nonentity

nonentity

professional fool
Apr 5, 2023
hi everyone!!

i was just discharged from the psych ward today! AMA - wanted to offer this since i have the memory fresh still!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: InversedShadow, ijustwishtodie, LoiteringClouds and 5 others
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
My condolences (or congratulations?)! Did you admit yourself willfully? Were you forced medications? And is it America?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, whywere, EternalShore and 1 other person
nonentity

nonentity

professional fool
Apr 5, 2023
My condolences (or congratulations?)! Did you admit yourself willfully? Were you forced medications? And is it America?
i would say congratulations!!!

i did admit myself willingly! i wasn't forced any sort of medication, i was one of the lucky ones who had a psychiatrist outside of the facility so i had a conversation with the on-site psych and made sure nothing was prescribed to me that my primary doc wasn't ok with

yes!! america -- east coast!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Moonomyth, LoiteringClouds and 4 others
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Do you feel better than when you entered the hospital?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whywere, Adûnâi and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
what do they let you do there? :) Like can you use phones, read books, and write stories and stuff~?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
how often and how long were you able to talk to the actual doctors there?

nonentity

nonentity

professional fool
Apr 5, 2023
sorry!! today was my birthday (03/08) and i was busy the last couple of days, so i'll answer the questions now

Do you feel better than when you entered the hospital?
i feel so much better than when i entered the hospital - when i went into the ER, i was at my bottom before ctb

i've wanted to ctb for as long as i could remember, but the fact that i wasn't scared anymore, and knew i wasn't ready to yet, i went to the ER

i came out with something that i never thought i would ever have, which is a positive outlook (even if it may be temporary, still too soon to tell) but so far, so good!!!

what do they let you do there? :) Like can you use phones, read books, and write stories and stuff~?
so you can't use phones while in there since i think part of it is to keep you away from any stressors that have put you in there from the outside! tbh, it's a good thing i didn't have my phone (even though i missed it so much lol) since it helped me out a lot more with my relationships and mental health being pretty much unreachable for ~2 weeks

you can read books, write, draw! the facility i was at even had 2 TVs with cable in the common areas, and had a switch donated to them so we did a group activity and would play mario party/smash together -- the facility also had art therapy which was amazing

how often and how long were you able to talk to the actual doctors there?

i had to meet with the onsite psych daily, along with drs as needed, but the nurses were on the floor 24/7 and answered any questions i had, and if i had any health related issues, they would contact a dr to have anything taken care of!

i got to talk to the nurses for as long as i wanted to, the psych i was able to talk to as long as i needed, which wasn't very long at all, but she answered all of the questions i had about the meds that were added to my pre-existing regimen

What substances they gave you?

if by substances, you mean medication, i had availability to several different types of anti-anxiety meds that they never pushed on us, and only gave it to us if we asked

xanax, ativan, alprazolam, aripiprazole (i'm on this), risperidone, gabapentin (i'm on this), trazodone (i'm also on this) are some examples, but we had a way longer list we could have depending on our situation, and what meds we're on/symptoms

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: K-β, dreamscape1111, EternalShore and 1 other person
J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
Did they provide you with grippy socks?

• Informative
Reactions: Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Most important question!!!

I did not get any (Germany) and I am still upset to this day that it is not a concept here

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Juli and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
So very happy for you, congrats!

Huge hugs, love and sunny blue skies, as you are a ray of sunshine.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nonentity and Valky
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
How long were you there? Did you grow close with other patients? I was in a hospital once for 10 days. It was, among many things, intense.

• Hugs
Reactions: nonentity and whywere
cjs0712

cjs0712

Waiting to die
Feb 8, 2024
I also live in the east coast. If I ever get into a pscyh ward, I hope I get into a good one.

• Hugs
Reactions: nonentity
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Since you're in the US, how was your stay paid for? Do you have good health insurance or something?

Also why did you think you had to CTB so bad in the first place?

nonentity

nonentity

professional fool
Apr 5, 2023
Most important question!!!

I did not get any (Germany) and I am still upset to this day that it is not a concept here

yes!!! i did get grippy socks!!! i even got an unlimited supply of grippy socks hahaha

So very happy for you, congrats!

Huge hugs, love and sunny blue skies, as you are a ray of sunshine.

Walter

thank you so much, this is so sweet - i just caught covid (probably from the hospital) but i'm trying my best to remain positive!!

How long were you there? Did you grow close with other patients? I was in a hospital once for 10 days. It was, among many things, intense.

i was there for ~10 days as well - i'm still in contact with a handful of the patients there surprisingly, i'm just bad at texting haha but we grew close enough to share information to hang out outside of the facility

there were times where it was incredibly tense, especially when meltdowns from other patients would happen, but that's expected since we all were in there for a reason

I also live in the east coast. If I ever get into a pscyh ward, I hope I get into a good one.

i hope so too <3

the hard thing about psych wards is that a lot of the reviews online are bad because most patients are 302'd vs. 301'd so they're generally in a different part of the hospital

if you ever are in a situation where someone is trying to 302 you, always compromise with taking a 301 instead -- it doesn't go on your legal record since it's willing vs. unwilling

if you go into an ER, always ask for the crisis worker, ask to hear the list of facilities and what they think of them before you sign anything - that will give you generally a better idea of where you should choose (i asked mine about a certain facility, and he recommended me against it)

Since you're in the US, how was your stay paid for? Do you have good health insurance or something?

Also why did you think you had to CTB so bad in the first place?

i do have insurance - it's not the best, but it's definitely a lot better than most

i haven't gotten the bill yet, but i do have resources available to me to luckily work out the final bill when i'm done partial-hospitalization

as for why - i've wanted to CTB for most of my life and have had 2 previous attempts before this one. i acknowledge that i'm severely mentally ill and will have to be on medication for the rest of my life which adds a lot of stress and social stigma, i lost my well-paying job back in march of 2023, was unemployed until nov. 2023 and am still trying to catch up financially - i can barely pay any of my bills and have gone hungry because of it, i don't have support from my family, i'm still mourning the death of my mother who passed in 2021, i'm not in love with the man i married anymore, and the man i love is taken and my best friend which makes things all the more complicated

TL;DR: everything built up, i snapped, went for it, almost was successful, hospitalized, grateful that i survived

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: InversedShadow, EternalShore, Juli and 2 others
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
How come this is the first time I see someone who doesn't say their experiences were dehumanizing, staff were cruel and all they got out of it is some addiction to hard meds?
(Nah jk, I'm glad it turned out well ❤️)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nonentity, EternalShore, Valky and 1 other person
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
yes!!! i did get grippy socks!!! i even got an unlimited supply of grippy socks hahaha
You have no idea how jealous I am….
How come this is the first time I see someone who doesn't say their experiences were dehumanizing, staff were cruel and all they got out of it is some addiction to hard meds?
If it helps, I have been in a psych ward for almost 6 months and (Ofc almost) everyone was super friendly, caring and helpful. However, psych wards outside of the US seem to not be that brutal generally….we just don't get no grippy socks :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bianka and whywere
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
If it helps, I have been in a psych ward for almost 6 months and (Ofc almost) everyone was super friendly, caring and helpful. However, psych wards outside of the US seem to not be that brutal generally….we just don't get no grippy socks :(
Oh I got my fair share of it. Never again. Although I did make a really good friend there so the glass is half full I guess. And I also didn't get grippy socks 😥 That's the poiiiiiint!!!!!!!

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: whywere and Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Oh I got my fair share of it. Never again. Although I did make a really good friend there so the glass is half full I guess. And I also didn't get grippy socks 😥 That's the poiiiiiint!!!!!!!
Really sorry for that :( but yes, the people you get to meet there really help a lot!! <3
WDYM NO GRIPPY SOCKS? GET A REFUND

• Yay!
Reactions: Bianka
nonentity

nonentity

professional fool
Apr 5, 2023

i'm sure it's super refreshing to hear a positive experience from someone in the US hahaha - i am definitely VERY lucky to have a great experience there

You have no idea how jealous I am….

Really sorry for that :( but yes, the people you get to meet there really help a lot!! <3
WDYM NO GRIPPY SOCKS? GET A REFUND

man NO GRIPPY SOCKS - they really got you guys, it's ok, if i could, i'd share all of my grippy socks with you guys <3

injustice, no grippy socks :(

i did make nice friends though, i'm so bad at communication, i just hope i hear from them soon since they have my info - i worry about them constantly

• Love
Reactions: Bianka and Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
man NO GRIPPY SOCKS - they really got you guys, it's ok, if i could, i'd share all of my grippy socks with you guys <3

injustice, no grippy socks :(
Greatly appreciated!! <3

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
When I was in the psych ward twice, both times I could have as many grippy socks as I wanted, in fact they kept a large box of them on the front charge desk, take as needed. The second time when I came home, I had a large cardboard box full of green grippy socks.

Walter

nonentity

nonentity

professional fool
Apr 5, 2023
When I was in the psych ward twice, both times I could have as many grippy socks as I wanted, in fact they kept a large box of them on the front charge desk, take as needed. The second time when I came home, I had a large cardboard box full of green grippy socks.

Walter

my only regret is that i did not take any grippy socks home with me!!! D:

having the large supply of grippy socks sounds amazing hahaha!

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere