Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
this universe can create machines that enjoy doing anything right or wrong
how do we judge what is right or wrong

is it wrong to kill something else to maintain your own substance

is it wrong to give brith knowing they will be in a death trap from birth

is it wrong to give brith knowing that they might be born with disability or deformities

is it wrong to take a gamble on someone else's life by giving birth to them when the new life may or may not have a good life.

is it wrong to force someone to live a life they hate

likewise just because the majority of human beings are happy doesn't make it right

• Yay!
Reactions: breezeboy, borderlinee, Scythe and 2 others
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
It is wrong to restrict an individual's right to end their life; however, it is also wrong to normalize suicide as a hegemonic ideal. Drastic measures require radical justifications that only the subject is capable of validating.

Reactions: Abandoned Character and divinemistress36
clicmsf

clicmsf

Not belonging to this universe
Oct 8, 2022
It is wrong to restrict an individual's right to end their life; however, it is also wrong to normalize suicide as a hegemonic ideal. Drastic measures require radical justifications that only the subject is capable of validating.
I respectfully disagree with suicide not being normalized. Suicide is a guaranteed solution to absolutely any problem someone could have. We can argue that the problem could still exist, but the person we're talking about is not going to be affected by it. I personally believe no matter how chaotic our world would be if it was normalized, it would still be better and a lot more fair towards everyone. Remember, by nature's law, weak animals in every species SHOULDN'T survive. By making laws and becoming hyper aware of our state, we are saving people like me that cannot contribute to Anything positive to anyone's life. I'm realistically a useless human product and cannot satisfy anybody, let alone myself. My parents should have never reproduced, but here we are, only because people are pro life

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I respectfully disagree with suicide not being normalized. Suicide is a guaranteed solution to absolutely any problem someone could have. We can argue that the problem could still exist, but the person we're talking about is not going to be affected by it. I personally believe no matter how chaotic our world would be if it was normalized, it would still be better and a lot more fair towards everyone. Remember, by nature's law, weak animals in every species SHOULDN'T survive. By making laws and becoming hyper aware of our state, we are saving people like me that cannot contribute to Anything positive to anyone's life. I'm realistically a useless human product and cannot satisfy anybody, let alone myself. My parents should have never reproduced, but here we are, only because people are pro life
Your parents were not thinking about the ethics of natalism when they conceived you. Just horny.

Reactions: Labyrinth, breezeboy and divinemistress36
clicmsf

clicmsf

Not belonging to this universe
Oct 8, 2022
Your parents were not thinking about the ethics of natalism when they conceived you. Just horny.
EXACTLY. I wish they did take their time to consider everything though