Normality is a crowd-sourced fantasy.
Apr 20, 2019
I'd try it with some prolifers.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Ani198, TessB and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I did it for a short while. Also attempted to try out MMA, took some boxing and karate as a kid. The problem with all of that is that it's very, very, VERY time-and-energy inefficient when it comes to actually increasing applicable hand-to-hand combat capacity.

You also have to be a normie and socialize/have friends to be able to spar more than 15min per session or whatever. They also didn't separate new people from advanced practitioners and had everyone do the same exercises (LMAO). This is sometimes called a McDojo :pfff:.

It's a lot about "having fun with friends" and playing around rather than making anyone better at self-defence for the most part. It's probably the most enjoyable form of cardio, though.

They need more sparring, more organization (easier for non-normies to spar), less warm-up, less push-ups and squats or whatever (strength and agility training in your own time) otherwise it's not worth it imo. Just buy a baseball bat, knife or gun, LOL.

Reactions: Ramirez and TessB
T

Tiredofhurting

Feb 26, 2021
I'd try it with some prolifers.
I feel like any where you go you have pro lifers. Most people are like that. We are just lucky to have found a spot we call our own.
I did it for a short while. Also attempted to try out MMA, took some boxing and karate as a kid. The problem with all of that is that it's very, very, VERY time-and-energy inefficient when it comes to actually increasing applicable hand-to-hand combat capacity.

You also have to be a normie and socialize/have friends to be able to spar more than 15min per session or whatever. They also didn't separate new people from advanced practitioners and had everyone do the same exercises (LMAO). This is sometimes called a McDojo :pfff:.

It's a lot about "having fun with friends" and playing around rather than making anyone better at self-defence for the most part. It's probably the most enjoyable form of cardio, though.

They need more sparring, more organization (easier for non-normies to spar), less warm-up, less push-ups and squats or whatever (strength and agility training in your own time) otherwise it's not worth it imo. Just buy a baseball bat, knife or gun, LOL.
Most if not all fist fight end up on the ground. Statistically 80% do. To each there own. It is one of the few things that brings be a small amount of enjoyment even if it is only for a few.

Last edited: