CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
I've been exploring methods lately, one of them is drowning and I have a few questions about it. For context I'm planning to jump into the detroit river.

1) Is it a lethal method? From what I've been seeing online, people only got saved when they announced it beforehand and got saved immediately. Is it a 100% lethal method if done correctly (avoiding help)?

2) What is the easiest/cheapest ways to add weight to my body and how should I do it. I was thinking to soak my clothes in water and putting it inside a backpack that I can wear. Do I need to add weight to my arms and legs as well?

3) is there any way to reduce the drowning time? I'm an avid swimmer and idk how long I can hold off my SI.

Reactions: Kerrtu and jemetire
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
1. There is a major river near me that people are regularly pulled out dead from from ctb/accident so yes it's a method that does work.

2. I'm considering this method and I'm thinking of wearing a backpack full of dumbbell weights, I can easily get around 40kg in, and padlocking it to my body so I can't get it off when in the water.

3. This im not sure of but I hear hyperventilating before you go in the water will accelerate the drowning process.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Upvote 1
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
A teenage girl from California drowned doing the Wim Hof method, which is essentially hyperventilating then exposing yourself to cold shock. https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/exploration-survival/wim-hof-california-lawsuit/#

Interesting case - I wonder if their lawsuit will prevail or be tossed out as Hof allegedly has warnings on his site regarding his practices. I can understand the parents wanting someone to be held accountable though it's difficult to find rationale when blinded by grief.

I may be misremembering a certain case where a girl paddled out in a kayak or a canoe and weighted her legs with bricks or cinder blocks using some thick rubber cords.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
notverylucid

notverylucid

Truth is... the game was rigged from the start
Aug 18, 2023
I see, hoping that my river is cold enough

Do you know any guides about hyperventilating?

I don't know if this can actually be reliably used for ctb but it serves as a good indicator of what you want to be doing overall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023

I don't know if this can actually be reliably used for ctb but it serves as a good indicator of what you want to be doing overall.

Interesting

My question now is that it is not very clear on when you'd be passing out, which is fine on SWD but is less effective out in a river. How should I proceed?

Upvote 0
notverylucid

notverylucid

Truth is... the game was rigged from the start
Aug 18, 2023
Interesting

My question now is that it is not very clear on when you'd be passing out, which is fine on SWD but is less effective out in a river. How should I proceed?
Here's a thread on shallow water blackout/hyperventilation: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shallow-water-blackout.4315/
Wim Hof method dangers: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/shallow-water-blackout
In general, what you want to do is inhale and exhale as hard as you can in rapid short succession until you feel sufficiently dizzy/lightheaded to near blackout, then you hold your breath as you take the plunge, and ideally you should pass out after 15-30 secs while holding your breath. Take my advice with a grain of salt because I'm largely making a guess here. You should test out hyperventilating yourself so that you know exactly where you need to be at to succeed.

Upvote 0