KLUF

KLUF

Jun 16, 2020
I'm thinking about jumping from 75-85 feet (approx. 25 meters) (don't know exact numbers) on a hard enough surface head-first and backwards so that my back of the head and/or base of the neck is/are the first to take the impact. Sounds like a solid plan, but I'm concerned about the impact part.

Does falling happen so fast that I won't feel any pain and will black out the moment I landed?

In other words, if I landed on my head, would this guarantee blacking out instantly, or I would have to endure some pain before that? I'm very much afraid of staying conscious after the initial impact.
All I want is to not feel pain, obviously.

Thank you for your time.

• Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad and Xiaomi
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
You may find the following chart helpful in comparing levels of agony. It is from "lostallhope".

Reactions: IrRegularjoe, Deleted member 4993 and KLUF
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
If painlessness is what you want, there are probably better ways than jumping. Death isn't guaranteed, and a 25 meter fall has a comparatively low chance to kill you on impact.

Reactions: Lupgevif and KLUF
M

MyLifeMyChoice

Sad man.
Aug 14, 2020
Hello there user @KLUF.

Jumping is more tricky than it looks does not it? I planned to do it earlier as well but dropped the idea because I did not had any sufficiently high buildings.

The people before me posted some helpful information. If you land head first, then there is a good chance of getting knocked unconscious. A fall on the head can cause sufficient injury on the whole brain and leave no part to keep you conscious. A fall from height is clearly worse than a really hard hit to the head with a staff, which can sometimes cause enough trauma to the head to knock one unconscious. Humans are weak creatures, and our thin skulls and large brains make it easy to get knocked out from a single good hit or even get brain damage easily. We do not even have the resilience of many animals, who can continue fighting with chunks of flesh being ripped off from their bodies, even from sensitive organs like genitals and noses. But remember that we are not looking to injure our brains, we are looking to injure our brains enough that we can get unconscious quickly and die from it. You can also die from a fractured neck easily. Both unconsciousness and death are quick if you get your neck broken.

But, one thing that I have seen many people do not understand is that landing head first is not an easy task. Those damned survival instincts would make it harder for you to jump and find peace. You will need to work on keeping yourself calm, and dive properly if you want to land head first. Otherwise there are records of people dying from falling from very small heights because they hurt their enough or got their necks broken. Not landing head first, specially from shorter distances can mean that death is delayed, or you may recover and spend the rest of your life like Dr. Hawkings did.

Reactions: lobster salad, Greenberg and KLUF