• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
Which method is more reliable and easier to perform? Jumping or Hanging?

Now that Wonderkind has stolen my Euthanasia methods, I'm thinking about the above 2.

Cheers,
Eashan

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i'll never understand SaSu's affinity for hanging. it's 1 of the hardest ways to die + has high risk for failing & leaving u worse off than before. u have to knot the noose perfectly, find the perfect spot to hang from for the perfect amt of pressure/weight distribution, & perfectly locate the right arteries if u want to slip into unconsciousness beforehand. if u do all of this justtt right, u finally get to hang & slowly strangle for mins.

you only need a building 10 stories tall for a fatality rate of 98%, if u land on clear + hard ground. it only takes 1.2 secs, & if u fall backwards/forwards (anything besides feet first), it's instant. also don't understand the diving headfirst thing i've seen on here abt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommen Baratheon, notforl0ng, j1nxxb0yjj4ke and 1 other person
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I'd like to see you overcome the SI required to jump. Hanging can work providing you don't get interrupted and you tie your knots correctly and test it on your anchor point (and there are ways to simplify that for yourself too). If you did full suspension then you're fairly likely to die.
yes, hanging can work if u do everything perfectly, & that's my issue w it. i don't understand why u think the SI for hanging's any better😭for all the factors listed in my comment, that'd make it 10x worse. when u jump off a building you're not 'fairly likely to die', u're just gonna die. & it'll only take secs to fall, instead of hanging for mins.

there was even a post yesterday from some1 who woke up mid hanging & had to claw themselves down while their eyes felt like they were going to pop from their sockets. but if that's what u desire, more power to u🫡 & good luck.

Reactions: Anri_wants_peace
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Doing partial hanging= no SI issues
With full suspension you can do things so that you can abort it if it goes wrong.

Plenty of people have loved from high jumps due to not landing right or not jumping high enough.

I'd be interested to see the hanging post you're referring to as I didn't see that one yesterday
u don't think you'd feel SI as u went through the arduous setup for partial hanging?😭& again, u only achieve that if u do everything perfectly.

w jumping all u have to do is get over the edge, w hanging u have a multi-step process that doesn't even guarantee death & takes mins to achieve. the only things u need to do to ensure death from jumping is height, & fall flat. that's it.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...d-unfortunately-survived.149072/#post-2319550 link to mentioned post. he still wants to use that method after all that, so as i said if that's what u desire, more power to u🫡 & good luck.

Last edited:
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
No for partial hanging SI isn't a problem because for those that are compressing the carotid artery during the attempt.

Yes I agree that there's more things to get right than jumping but as I said jumping requires you to overcome more SI than most of the methods.
so u don't think as you're going step by step you'll feel any SI? u don't think u'll feel SI as u slowly start to lose consciousness? u don't think knowing u're headed towards ur death will cause SI? & yes, not a problem, if u manage to do everything perfectly😭which is a gamble i don't understand how ppl wanna take.

i tried to find info on the NN method, but couldn't. is it not basically the same concept as PH? u locate the proper arteries & strangle urself w some type of constrictor around ur neck, hoping it k.o's u till death??

i do agree that jumping's harder to get urself to do than other methods, def not my dream method. i prefer it bc if i manage to get past that it's instant death, which is what other available methods lack for me.

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Objectively, hanging is probably the best, except maybe guns or fentanyl. However I'd bet hanging is the most reliable.

Hanging is fast, painless, requires almost no resources and very reliable.

Many people go out smiling feeling drunk or high, so obscenely it might even be an enjoyable method too.

Reactions: monday?
Illegal Preclear

Illegal Preclear

The CEO of CTB
Sep 6, 2022
there was even a post yesterday from some1 who woke up mid hanging & had to claw themselves down while their eyes felt like they were going to pop from their sockets. but if that's what u desire, more power to u🫡 & good luck.
Well if I ever thought about hanging, that just talked me out of it. I never put much faith in hanging to begin with. Jumping would be much more reliable if you HAD to choose between the two. SI would kick in with both but you can't claw your way back up from free-falling. Is it true you lose consciousness in a few seconds if you do it from high enough?

• Love
Reactions: hikikomorizombie
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Well if I ever thought about hanging, that just talked me out of it. I never put much faith in hanging to begin with. Jumping would be much more reliable if you HAD to choose between the two. SI would kick in with both but you can't claw your way back up from free-falling. Is it true you lose consciousness in a few seconds if you do it from high enough?
thank u. i was starting to feel like maybe i wasn't making sense😭

that only happens if u fall from like dizzying heights, such as the empire state building, & even then it's not a guarantee. i wouldn't put hope in it.

sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
idk, even if you can't fly up to your highground when SI kicks in, most likely you'll start to group yourself, which can cause terrible traumas and no death.

At least that's how i see it for myself though

Illegal Preclear

Illegal Preclear

The CEO of CTB
Sep 6, 2022
idk, even if you can't fly up to your highground when SI kicks in, most likely you'll start to group yourself, which can cause terrible traumas and no death.

At least that's how i see it for myself though
I'm assuming with this hypothetical jump, we're doing it from say 20 stories. I mean - there's no way the jump won't be traumatic. All you can do is hope the myth is true that you lose consciousness before you go splat.

E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
Question: Is the loss of consciousness after jumping instant?

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Question: Is the loss of consciousness after jumping instant?
u do not lose consciousness after jumping. unless you're falling from a building as tall as the empire state, & even then it's unlikely. i wouldn't put hope in it.

E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
u do not lose consciousness after jumping. unless you're falling from a building as tall as the empire state, & even then it's unlikely. i wouldn't put hope in it.

So when do you lose consciousness after the jump?

sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
So when do you lose consciousness after the jump?
i don't think you'll ever do, expect if you're freaked out with heights or you're drunk/drugged or you're falling straight from space.

E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
i don't think you'll ever do, expect if you're freaked out with heights or you're drunk/drugged or you're falling straight from space.

What do you mean? If I land on the head or break it off, I won't lose consciousness?

I have watched several videos of people instantly losing consciousness ?

sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
What do you mean? If I land on the head or break it off, I won't lose consciousness?

I have watched several videos of people instantly losing consciousness ?
I mean yeah, you'll definetely lose consciousness when you land, but not in process of fall. That's what i meant. Perhaps that "ever" confused you, sorry

Last edited:
E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
I mean yeah, you'll definetely lose consciousness when you land, but not in process of fall. That's what i meant. Perhaps that "ever" confused you, sorry

That's all that's needed 😉

My question was that only. After landing how much time to unconsciousness?

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
i'll never understand SaSu's affinity for hanging. it's 1 of the hardest ways to die + has high risk for failing & leaving u worse off than before. u have to knot the noose perfectly, find the perfect spot to hang from for the perfect amt of pressure/weight distribution, & perfectly locate the right arteries if u want to slip into unconsciousness beforehand. if u do all of this justtt right, u finally get to hang & slowly strangle for mins.

you only need a building 10 stories tall for a fatality rate of 98%, if u land on clear + hard ground. it only takes 1.2 secs, & if u fall backwards/forwards (anything besides feet first), it's instant. also don't understand the diving headfirst thing i've seen on here abt it.
Jumping has more SI to overcome. Otherwise, it would be the ideal way for sure. I think it would have to be more than 10 floors up to be guaranteed instant. And it better be instant. Because if it isn't, you are in for a world of pain.

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Jumping has more SI to overcome. Otherwise, it would be the ideal way for sure. I think it would have to be more than 10 floors up to be guaranteed instant. And it better be instant. Because if it isn't, you are in for a world of pain.

View attachment 127045
yes, like every other method, there is a possibility of survival. it is significantly less w jumping. some ppl feel uncomfy w 10 stories & choose higher, but it only needs to be that high for a 95-98%(can't remember exact) fatality rate. whereas hanging has 70%.

& yes, i do agree the SI is def a harder 1 to overcome w jumping. for me though i think hanging would be a bit scarier.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023

View attachment 127045
like i mentioned before, she probably started to group up or trying to land on her legs due to SI. I can't imagine person surviving after they got a 50mps strike in a head from a planet Earth itself. It might be good to have a blindfold, and a lot of courage, of course

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
like i mentioned before, she probably started to group up or trying to land on her legs due to SI. I can't imagine person surviving after they got a 50mps strike in a head from a planet Earth itself. It might be good to have a blindfold, and a lot of courage, of course
But that's the thing. In mid-air there's no telling what SI will make you do. Her legs probably enaged automatically after she had an "oh shit, what did I do?" fleeting moment of thought.

Reactions: Immensevoid
monday?

monday?

negative utilitarian, toxic nihilist, coomerpilled
Jul 28, 2023
yes, like every other method, there is a possibility of survival. it is significantly less w jumping. some ppl feel uncomfy w 10 stories & choose higher, but it only needs to be that high for a 95-98%(can't remember exact) fatality rate. whereas hanging has 70%.

& yes, i do agree the SI is def a harder 1 to overcome w jumping. for me though i think hanging would be a bit scarier.
where did you get those numbers from? lostallhope puts both methods slightly above 90% and there's no way in hell jumping has a 98% fatality rate

EDIT: actually found a study where the numbers seem a lot more realistic to me: hanging/suffocation- 84.5%, jumping- 46.7%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanksforeverything and Reuthry
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023

I live on the 10th floor but the possibility of surviving the jump really scares me. Because if I fail, I really fuck everything up. That's why I decided to use night-night, it is less lethal and harder to do but I don't know. It's maybe just me and my stupid thoughts. And I am not sure if I can jump because of my SI, and there is a chance that the place I land can collapse (there is a store under that place but it is the only place that I can jump). Somehow tightening my neck with my own hands seems easier to me.
What do you think? Any advice about it? I have always wanted to jump but there isn't a tall building that I can get into, if there was a tall bridge or something I would've jumped already without a doubt (the tallest building here is 21 floors tall and sort of a luxurious place there are security guards etc around). I feel so lost after failing an attempt with NN two days ago, I am planning to attempt again soon and I plan to die this time but I don't know I am so lost in thinking and thinking and thinking things again.

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
I think what people need to understand is, that most people on this forum are looking for a painless way out, sure, but more than that, one that's reliable. Now is hanging, partial or full suspension, both come with a degree of uncomfortableness. Jumping on the other hand, if successful would likely be instant. Now whatever I'm going to say next only applies to partial because I've never been a fan of full suspension mainly due to accessibility issues. But partial hanging means that you can actually test it out, and practice until you're fully ready. Of course I'm not saying complications can't arise but I think that familiarity with a method is something that helps greatly in terms of overcoming SI. If you haven't found the right artery and you're pushing down on your jugular vein instead (The blood rushing to your brain sensation), then you can just abort, try again. On the other hand, there's no realistic way for you to practice jumping unless you're thinking of sky diving or something extreme.

Jumping is also kind of difficult to access if you compare it to partial because not a lot of people have access to high rooftops/cliffs. I personally moved away from the method, despite initially choosing it as my primary one when I couldn't find a place which was at least 200-250 feet off the ground and would let me land on solid concrete. Regardless of how statistically likely I am to die on impact from 100 feet, I do not want to be on the flipside of the statistic. Now if something goes wrong with partial and I wake up, I can still just sit up and cut the rope.

At the end of the day, it's all preference and how much access you have to a method. In an ideal world, everyone would have access to F(my preferred method) or N. But that just isn't realistic.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I would choose hanging but the main thing comes down to accessibility. Hanging doesn't require much resources and can be done with pretty much any thing around the house hold. Jumping requires to find a high enough place that also is accessible to get ontop of. With Hanging, once you Hang you are pretty much gone with in less than 10 to 20 seconds, the only risk would be being found too early or anchor point giving out, which you can be made sure before hand on your end. With Jumping there isn't much you can do on your end to insure fatality except making sure it is high enough. Even then there are chances of survival or not being unconscious and feeling all the excruciating pain until death.

Reactions: Reuthry and monday?
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I live on the 10th floor but the possibility of surviving the jump really scares me. Because if I fail, I really fuck everything up. That's why I decided to use night-night, it is less lethal and harder to do but I don't know. It's maybe just me and my stupid thoughts. And I am not sure if I can jump because of my SI,
What do you think? there isn't a tall building I can get into, if there was a tall I would've jumped already
my thoughts abt it are rlly 1s u already mentioned, it not being as lethal + being a longer, complicated process. idk why ppl think they'd survive a 10 story fall, but would be able to strangle themselves effectively. the fatality rate of jumping vs hanging is 95-98% vs 70%, so u can see which 1 you're statistically more likely to fail & end up as a veggie.

the reason why i decided on an 11 story building is bc i feel like if it was too high, it'd increase the SI & i won't be able to push past it.
where did you get those numbers from? lostallhope puts both methods slightly above 90% and there's no way in hell jumping has a 98% fatality rate

EDIT: actually found a study where the numbers seem a lot more realistic to me: hanging/suffocation- 84.5%, jumping- 46.7%.

???????
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15659471/. this is the 1 for hanging.

this is the 1 for jumping, from the source u referenced.
https://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/jumping-high-building.

https://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/hanging. lostallhope does not say hanging has a 90% success rate. they're a bit liberal w it, but also put it in the 70s. 77%(-88%).

https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...tative-study/EB259F432B70A1B4C71E1B842CC13347 another 1 from Cambridge re: hanging, just bc.

i am not sure why it's so hard for ppl to believe that falling from the proper height basically guarantees death, & is much less likely to fail than other methods. even if there weren't statistics to corroborate it, it makes logical sense.
I would choose hanging but the main thing comes down to accessibility. Hanging doesn't require much resources and can be done with pretty much any thing around the house hold. Jumping requires to find a high enough place that also is accessible to get ontop of. With Hanging, once you Hang you are pretty much gone with in less than 10 to 20 seconds, the only risk would be being found too early or anchor point giving out, which you can be made sure before hand on your end. With Jumping there isn't much you can do on your end to insure fatality except making sure it is high enough. Even then there are chances of survival or not being unconscious and feeling all the excruciating pain until death.
where did u see it takes secs to die by hanging? it takes mins to be sufficiently strangled,
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900131/😭'even then the chances of survival/feeling all the pain', whyyyyy do u guys think u might survive & feel a 10 story fall, but not trying to strangle urself?????? hanging has a mere 70% fatality rate that i cited my multiple sources for above. so i really don't get it.

Last edited:
monday?

monday?

negative utilitarian, toxic nihilist, coomerpilled
Jul 28, 2023
ok so you get 98% lethality if you only take the proper jumps into account, that makes sense
where did u see it takes secs to die by hanging? it takes mins to be sufficiently strangled,
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900131/😭'even then the chances of survival/feeling all the pain', whyyyyy do u guys think u might survive & feel a 10 story fall, but not trying to strangle urself?????? hanging has a mere 70% fatality rate that i cited my multiple sources for above. so i really don't get it.
it takes seconds to lose consciousness and minutes to die

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
ok so you get 98% lethality if you only take the proper jumps into account, that makes sense
yes, that's what all my comments emphasize. proper height, & fall back/forwards. i wouldn't include ppl that didn't do it properly into the lethality of it, & logically i'd presume neither would the ppl making the statistics.

it takes seconds to lose consciousness and minutes to die
i addressed this in my 1st comment more thoroughly, but that's only if u do everything perfectly right, which is another turn off/scary factor for me. if the success rate for hanging alone is 70%, i can't imagine how low the success rate for that is.

Last edited:
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
my thoughts abt it are rlly 1s u already mentioned, it not being as lethal + being a longer, complicated process. idk why ppl think they'd survive a 10 story fall, but would be able to strangle themselves effectively. the fatality rate of jumping vs hanging is 95-98% vs 70%, so u can see which 1 you're statistically more likely to fail & end up as a veggie.

the reason why i decided on an 11 story building is bc i feel like if it was too high, it'd increase the SI & i won't be able to push past it.

???????
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15659471/. this is the 1 for hanging.

https://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/hanging. lostallhope does not say hanging has a 90% success rate. they're a bit liberal w it, but also put it in the 70s. 77%(-88%).

https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...tative-study/EB259F432B70A1B4C71E1B842CC13347 another 1 from Cambridge re: hanging, just bc.

i am not sure why it's so hard for ppl to believe that falling from the proper height basically guarantees death, & is much less likely to fail than other methods. even if there weren't statistics to corroborate it, it makes logical sense.

My reason to choose night-night was like, if I fail and it's something I messed up I probably wouldn't even pass out so like if I survive I probably won't (and I made an attempt and survived and I still function I guess). But I guess I will seriously consider jumping from 10th floor if i fail the attempt I will make in a few days.

My main problem is all the windows are locked (and I tried, I can't unlock it) since my parents learned that I will ctb. There are a few rare times that they keep the balcony door open for a short time like 5 minutes and it's possible for me to sneak into the balcony but the problem begins here. What if I just can't jump because of SI? I need to be fast so no one sees and stops me. And if I can't jump there is a possibility that I can end up in a psych ward again and it's definitely not something I want.

I at first wanted to jump and actually one night, I climbed and I stood up at the outer part of the window sill but just couldn't jump and chickened out I really regret it now. And my dumbass told this to my parents why there was a sound (sound I unintentionally made while climbing I guess) and why I was so pale.

I really am lost in thinking and thinking again. I am terrified of not being able to ctb. I really want to die for sure. But after seeing different opinions I started to overthink about it. I don't know what to do. Do you have any tips to cope with SI just before jumping? Thank you.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Yes it takes minutes to properly die but all the many many hanging videos online indicate unconsciousness sets in with in seconds. Many researchs done by studying different live hanging videos concluded unconsciousness in less than 10 to 15 seconds and death in minutes. There are cases of unsuccessful hanging attempts but those people were discovered too early. Once you are unconsciousness in the noose there is no coming off of it unless some one else brings you down. At the end it is a preference of accessibility and which method gives you a peace of mind.

Reactions: monday?