• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
My main problem is all the windows are locked. There are a few rare times that they keep the balcony door open for a short time like 5 minutes and it's possible for me to sneak into the balcony but the problem begins here.

I really am lost in thinking and thinking again. I am terrified of not being able to ctb. I really want to die for sure.
don't jump from ur house balcony. a fall from that will do nothing but hurt, unless ur house is 10 stories/100-150 ft tall. as i said in my 1st comment in the thread, there was a post from some1 who tried the NN method & woke up in the middle of it & had to claw himself down while he felt like his eyes were going to pop from their sockets. he still wants to use that method tho, & if that sounds like a better risk to take for u, good luck & more power to ušŸ«”

But after seeing different opinions I started to overthink about it. I don't know what to do. Do you have any tips to cope with SI just before jumping? Thank you.
opinions don't matter. the facts do, & i explained those + gave multiple sources.

as for tips, i don't really have any sadly. i'm just trying to accept that i'll always feel the fear. even if i were to OD on pills/drugs, i'd prob feel some while taking it. i think it's really just smthg u need to push past yourself; i don't think any1 else can help w that. i also can't seem to get over that hurdle :// i really need to die as well, i'm wayyyy overdue for it.

Reactions: Tears in Rain and Reuthry
monday?

monday?

negative utilitarian, toxic nihilist, coomerpilled
Jul 28, 2023
yes, that's what all my comments emphasize. proper height, & fall back/forwards. i wouldn't include ppl that didn't do it properly into the lethality of it, & logically i'd presume neither would the ppl making the statistics.

i addressed this in my 1st comment more thoroughly, but that's only if u do everything perfectly right, which is another turn off/scary factor for me. if the success rate for hanging alone is 70%, i can't imagine how low the success rate for that is.
yeah but you are comparing lethality of proper jumping with lethality of proper+improper hanging. if you were to only count proper hangings the numbers would be similar but determining that is not as simple as measuring the height of a jump. Also, you don't have to do everything "perfectly", it's not rocket science. there are videos of people who hanged themselves by accident while masturbating

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
There are cases of unsuccessful hanging attempts but those people were discovered too early. Once you are unconsciousness in the noose there is no coming off of it unless some one else brings you down. At the end it is a preference of accessibility and which method gives you a peace of mind.
unless some1 else brings u down, unless u didn't pick the right hanging spot for optimal weight distribution/pressure, unless the knot gives or breaks. if hanging alone has a 70% success rate, can't imagine how low the success rate for going unconscious 1st is. & could u cite ur sources for that research pls? i'd like to have that as a link, it'd be helpful for future convos.

but yes, 100% agree, @ the end of the day it's all abt preference. i just wanna make sure that all the facts are known, i see a lot of misinfo & fearmongering re: jumping & hanging on Sasu + in general.
yeah but you are comparing lethality of proper jumping with lethality of proper+improper hanging. if you were to only count proper hangings the numbers would be similar but determining that is not as simple as measuring the height of a jump. Also, you don't have to do everything "perfectly", it's not rocket science.
yes, i think hanging is prob difficult to gauge bc there's so many diff forms of it, along w the diff techniques for each. short drop/long drop, NN method, partial/full hanging, etc.

'it's not rocket science'. compared to most other methods, esp if u want to achieve ur dream of going unconscious in mere secs beforehand, it kinda is tbh. it's a much more complicated, multi-step process.
there are videos of people who hanged themselves by accident while masturbating
i believe that, autoerotic asphyxiation + prob just accidents in general. i'd also use this logic to say that ppl also accidentally die from slips & trips & minor falls quite a lot, which further supports that jumping from a sufficient height should be more than lethal.

Last edited:
E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
After landing how much time to unconsciousness?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Well if I ever thought about hanging, that just talked me out of it. I never put much faith in hanging to begin with. Jumping would be much more reliable if you HAD to choose between the two. SI would kick in with both but you can't claw your way back up from free-falling. Is it true you lose consciousness in a few seconds if you do it from high enough?
This is why planning is so important.

F

freemagee

Feb 25, 2024
where did you get those numbers from? lostallhope puts both methods slightly above 90% and there's no way in hell jumping has a 98% fatality rate

EDIT: actually found a study where the numbers seem a lot more realistic to me: hanging/suffocation- 84.5%, jumping- 46.7%.

I'm not sure but I think the 46.7% from jumping is from including all the data of people who attempted from low heights as well, like 4-5 storeys. I'm trying to find more info on this, I'm new to the forum, I can't seem to find the search function so sorry I can't add more to this.

Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
After landing how much time to unconsciousness?
In my experience when I fell from relatively short distance (3 floors) with my back - I saw my fall in slow motion then suddenly everything went black. Like immediately, probably after head touched the ground. No pain at all. But yeah, that probably would hurt af if I didn't hit my head.

E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
In my experience when I fell from relatively short distance (3 floors) with my back - I saw my fall in slow motion then suddenly everything went black. Like immediately, probably after head touched the ground. No pain at all. But yeah, that probably would hurt af if I didn't hit my head.

Good. That's a good method. In case I ever have to go with jumping, will try to hit head first.

Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
Good. That's a good method. In case I ever have to go with jumping, will try to hit head first.
Overcoming SI I think is very difficult for this method. When I tried to jump I literally stopped feeling my legs and couldn't move at all.