Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It recognised the worlds going to hell but it's alright because 5g is here to rescue us. Absolutely laughable

Reactions: Epsilon0 and Oyoy
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
That kind of sums it all up really. 'We are all screwed so why not have fun?'

Reactions: Epsilon0 and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
All this technology is part of the problem. A nation of slaves completely empty inside. There's been zero progress of any meaningful kind in the last twenty years. The only way to tell when a film was made is what phone they're using. Everything else has gone backwards. Destroying the planet for what when everyone's miserable and the only way to fill that void is by getting likes for this comment. There's no escape anymore from the endless bombardment of crap.

• Love
Reactions: Lethe, Epsilon0, Oyoy and 2 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
There's no escape anymore from the endless bombardment of crap.

Perhaps living in isolation and denial? That's not a viable option for me, unfortunately.

Reactions: Oyoy and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Isolation yes, denial no. I think living in any reality but reality is another problem. Echo chambers where people just kiss each others backsides and convince themselves they're right and anything else is wrong. People thinking of themselves again. I can't lie to myself. I don't pretend it's all fine but depending on my surroundings and circumstances it either matters more or less. It is my problem in a way because my regrets are internet related so every passing year it gets worse and worse. What's taken sixteen years could now be done in a day by a five year old. So there is that. There's also how depressing that is in it's own right. It's like Terry Gilliams Brazil when the kid asks Santa for a credit card. I think giving a kid a tablet for christmas is as good as robbing them of their childhood. Truly is a nightmare dystopia we're living in. By comparison 2005 seems like an innocent time when all this was fields and I can't believe I wasted it. Didn't know how lucky I was. I just needed a computer then. Now I can't stand the sight of them. Just being here is triggering

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0, Oyoy, Sensei and 2 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Indeed, modern technology turns us into walking dead. However, I think that technology just is a tool, and it comes down to how it's used. For instance, watching television can be a constructive pastime if you watch quality documentaries, but a destructive one if you only watch mindless docusoaps.

Reactions: Epsilon0, Oyoy, TAW122 and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Indeed, modern technology turns us into walking dead. However, I think that technology just is a tool, and it comes down to how it's used. For instance, watching television can be a constructive pastime if you watch quality documentaries, but a destructive one if you only watch mindless docusoaps.
Indeed, well said. Sadly when there are tools, there will always be people who 'misuse' them. :aw:

Reactions: Epsilon0, Oyoy, Mr2005 and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019

Well that's surprising, I sort of imagined you were the type who binge watches "Farmer looking for a wife" :pfff:

Reactions: Mr2005 and Sensei