N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think both are liars. Maybe it just a stereotype. But I could well imagine Johnny Depp as a violent alcoholic and Amber Heard as manipulative heartless partner. I don't know all details. And I am glad about that it is not really worth my time. But it might the most public court event since the O.J. Simpson trial. And I am quite interested which part the media plays in this drama.

On social media so many people make fun of Amber Heard this is why I sympathize with her. I think a part of it stems from sexism.
Oh I just got the notification. Amber is guilty according to the judges. I could well imagine the jury was influenced by the media coverage. I am glad there are no such juries in my country. Average citizens making the final decision. I rather dislike this idea.

I think many people will think of this is a quite unnecesarry thread. Maybe it is a waste of time thinking about it. But I want to be informed about such events. I don't watch the comedy around it which I consider an inappropriate. I rather want to know why our society is so obsessed about events like that. The metalevel is interesting. And it is a good topic for starting small-talk.

Who do you think is guilty in this case?

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie, TrynaChingMyself, stygal and 3 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
pirates abandon thread GIF

Reactions: WonderingSoul, rationaltake, Un- and 3 others
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
I don't know the full details of the case, but Amber came off as inauthentic throughout (countless examples of bizarre behavior and manipulative tactics like staring the jury and Johnny down, pretending to write notes, etc.)

Either way, neither of them got what they wanted. Amber got 3 charges against her, Johnny received one. He recieved $15 million in damages, which is less than 1/3rd of the $50 million he was seeking. Amber received $2 million, and was seeking $100 million in damages, so the whole thing was a bit pointless for both of them in terms of monetary rewards.

Reactions: Insomniac, cyanol, WonderingSoul and 4 others
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
It's crazy going on social media and seeing everyone so invested in the case. The facecams, the quirky compilations, the sensationalism; it's a lot. I'm so disconnected from all of this lol

They both come off as pretty crazy and toxic, but it's really none of my business at the end of the day.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, dreadpirateroberts69 and 9 others
CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
I think both are liars. Maybe it just a stereotype. But I could well imagine Johnny Depp as a violent alcoholic and Amber Heard as manipulative heartless partner. I don't know all details. And I am glad about that it is not really worth my time. But it might the most public court event since the O.J. Simpson trial. And I am quite interested which part the media plays in this drama.

On social media so many people make fun of Amber Heard this is why I sympathize with her. I think a part of it stems from sexism.
Oh I just got the notification. Amber is guilty according to the judges. I could well imagine the jury was influenced by the media coverage. I am glad there are no such juries in my country. Average citizens making the final decision. I rather dislike this idea.

I think many people will think of this is a quite unnecesarry thread. Maybe it is a waste of time thinking about it. But I want to be informed about such events. I don't watch the comedy around it which I consider an inappropriate. I rather want to know why our society is so obsessed about events like that. The metalevel is interesting. And it is a good topic for starting small-talk.

I don't give a flying fuck about these privileged multi millionaires and their "Problems"

• Informative
Reactions: TrynaChingMyself, l0stc4use, dreadpirateroberts69 and 9 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Amber Heard was found guilty of trying to ruin Johnny Depp's life and career. Well done Johnny. You deserve this win. This is a win for men and woman of vindictive and manipulative abuse the world over. This was a case worth fighting and he and his team did it. Congrats!

Kevin Dillon Win GIF

Last edited:
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I don't give a flying fuck about these privileged multi millionaires and their "Problems"
What is an example of a PSYOP?

One example of PSYOPS is propaganda, a type of communication or advertisement that aims to influence a targeted group's way of thinking or decision-making. Ultimately, the goal of a propaganda campaign is to compel a population to take action in line with a specific message by introducing influential information
wait, sorry that doesn't apply here.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
lol I read her net worth is now like -8 million. I'm richer than Amber Heard.

• Yay!
Reactions: 9BBN, WonderingSoul, WorthlessTrash and 5 others
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
If sexism exists in our society these days, it's 99% against men, especially the past few years. Amber Heard, as a vindictive violent abuser who for years got away with claiming to herself be the victim simply because she has a vagina, is the most transparent example of this. That's why people are so invested in this. It's finally a tiny bit of recognition that, yes, women too are imperfect beings and no, men are not always the evil ones who cause all the world's problems.

• Love
Reactions: Snatsbats, WonderingSoul, Messgram and 3 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Lol as if she wasn't into all the drugs too. At least Johnny doesn't have to share his with her anymore.

• Yay!
Reactions: WorthlessTrash and Lost Magic
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I do think both had some fault in it, and I do think that Amber Heard had more of the fault, at least from what I have heard, which is incomplete. But I don't think he should have won the case, since I think that some of the testimony that he did some doestic violence was true, so then there would be no basis for the defamation victory- there is only a basis for this if he did no violence at all. Obviously the jury disagreed with me, they thought he was completelky innocnt. I didn't hear all of the testimony, though, I just thought that some of it against JOhnny Depp seemed convincing to me, especially from her sister.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I do think both had some fault in it, and I do think that Amber Heard had more of the fault, at least from what I have heard, which is incomplete. But I don't think he should have won the case, since I think that some of the testimony that he did some doestic violence was true, so then there would be no basis for the defamation victory- there is only a basis for this if he did no violence at all. Obviously the jury disagreed with me, they thought he was completelky innocnt. I didn't hear all of the testimony, though, I just thought that some of it against JOhnny Depp seemed convincing to me, especially from her sister.
okay then perhaps you should listen to Amber's, sister's friend's witness testimonial.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
okay then perhaps you should listen to Amber's, sister's friend's witness testimonial.

This doesn't seem to prove anything, just that this person didn't know anything, unless I missed something.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
This doesn't seem to prove anything, just that this person didn't know anything, unless I missed something.
The point is, why didn't the sister or Amber mention all this rampant abuse that was happening. I mean don't friends talk about these types of things? Most of Amber's witnesses were paid or just plain bogus. I didn't see any of her friends or family members jump on her defence, apart from her loyal, but potentially lying, sister. What does that tell you? It should tell you that they are both full of shit.

• Love
Reactions: TheLastFemaphrodyke
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
If sexism exists in our society these days, it's 99% against men
I absolutely knew this take was going to appear here today at some point, I'm surprised the site didn't go down the second the outcome was revealed tbh.

Reactions: Insomniac, 9BBN, archipelago and 6 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The point is, why didn't the sister or Amber mention all this rampant abuse that was happening. I mean don't friends talk about these types of things? Most of Amber's witnesses were paid or just plain bogus. I didn't see any of her friends or family members jump on her defence, apart from her loyal, but potentially lying, sister. What does that tell you? It should tell you that they are both full of shit.
It's very common to hide abuse, it's much more common to hide abuse than to tell everyone you know about it. I do think that Amber was more abusive to Johnny than he was to her, but I do think that Johnny probably did some abuse back- it's just a guess based on what I've seen and heard, nobody knows for sure except for Amber and Johnny.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
It's very common to hide abuse, it's much more common to hide abuse than to tell everyone you know about it. I do think that Amber was more abusive to Johnny than he was to her, but I do think that Johnny probably did some abuse back- it's just a guess based on what I've seen and heard, nobody knows for sure except for Amber and Johnny.
btw I am not saying that Johnny Depp is innocent in all this. He did hook up with the crazy bitch after all. Plus, he definitely had lots of drink and drug related problems. However, he didn't write an OP-ED to ruin his exe's life, career and reputation. Well, rightfully, Johnny was having none of that, took her to court and won the case. That's a result as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: Snatsbats
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
btw I am not saying that Johnny Depp is innocent in all this. He did hook up with the crazy bitch after all. Plus, he definitely had lots of drink and drug related problems. However, he didn't write an OP-ED to ruin his exe's life, career and reputation. Well, rightfully, Johnny was having none of that, took her to court and won the case. That's a result as far as I am concerned.
If he hit her a few times and she hit him a bunch of times and his career was ruined based on him hitting her, which is what seems likely to me, then he shouldn't have won the case in my opinion. oh well, I don't care that much, it's just some chatting to pass the time.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
If he hit her a few times and she hit him a bunch of times and his career was ruined based on him hitting her, which is what seems likely to me, then he shouldn't have won the case in my opinion. oh well, I don't care that much, it's just some chatting to pass the time.
lol, she wanted to be the face of the metoo movement with her wildly exaggerated abuse allegations and it backfired on her. Do you think Amber should have won the case then? I don't get it.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I could care less about this garbage, but I will say Depp is one good looking dude especially when he was younger. I never heard of Heard 😁 before the trial, but good lord she's a beauty.

• Yay!
Reactions: Marine and Cathy Ames
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I could care less about this garbage, but I will say Depp is one good looking dude especially when he was younger. I never heard of Heard 😁 before the trial, but good lord she's a beauty.
bit of a superficial input basing it on looks but whatever works for you I guess.

Reactions: cyanol, Foresight and newave3
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
For me, in all honesty, I don't care what other guys look like- thoug I do like his acting in certain films, especially in Ed Wood, the story of Hollywood's worst director. which was hilarious. She is attractive, but I've never bought into Hollywood having the most attractive women- there are more atrractive girls you see at the gym or the grocey store or wherever every day, in my opinion.

Reactions: newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
bit of a superficial input basing it on looks but whatever works for you I guess.
Forgive me, where I live I'm surrounded by unattractive ghetto types.

• Yay!
Reactions: Lost Magic
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Y'all wanna know the ACTUAL role the media plays in this drama? Distracting you from things that have a real, tangible effect on your lives. The endless cycle of bread and circuses to keep us complicit, to keep us from taking the fight to people who own everything and are actively profiting from killing the planet and keeping most of humanity in perpetual precarity. None of this shit matters at all.

• Love
Reactions: whatevs, 9BBN, archipelago and 11 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Y'all wanna know the ACTUAL role the media plays in this drama? Distracting you from things that have a real, tangible effect on your lives. The endless cycle of bread and circuses to keep us complicit, to keep us from taking the fight to people who own everything and are actively profiting from killing the planet and keeping most of humanity in perpetual precarity. None of this shit matters at all.
I hear you and I agree to an extent. However, this trial is a lot more significant than you think. Before this the metoo movement was just going after people (mostly men) despite significant proof and judged in the courts of public opinion. Now, it evens things out a bit and shows there is always another side to a story. If Johnny, didn't come out and speak his truth, then he knew that a lot of people would consider him to be a violent abuser. Hopefully, this has taught humanity that you can't just slander somebody just to serve your own crazed needs. Justice was served, in my opinion.

Reactions: Nolan96 and newave3
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I hear you and I agree to an extent. However, this trial is a lot more significant than you think. Before this the metoo movement was just going after people (mostly men) despite significant proof and judged in the courts of public opinion. Now, it evens things out a bit and shows there is always another side to a story. If Johnny, didn't come out and speak his truth, then he knew that a lot of people would consider him to be a violent abuser. Hopefully, this has taught humanity that you can't just slander somebody just to serve your own crazed needs. Justice was served, in my opinion.
It doesn't do that tbf, this trial is not a battle of the genders as much as it's a mutually abusive relationship played out in the worst way possible, through libel courts. A very uncomfortable aspect of this is how it's been jumped on by MRA types as some kind of benchmark ruling, as if this case sets some kind of legal precedent to justify any "women are evil snakes and it's actually men who are the real victims" rhetoric thereafter. Amber Heard is undoubtedly a thoroughly unpleasant personality but this defamation suit between two mega rich celebrities is not a socio-political watershed. Nor does this discount "me too", it's very off imo that this lawsuit would be celebrated as an end to an assumed persecution of the male as if Harvey Weinstein et al never existed. There are legit criticisms of "me too" imo, but this one ain't it.

Reactions: 9BBN, GentleJerk, WonderingSoul and 8 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Wll try 2 bullt pnt 2 mke easr 2 rd

* Ambr Hrd ws cght lyng on mltple occasns

* Duplic8 phtogrphs whch hd bn phtoshppd wre admttd as evdnce b4 b-ing d-bunkd durng th/ trl

* Thre ws n/ tangbl evdnce tht Dpp ws physclly absve w/ hr dspite all th/ phtogrphs & vdeos & audio rcordngs tht Ambr tk thrgh th rlatnshp

* Thre wre mltple phtogrphs shwng Jhnny Dpp w/ bruiss & blck-ey as wll as losng prt of hs fingr - thre wre also audio rcordngs of Ambr goadng Dpp & tauntng hm dspte b-ing 'terrfd' of hm

* = nt sexsm issu - = mre 'vctms of d.v / s.a' issu - bth mn & womn r angry @ hr bcse 1) mn hve bn in thse rlatnshps & sh/ = Xampl of wht thy wnt thrgh & 2) womn fght v hrd 2 b belvd whn comng out abt thr own xperiencs & Ambr tk advntge & weapnsd & d-valud evrythng tht fmle victms hd fght fr whch mns tht womn wll lkely nt b belvd agn

*i.m.o thy mght b celbrtis & trl mght b 'dstrctn' e.t.c bt thre r real-wrld ramficatns fr lts of ppl & i.m.o sme1 wh/ uss a lrge platfrm 2 try 2 dstry sme1 shld b d-bunkd jst as publclly

• Love
Reactions: cyanol and Suicidebydeath