Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
This thread is for topics related to Japan and Japanese culture.

Anime/Manga/Movies/News/History and more.

Tokyo japan chureito red pagoda and mount fuji

• Love
Reactions: Meteora, Illidan77 and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022

• Love
Reactions: une vie grotesque, Hikikomori1 and Eternal Bliss
deathistheaesthetic

deathistheaesthetic

call me lalo
Dec 1, 2020
I'm really big on Japanese music and cinema. Would absolutely love to visit that place. Probably the most beautiful country on Earth, or at the very least it's up there with Italy or Spain.

• Love
Reactions: Meteora and Hikikomori1
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Anyone else into Japanese urban legends?
I feel really bad for Hikiko-san.

• Love
Reactions: Hikikomori1 and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

Aug 26, 2022
Anyone else into Japanese urban legends?
I feel really bad for Hikiko-san.
Is that the slit mouthed woman, or whatever it's called? I'm more familiar with cryptids. There was an anime on Japanese urban legends I used to watch.
Have you heard of Inunaki Village?
C27A7A23 F7A4 4DCA 883E 02B6533D32EB

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
leloyon

leloyon

Feb 4, 2023
Is that the slit mouthed woman, or whatever it's called? I'm more familiar with cryptids. There was an anime on Japanese urban legends I used to watch.
Have you heard of Inunaki Village?
View attachment 114451
I'm aware of the slit-mouthed woman, but no, Hikiko-san was different. She was a girl who got bullied at school and abused at home to the point that she became deformed from the abuse. She committed suicide and is now a ghost that drags people on the ground by the leg until death, though stories differ on what exactly causes people to be dragged around (some say she drags her bullies, others say she drags any bullies who pick on weak children, others say she appears on rainy days and drags any child she sees that isn't abused or bullied like her, etc.)
I am vaguely familiar with cryptids, though not Japanese ones, only the well-known ones like bigfoot, mothman, etc. though I'm named after a "cryptid" (I disagree with them being labelled as such, but whatever)
And yes, I am familiar with the Inunaki Village. Do you have the name of that anime? I would like to see it.

Reactions: Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

Aug 26, 2022
I am vaguely familiar with cryptids, though not Japanese ones, only the well-known ones like bigfoot, mothman, etc. though I'm named after a "cryptid" (I disagree with them being labelled as such, but whatever)

Ah, I'm aware of that one. Your username used to be a popular urban legend, I remember it's heyday and the letter they left.
And yes, I am familiar with the Inunaki Village. Do you have the name of that anime? I would like to see it.
I never watched much after the second season, it's supposedly urban legends mixed in with made up episodes by the directors following season 1.

Reactions: sserafim
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
So...you actually do like Japan then?

Reactions: Hikikomori1
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I consider Japan to be a dead nation. They lost their final battle for existence in 1945. Now they're huddling in their islands, and when the American people kill themselves (personal suicide is nice, collective suicide is stupid), I'm really curious how Japan is going to fare. Will they submit to the Chinese? Or will they be starved to death in a blockade, and then the Juche Koreans will kill their male population and turn it into East Korea, healing the divide?

I hate anime, I consider the Japanese a discount version of Chinese... Yet of course, they're still Christianity-free, and I would take Japan over any disgusting European country (let alone a Muslim one). So while I may appear harsh, I'm still mortally envious.

In April-June 2023, I talked to a person for the first time ever who wasn't my mom, and it was apparently a Japanese girl whom I convinced to postpone roping. So that's literally an isekai dream - wasted on me, because I hate anime.

Still, this event prompted me to start learning Kanji because it's an anti-Semitic writing system (and because Chinese tones are too hard to pronounce).

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
...says the Ukrainian...

They didn't lose their 'final battle for existence' in 1945. That's a silly interpretation of history. 'Discount version of Chinese' is really moronic imo. Anyway.

I'm quite interested to seeing how Japan opens up to foreigners, as they are recognising the falling birth rate is definitely a problem.

I like anime, but it's not really reflective of Japan in reality, anymore that caricatures of London reflect reality there.

Wow japan

Last edited:
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

I'm quite interested to seeing how Japan opens up to foreigners, as they are recognising the falling birth rate is definitely a problem.
Yeah, that'll be an interesting one to see.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
I'm quite interested to seeing how Japan opens up to foreigners,

Mass immigration will ruin Japan,

It was not meant to be a diverse individualistic society like the USA.

Japan is a conservative conformist culture.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meteora
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
It has the biggest percentage of senior citizens in the world, and a high life expectancy.

It will have to embrace some, like it or not.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
It has the biggest percentage of senior citizens in the world, and a high life expectancy.

It will have to embrace some, like it or not.

Disregarding the fact that there are young Japanese too.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I always found it revealing that the only fully "developed" country that wasn't caucasian had a very strict immigration system, was rumoured to be racist, and had a really high standard of living. They nearly put the boots to the "anglo" empire in the 1980s if I recall, which caused a lot of consternation in north america. I don't imagine them benefiting from pluralism more than any other country, so I don't see a bright future ahead for them, sadly.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Disregarding the fact that there are young Japanese too.
Well, there are, obviously, but that's apparently not going to solve the problem.

I'm just going off political statements made by the Japanese administration. I'm sure you've read similar. Don't think it's me calling for multiculturalism here.

(I didn't know that Monaco had a higher proportion of senior citizens, but that's a moot point as they're rich retirees who don't need to young to support them, perhaps a hand in cleaning their yachts.)

That's just one example. If the PM is saying that, then there clearly are huge problems. In my opinion, politicians come out with such statements to begin preparing their people.

The obvious solution is obvious, and people will have to change their attitudes. I guess time will tell.

You get the drift from many articles like this:

...don't shoot the messenger, ok?

Last edited:
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Moving the thread away from politics.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
What is your favorite Japanese food?

I like these.

2016 08 16 204409 IMG 9426 Calbee potato chips pizza potato 63g Ed0071 800x800

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

Student
Dec 11, 2023
Katsu-don - best dish ever made, and I will vigorously debate that with anyone that disagrees!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 18.48.03.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 18.48.03.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Hikikomori1
leloyon

leloyon

Feb 4, 2023
Since music was brought up, I went to a concert for the first time since BABYMETAL was playing in the city over. It has really reignited my interest in Japanese music.
I mostly listen to Alstroemeria Records, though, or the FLCL OST by The Pillows, though I have been listening to more recently since that concert. I really like 88Kasyo Junrei and BAND-MAID. I used to listen to Shinsei Kamattechan all the time back in 2020, but I barely listen to them nowadays.
I listen to other bands, of course, but those are the ones I have listened to a lot recently.
I really enjoyed the concert despite the inherent discomfort in going outside and having to interact with others (kept it a minimum, but still had to do some interaction to find the venue, find my way around the venue, etc.), I wish I lived in Japan, maybe I would be more comfortable and I could go to more concerts, with less trouble. While I do not deny the problems in Japanese society, I think my chances of getting mugged or stabbed at random would be significantly smaller if I lived there, and thus I could live more comfortably.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
I wish I lived in Japan, maybe I would be more comfortable and I could go to more concerts, with less trouble. While I do not deny the problems in Japanese society, I think my chances of getting mugged or stabbed at random would be significantly smaller if I lived there, and thus I could live more comfortably.

I feel the same way.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Anyone else on here a fan of Japanese trains?

Images 1

• Love
Reactions: Pluto and Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023

AI generated? Looks like my country.

@Hikikomori1 Germany? May I ask why?

I dont know soo much about Japan but I definitly think it is a fascinating country and would love to visit it.
Mass immigration will ruin Japan,

It was not meant to be a diverse individualistic society like the USA.

Japan is a conservative conformist culture.
Why will there be mass immigration? Sorry if it is a stupid question.

I like Cherry Blossom Poems : )
Simple and beautiful:

The blossoms fall
and then the cherry.
Before resurrection

comes the bury.

Last edited: