RegretedFeeling

RegretedFeeling

Student
Mar 21, 2021
Can I ask a question in regards to physics?

If there is a river with white caps on it will it still be like hitting concrete or will the rapid stop that effect?

my spot is 325 feet to said river/ stream I don't know. It is pretty rocky and I'm sure I will go eventually. I'm thinking of heliuming myself and drifting off the top.

M

Mohkinstsis_falls

Mar 20, 2021
I don't see why it wouldn't. a head first dive into a shallow river could do it (like those no diving pool signs tell you not to do)

the water moving fast wouldn't really mess with the force you hit the water at. the bay under golden gate bridge isn't completely still either, but plenty of people have died down there.

I don't know if the bridge you're talking about is the one in your profile pic, but i'm 99% sure I know where that bridge is. I don't feel comfortable blowing up that spot, but that bridge is in British Columbia, and it's about a 90 meter drop. the river under that bridge can't be more than 10 meters across, and there are plenty of solid places to hit down there, depending on where you jump (Paved sidewalk, railroad track, rocky shore on each side of the river). I've considered that place as well, and I think it's more than viable any way ya slice it.

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I tried googling difference in surface tension between still water and moving water but can't find anything that shows big differences.

RegretedFeeling

RegretedFeeling

Student
Mar 21, 2021
I don't see why it wouldn't. a head first dive into a shallow river could do it (like those no diving pool signs tell you not to do)

the water moving fast wouldn't really mess with the force you hit the water at. the bay under golden gate bridge isn't completely still either, but plenty of people have died down there.

I don't know if the bridge you're talking about is the one in your profile pic, but i'm 99% sure I know where that bridge is. I don't feel comfortable blowing up that spot, but that bridge is in British Columbia, and it's about a 90 meter drop. the river under that bridge can't be more than 10 meters across, and there are plenty of solid places to hit down there, depending on where you jump (Paved sidewalk, railroad track, rocky shore on each side of the river). I've considered that place as well, and I think it's more than viable any way ya slice it.
Thank you and now that you mention it I'm going to change my picture, I don't want to start a trend.

M

Mohkinstsis_falls

Mar 20, 2021
good idea. i wouldn't want that either.