Alexa

Alexa

Lost cause
Aug 16, 2018
Does anyone know how likely dying from jumping off a motorway bridge is? And what's the chance of becoming retarded?

Reactions: Feline and weedoge
starcrossedfate

starcrossedfate

Passenger
Sep 24, 2018
Depends on the height.

Reactions: Feline, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and weedoge
J

josh228

Student
Sep 25, 2018
The issue is, if its not high enough, you never know. What is high enough? Apparently 150 feet on land and 250 feet on water.

Anything below that you have to aim to land on your head. Now the issue is; you've never jumped off a bridge before, so if the survival instinct kicks in and you correct your position for a leg fall, or side fall , you could be in for a new upgraded version of your hell.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and BaconCheeseburger
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I can barely jump off a small ledge/diving board (...when was the last time I even did jump off a board into a pool??)...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Honestly think you'd have a better chance stepping in front of a speeding lorry, motorway bridges are so low (if you're talking UK).. Leelah Alcorn died by stepping in front of a truck.

Hope you find what you need

Edit: I'd suggest finding something more like a high bridge over water or generally researching your methods better. There hope the other user is happy now. I've had some long days and so I made a very quick not detailed response.

Last edited:
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Do it off a building on hard concrete

Reactions: Feline, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and weedoge
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
perfect, jumping is my method.

Reactions: Feline, Salvacion, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
J

josh228

Student
Sep 25, 2018
Honestly think you'd have a better chance stepping in front of a speeding lorry, motorway bridges are so low (if you're talking UK).. Leelah Alcorn died by stepping in front of a truck.

Hope you find what you need

fuck this method, how dare you bring misery onto someone else?

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
It's called pro choice they are already in misery if they are here

Reactions: Sunset764, Feline, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
J

josh228

Student
Sep 25, 2018
It's called pro choice they are already in misery if they are here

not sure how you misunderstood me, but I meant jumping in front of a lorry and causing at least months of distress to a random stranger who done nothing to you.

Reactions: empty
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
It was just a thought with a reference to a successful suicide. Its not my choice whether OP takes this action or any others that might have traumatised others. Seeing a person fall to the road would also traumatise many but I don't see you attacking OP.

Maybe it might help other people come to the logical choice of suicide too, I can't say that'd be a bad thing.

Lol jk honestly I only brought it up because the motorway thing reminded me of leelahs suicide. Many people go by train or other methods visible to the public and tbh I will never hold another persons happiness over me ending my own misery. I'm willing to traumatise my family by killing myself at all, who cares of if i temporarily traumatise some stranger who probably would be the same sort of person to say "they're selfish for making my commute 30 mins longer"

Tbh I'd probably agree with you if you said it a bit less aggressively

Reactions: clown_17 and Sayo
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
not sure how you misunderstood me, but I meant jumping in front of a lorry and causing at least months of distress to a random stranger who done nothing to you.
Okay I can half relate I have morals

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

josh228

Student
Sep 25, 2018
It was just a thought with a reference to a successful suicide. Its not my choice whether OP takes this action or any others that might have traumatised others. Seeing a person fall to the road would also traumatise many but I don't see you attacking OP.

Maybe it might help other people come to the logical choice of suicide too, I can't say that'd be a bad thing.

Lol jk honestly I only brought it up because the motorway thing reminded me of leelahs suicide. Many people go by train or other methods visible to the public and tbh I will never hold another persons happiness over me ending my own misery. I'm willing to traumatise my family by killing myself at all, who cares of if i temporarily traumatise some stranger who probably would be the same sort of person to say "they're selfish for making my commute 30 mins longer"

Tbh I'd probably agree with you if you said it a bit less aggressively
i dunno man, someone might take your advice and do it. There are real world consequences for your words believe it or not in a forum like this. Your feelings arent my concern here.

I just think if you suicide, dont involve anyone else directly.

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
i dunno man, someone might take your advice and do it. There are real world consequences for your words believe it or not in a forum like this. Your feelings arent my concern here.

I just think if you suicide, dont involve anyone else directly.
It's a method stop being selfish

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Its a cowardly method. There are many ways to cause bodily trauma without hurting others. What happened to your caffeine overdose anyway?
So tempted to say something. But I'll just say bye.

J

josh228

Student
Sep 25, 2018
So tempted to say something. But I'll just say bye.

Involving others in your death is in my opinion disgusting. This is a pro choice forum, not a psycho forum.

Reactions: clown_17 and lv-gras
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Jumping from a bridge at a decent height with traffic below makes it nearly impossible to fail. If you live somewhere like me where we have heavy traffic with big vehicles. Falling from a bridge is an assured death. I am not aware of any chances of mental impairment from a failed jump. Becoming Paralyzed is the only possibility I'm aware of and you have to be incredibly unlucky to have that happen. People die from slipping in the Kitchen all the time. If you are jumping from a bridge you will not survive.

Reactions: clown_17, Salvacion and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Jumping from a bridge at a decent height with traffic below makes it nearly impossible to fail. If you live somewhere like me where we have heavy traffic with big vehicles. Falling from a bridge is an assured death. I am not aware of any chances of mental impairment from a failed jump. Becoming Paralyzed is the only possibility I'm aware of and you have to be incredibly unlucky to have that happen. People die from slipping in the Kitchen all the time. If you are jumping from a bridge you will not survive.
I don't know of many motorway bridges that have a good height, but otherwise yeah.

Please can we stop d
Youre obviously quite manipulative and an attention seeker.
erailing OPs thread more than necessary. You made your point.

J

josh228

Student
Sep 25, 2018
I don't know of many motorway bridges that have a good height, but otherwise yeah.

Please can we stop d

erailing OPs thread more than necessary. You made your point.

ok im done, I apologise to op and about my general aggressiveness. I have strong views against involving others. Lets make peace in that aspect.

Reactions: Salvacion
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
ok im done, I apologise to op and about my general aggressiveness. I have strong views against involving others. Lets make peace in that aspect.
Thats understandable you just said some pretty mean things to miss and I've been her friend for a little while now, she's unique sure but not a shitty manipulative person as you suggest. It's a big misunderstanding and people say stupid shit when they feel threatened or hated or upset.

Have a good day, no worries

J

josh228

Student
Sep 25, 2018
Thats understandable you just said some pretty mean things to miss and I've been her friend for a little while now, she's unique sure but not a shitty manipulative person as you suggest. It's a big misunderstanding and people say stupid shit when they feel threatened or hated or upset.

Have a good day, no worries

you too.