cyandude

cyandude

T-x days left... -.-
Nov 4, 2023
Hi guys, I just finished school and am experiencing a state of vacuum in life in which I can not figure out how I am gonna live the rest of my life as I have no interests that can get me into university and my neurodivergencies make working basically impossible, it feels like I have been raised to permanently be a useless child who can not fend for their own, so now, against the real world, I find myself having nothing. Naturally, the thing I recur to is death in the face of such a great void of questions with no answers, but I don't wanna have to be cornered into CTB, I wanna atleast be able to say I fought back. So, any tips for someone who's got nothing after finishing highschool? I'd love to talk to yall, great people in this forum :))

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I would gain some work experience while you figure out the next step or enroll in general education courses at a nearby community college.

Reactions: Celerity and noneed
UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
I'd say to get a full time job doing some menial or trivial work and use the money to explore potential hobbies and interests. Don't dive into anything that requires immense commitment, like college or the military. Have fun, get hurt, make mistakes, waste money, meet people, etc... just don't dive into something you can't take yourself out of for a long time (including financial investments; relationships I'd say are fair game as long as you don't get anyone pregnant, including yourself lol [if applicable]).

Personally, I went straight to college after highschool and I deeply regret it. I didn't really know what I wanted to do and I listened solely to the advice of my parents. I didn't take a chance at somethings I wanted to do and now I'm too deep to really quit without feeling like I wasted the last few years of my life, albeit it's never too late to quit or start anything tbh. It's more of a personal thing for me, I suppose.

In general, don't feel rushed and don't feel like you owe it to anybody to live life the way they think you should. Figure it out for yourself, be free!
"Don't kill and don't be killed".

Reactions: Celerity