Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Not my first language, sorry if this is a bit hard to read, but I'll appreciate it if you do read it. really.

There are no words to describe the deep feeling of guilt that I have. I feel like the conversation itself ruined their lives already, especially because I'm such a central piece in their emotional state and I'm always the one they talk with when they feel down or when they feel cheerful, I've always been there to help them.

I just told my family (mother and brother, since we are really lonely people with no one else in our lives, and I don't have the hearth to say this to my little brother) about how I feel and what they should expect, the plans going forward and why I need to do this.

I won't get into details, but it was devastating both for them and I. My brother took it specially bad and my mother is hiding her feelings in a very obvious way.

The plan is simple, I will take a trip to another city, take a genetic test this month and this will dictate how I shall proceed. Because the condition that I may have is something that rapidly deteriorates and it's incurable, I could live with the health issues even if they deteriorate further, for I've been enduring them for years, however, the sharp and sudden cognitive decline is something that I will not tolerate, my intelligence is the only thing that kept me going, now I'm even questioning that, and this is the hardest thing for me to give up, in a way it's always been my only hope through the years, my light that keeps me going, and that light is slowly disappearing.

By the way, please, PLEASE . don't ask me the name or the symptoms of it, I won't disclose it because it's extremely distressing to even think about it.

But if I'm being honest, I already know the answer and what will happen. I decided to endure it until they accomplish their dreams because I love them so much, I told them that. but knowing that a loved person is suffering and wants to take this path is beyond devastating, seeing them react this way made me feel like a horrible monster, like the most selfish person in the world.

If I didn't have them, I would've done this as soon as I got my N, that's how much I love these broken people.

Thank you for reading this, I usually don't post much, but I needed to say this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ber0, it's_all_a_game, MiserableBastard1995 and 14 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Your english is actually quite good!

Btw, about the conversation, I tried to have it with my family too but it was just impossible.
I've realized nobody can understand my CTB feelings. (except you, my dear SS fellows)

I guess the positive part of it is that you were honest at least, about your feelings. No matter what your plan is, try to follow it and never be impulsive (just like I did some days ago)

A good plan is the right way to CTB.

All in all, wish you the best and hop eyou can find peace soon!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal, Deleted member 22624, Fragile and 1 other person
violetsaturn

violetsaturn

Oct 28, 2020
I am so sorry, I can't imagine how painful that discussion must have been. Just remember, you are not being selfish. You already have shown how selfless you are by staying for them, as you stated. There is only so much a person can handle, and you've already surpassed that point. I wish you safe travel, friend.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Deleted member 22624, botanormal and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Your english is actually quite good!

Btw, about the conversation, I tried to have it with my family too but it was just impossible.
I've realized nobody can understand my CTB feelings. (except you, my dear SS fellows)

I guess the positive part of it is that you were honest at least, about your feelings. No matter what you plan is, try to follow it and never be impulsive (just like I did some days ago)

A good plan is the right way to CTB.

All in all, wish you the best and hop eyou can find peace soon!

thank you for your kind words.

yeah, this is an impossible conversation to have, I truly feel like only those of us who already feel suicidal can have it, but the saddest part is that I feel my mother and my brother understood it, they also have shitty lives and have expressed these thoughts to me in different ways. It was really hard to hear it nonetheless.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and WornOutLife