Danby

Danby

Just remember that the last laugh is on you
Aug 13, 2024
Had an awesome Labor Day weekend--went to a game convention (first one I've been to in a long long while). Ran a game, played in three others, saw a lot of people I haven't seen in years. All in all a great time. Then why today am I still depressed and suicidal? Because all that fun just took my mind off my problems for a little bit. Still going through a divorce, still struggling financially. Things will be better next year, I hope; I'm not sure I can make it that long. I am nearly at the end of my rope. I can't take the stress and depression and anxiety any more.

• Hugs
Reactions: davidtorez, Surai, LifeQuitter and 2 others
R

retention

Jul 29, 2024
You can trying more stuff you enjoy during the weekdays, because when you have nothing to do, you often fall back to thinking negatively or rumination.

• Informative
Reactions: davidtorez and Surai
qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Student
Jul 27, 2024
I understand how you feel. Back when I saw a counselor, I made the mistake of telling him that I went to the lake with my family and had a good time. He just latched onto that and talked about how big a deal it was, and basically refused to accept that I was still depressed and suicidal. Because if I was, how did I enjoy a day at the lake with my family? I don't know how to explain it, enjoying some things sometimes doesn't make my pain or my problems go away.

Reactions: davidtorez and Surai
T

Trav1989

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Had an awesome Labor Day weekend--went to a game convention (first one I've been to in a long long while). Ran a game, played in three others, saw a lot of people I haven't seen in years. All in all a great time. Then why today am I still depressed and suicidal? Because all that fun just took my mind off my problems for a little bit. Still going through a divorce, still struggling financially. Things will be better next year, I hope; I'm not sure I can make it that long. I am nearly at the end of my rope. I can't take the stress and depression and anxiety any more.
Because you've likely lived through enough good weekends to know that things rarely improve beyond those few good days.

• Love
Reactions: Life'sA6itch, Davey40210 and davidtorez