• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sabitsuki

Sabitsuki

Rusting away...
Jul 29, 2024
Hi everyone, I have a family that you could describe as "anti-diagnosis" so I can't talk about neurodivergence with them or try for disability support.
I was also "unschooled" (ask if want definition/details)

I have classic depressive symptoms (can't get out of bed, can't organize tasks, physical weakness+injury) and multiple people have pointed out there's something seriously wrong with my posture, way of dressing, eye contact, missing patches of hair and so on. Not sure who would want to pick someone like that at an interview.

I'm thinking something online, there's some stuff I could teach over voice call or text, but I'm stuck on how to build up a presence/reputation from scratch.
Is it worth it to fight mood swings enough to manage social media?
Or a way to masking/looking well enough to get hired IRL? I've been struggling with both for over a year.

Thank you for reading

• Hugs
Reactions: rebelnow111, hxtel, Life_and_Death and 2 others
Gangrel

Gangrel

Jul 25, 2024
Unironically an office job

I have one and while i do have a lot of work sometimes i can stay on my phone and browsing the internet. It sucks sometimes and soul crushing when you just sit there all day but better than fuck up your body outside doing some factory work.

Reactions: Sabitsuki
Upvote 0
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
1st off, WELCOME to SaSu my new good friend. So wonderful having you with everyone.

Now the position aspect. I have been in the business world for over 40 years, I am 68 and still work. Of course, it all depends on what you enjoy doing, as that is the number 1 aspect to keep in mind I feel. If one does not want to face it for x hours each day, it will be pure hell.

AS far as physical looks, the hell with that! I have always and everything that I have seen, unless one is going to be on TV, movies the like, it is brains and what does one bring to the table.

I have always seen folks getting hired for their intelligence, work ethic and if needed working in a group.

I would 1st take a huge, long look at what you like/love to do, see if there is a market for that. Usually on the net, yes and hone one's resume and polish interviewing skills.

Believe me, it is your brains, work ethic and the like that is what a company and/or person hires NOT looks.

Heavens if it was looks, I would have starved to death back in the 1980's!

Always around if you would like to chat.

Lots of well wishes to you and again, WELCOME!!!!!!!

Walter

Upvote 0
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
I was also "unschooled" (ask if want definition/details)
I'm interested to hear more. I've seen some videos on this and the attitude the parents had was that their kids will only learn reading/writing/math if they feel like it and it won't be "forced" on them... so then these kids grow up not being able to do any of that, because of course children will choose to spend their time playing over anything else when given free reign. You can obviously read and write just fine, so did this term mean something different for you? Did you end up getting a HS diploma or college degree despite whatever happened?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sabitsuki and whywere
Upvote 0
sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
could also be customer service of some company while working at home

idk it really depends on what u need

like is salary really important? sure u might wanna make millions but realistically?

do u wanna work at home or would u prefer to go outside

etcetcetc

Upvote 0
Sabitsuki

Sabitsuki

Rusting away...
Jul 29, 2024
Thank you for the replies everyone, I will try for an office job :)
could also be customer service of some company while working at home

idk it really depends on what u need

like is salary really important? sure u might wanna make millions but realistically?

do u wanna work at home or would u prefer to go outside

etcetcetc
Anything that gives me a bit of independence so I'm not homeless/dead if my parents decide they've had enough of me, rent is unfortunately like 2000$ a month for a one-person apartment where I live
I'm interested to hear more. I've seen some videos on this and the attitude the parents had was that their kids will only learn reading/writing/math if they feel like it and it won't be "forced" on them... so then these kids grow up not being able to do any of that, because of course children will choose to spend their time playing over anything else when given free reign. You can obviously read and write just fine, so did this term mean something different for you? Did you end up getting a HS diploma or college degree despite whatever happened?
For me it means homeschooling but the parents don't get any outside help and stop trying to teach the kid themselves.
In my case, once I could do basic reading and writing and maths, I was expected to be responsible for all my own teaching and disciplined otherwise. There were many reasons I didn't know to report my parents but I was genuinely convinced it was better than having to go to school.
(It can be, IF the child is seriously bullied or disadvantaged and changing schools didn't work. In that case it's really important the parents make sure there's a lot of outside support because even homeschoolers with a good education say they regret it because it messes up your ability to socialize and keep friends.)

I have a couple high school credits from doing piano exams but no HS diploma or college degree.

• Informative
Reactions: Cinnamorolls
Upvote 0
Sabitsuki

Sabitsuki

Rusting away...
Jul 29, 2024
President of the USA
In shocking turn of events, the winner of the 2024 election is foreign write-in candidate Sabitsuki!! All mansions and golf courses have been made illegal and sold to fund sick people and bizarre "cat paradise megacomplex" which we will hear more about in a press conference tonight at 8

• Yay!
Reactions: rosepanda and hxtel
Upvote 0