apple2myeye!

apple2myeye!

it/its
Jun 3, 2022
hello "Sanctioned Selfcare". i would like to preface this post by stating that i do not hold or support ANY anti-government or anti-authority sentiments and i am CERTAINLY not currently fuming about the seemingly perpetually evil state of the world, if not the entire universe. i would also like to state that i DO NOT believe in any new age HOGWASH and that i DO NOT and HAVE NEVER believed that the planet earth (again, if not the entire universe) is a massive, prison-like hell dimension and that most "old time" religions are and have always been fronts to get people to suffer for as long as possible. that would be UTTERLY ABSURD. i simply want to share with you a collection of incredibly interesting bible verses that i came across recently.

(1 Peter 2:18)
Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

(1 Timothy 6:1)
All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered.

(Colossians 3:22)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

(Ephesians 6:5)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

(Romans 13:1)
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

(Hebrews 13:17)
Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

(1 Peter 2:13-14)
Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

just overall very interesting stuff. what do you guys think? :)

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Jumper Seoirse, lofticries, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
tetra

tetra

supernova
Jun 13, 2022
Ahh, Paul and his letters. I don't remember 1st Peter being so mean! Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy in the Old Testament have a lot of interesting examples as well.

Reactions: Foresight, Jumper Seoirse, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
  • Love
Reactions: Jumper Seoirse, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, apple2myeye! and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
They need something to control the minions. That is why the conservative/prolifers are doing everything in their power to make laws to control everything. :angry: If the people won't follow then just take away their rights.

Reactions: Jumper Seoirse and apple2myeye!
Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

See You @ The Singularity
Mar 31, 2022
Nobody should be PUNished for making a bad joke.....

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Seoirse and not-2-b-the-answer
Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
Very clear that is a man-made tool for population control. :)
Sounds like a mix of historical records, fantasy, rule book, wishful thinking and common sense.

Political authority, religious and military authority often mixed up in the past, some of these comes up not as a surprise.

Hell, if I remember well, there is whole a chapter in the old testament (in deuteronomy?) dedicated to say what a person should do for health safety if certain stains appeared in their walls (probably fungus, but they didn't know at the time).

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Jumper Seoirse
Jumper Seoirse

Jumper Seoirse

Student
Apr 8, 2022
I don't believe in the Bible or Religion, I believe there is something after death, I have watched many films about the Devil and the Supernatural that is based on true events, I'm not Evil and I help where I can but if that's not good enough, sod them I will worship, The Sun :smiling:

I do believe in Good versus Evil we witness and experience it daily, In some stories I read, I think how can that person or persons be so EVIL.

How can you believe in something written so long ago, China rewrote their Bible, lol. The Government would love to rewrite the Bible to say you will go to Hell if you don't pay your taxes, lol.

Cheers

Jumper Seoirse

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Sun_

Sun_

Jul 4, 2022
hello "Sanctioned Selfcare". i would like to preface this post by stating that i do not hold or support ANY anti-government or anti-authority sentiments and i am CERTAINLY not currently fuming about the seemingly perpetually evil state of the world, if not the entire universe. i would also like to state that i DO NOT believe in any new age HOGWASH and that i DO NOT and HAVE NEVER believed that the planet earth (again, if not the entire universe) is a massive, prison-like hell dimension and that most "old time" religions are and have always been fronts to get people to suffer for as long as possible. that would be UTTERLY ABSURD. i simply want to share with you a collection of incredibly interesting bible verses that i came across recently.

(1 Peter 2:18)
Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

(1 Timothy 6:1)
All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered.

(Colossians 3:22)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

(Ephesians 6:5)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

(Romans 13:1)
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

(Hebrews 13:17)
Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

(1 Peter 2:13-14)
Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

just overall very interesting stuff. what do you guys think? :)
Que cada religión tiene su historia y su origen ,soy agnostica

rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
I didn't have to see a couple of lines in the bible to know slavery existed, it's just history.

and who are we to provoke those who believe?
of all places, why here? cant we show that respect to dying people?

• Hugs
Reactions: PreussenBlueJay and not-2-b-the-answer
H

Hookah-smoking-cat

Apr 24, 2022
Keep reading hun. Trust me. Keep reading ❤