on me to keep pushing myself through, hating life, surviving just because I'd make others sad if I died? What about me? Half my life has been lost to joblessness and depression and there is only so much someone can take. I have arranged my life around pleasing others but it hasn't done me any good.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Smokey8484, Huntfish34 and Hopeindeath!
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
You and I are very familiar also. Mid 30s. Male,. And I've just Hated myself for so many years of my life it's just stupid. A serious and Genuine hatred,. Not to mention the resentments I've accrued through out the years. =\. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Smokey8484
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
I will agree with all you said. I feel like I only live in for others. I hate myself for wanting to ctb. Hate myself for living this life and wanting to leave my family

• Love
Reactions: Smokey8484 and Huntfish34