_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
just found a cute baby grasshopper on my window ledge, i love them. then i returned 20min later to see if he has managed to jump out, but he was still laying on the ledge:/ he was and is still alive, but i then found out why he wasn't moving, he had lost one of his legs:( he was still very small. i wish i could offer him a small drop of nebutal:( i know its just an insect but still im sure they can feel pain:(

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Homecoming
leiche

leiche

i need a cigarette
Aug 19, 2020
even plants feel pain, as i know :/

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and _Minsk
StellaArtoix

StellaArtoix

Student
Jul 25, 2020
just found a cute baby grasshopper on my window ledge, i love them. then i returned 20min later to see if he has managed to jump out, but he was still laying on the ledge:/ he was and is still alive, but i then found out why he wasn't moving, he had lost one of his legs:( he was still very small. i wish i could offer him a small drop of nebutal:( i know its just an insect but still im sure they can feel pain:(
Thats so sweet of you. Thats how i feel when i see an animal,insect that has been hurt. You feel so helpless. At least grasshoppers are able to fly to get away from predators. I also read that grasshoppers possess the ability to shed one or both hind limbs in the event of a predator attack or limb damage; however, the lost limb will never grow back. This process is called autotomy.
Apparently they can survive with one leg but it makes them more of an easy target for predation. You could keep him as a pet? Heaps of people have pet grasshoppers.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and _Minsk
Zorya

Zorya

Aug 21, 2020
Plants don't feel pain. I rescued a cat tortured bt some bullies.

Reactions: inactive