• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

annxietty

annxietty

anxious
Mar 27, 2023
I just read "The Stranger" by Camus and had "Nausea" on my bookshelf for quite a while, I thought It was the perfect read to follow "The Stranger"... Im curious to see if other people here have read it (Nausea) and what your opinions on the book are.
Thanks.

iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
I'm still reading Nausea because I bought the physical copy a few days back, but I also adore Camus books (he's my favorite author).

As far as I've read, I love the way Antoine Roquentin describes physical sensations (it's unique for me because many writers focus more on the emotional aspect more). If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to hear your thoughts about this book after you finish it.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I read both books in my 20's. I didn't understand them. Not really. I wanted to. I thought I did. But life had not beaten the living daylight out of me yet, so I couldn't even begin to comprehend what they were saying.

Fast forward 20 something years later and these books might very well be called "Callie Arcale - a life; Volume I and II".

Depressing really. Bordering on obscene. Why couldn't my life have been a Jane Austen novel? "Careful there, vicar!"

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I've read it years ago when I was in highschool. The title is fitting. It left me feeling nauseated

hailspark

hailspark

hail
Jan 23, 2024
I just read "The Stranger" by Camus and had "Nausea" on my bookshelf for quite a while, I thought It was the perfect read to follow "The Stranger"... Im curious to see if other people here have read it (Nausea) and what your opinions on the book are.
Thanks.
I read Nausea a few months ago, it was a beautiful novel and the title fits as it made me feel almost nauseous. I initially read the book because I thought it would be depressing, but I honestly found it difficult to sympathize with any of the characters. Its a very honest book, and Satres writing is amazing but I actually didn't love it. I still highly recommend it as Satres philosophy is interesting and a Roquentins descriptions of the world around him are so strangely and wonderfully written. It honestly depends on what you're looking for but it would be fitting to read subsequent The Stranger.

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
I just checked the book out of the library and we'll give it a read. I'm not optimistic I will be able to get through it because my ability to get through books is challenging unless I'm really engaged. 🤷‍♂️