Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Idk what happened after such a good day for once, my baby (dog) would not stop panting, hacking, breathing heavy/fast... she even ran into the woods for a minute and I thought the worst (some dogs I hear do that before death), ran after her (she NEVER runs from me) but she came back, finally puked again and I think she's okay. No fucking idea what happened! I was ready to go honestly if the worst happened, just kinda brought me back to "yeah I still want to CTB at the slightest problem" but this was MAJOR for me (and fiancé). Fucking vet ER wasn't helpful! I think the hydrogen peroxide helped but I'm monitoring her like a hawk. Fuck I felt so bad, did the heimlich, wheelbarrow, back smacks etc. This type of shit just snaps you back that your world can be crushed in a heartbeat, especially if things are just starting to be okay in general. This is NOT what I needed tonight :( I can't lose her

• Aww..
Reactions: Tabbyql, Pisceslilith, Artyom and 3 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Really sorry to hear. Sounds like an allergic reaction. Any bees around??

Reactions: Blue LIPS
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Really sorry to hear. Sounds like an allergic reaction. Any bees around??

During the day there are. She was messing with a cicada that I had to kick away, can't lie before the bad shit happened I was laughing because it was screeching and spinning around lol maybe some shell got lodged in her throat? Idk it was just worrisome watching her eat grass like a maniac and looked scared.

She still seems okay this morning though

Uzera

Uzera

Apr 11, 2020
During the day there are. She was messing with a cicada that I had to kick away, can't lie before the bad shit happened I was laughing because it was screeching and spinning around lol maybe some shell got lodged in her throat? Idk it was just worrisome watching her eat grass like a maniac and looked scared.

iam glad your puppy is okay. that stuff is scary.

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020

Yes cicadas are known to give severe allergic reactions akin to the ones you described. It's really bad for animals as they are tiny and it affects them more than it would affect us.

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Glad you're dog is okay ! Can be rough when they pass away, I know too well. ❤️. Best wishes.

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Yes cicadas are known to give severe allergic reactions akin to the ones you described. It's really bad for animals as they are tiny and it affects them more than it would affect us.

Ahhh okay, I did not know that. Figured it had something to do with it since that was the last thing I saw her doing. Now I'm gonna kill every cicada I see lol. They're creepy anyway.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Ahhh okay, I did not know that. Figured it had something to do with it since that was the last thing I saw her doing. Now I'm gonna kill every cicada I see lol. They're creepy anyway.
Yes just keep your pup away, even dead they could be dangerous if he sniffs them, they're like shellfish in terms of allergy likelihood. Hugs to your pup!

• Hugs