Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I'm so annoyed with her. I really couldn't be bothered to go this week and dispite giving 24 hours notice she said I had to pay the full amount for the session. I don't feel she's helped me much, last week she spent at least 10 minutes telling me how she felt about us a different room and another 5 about her feelings that it didn't have wall clocks.
So I finally contacted my health insurance company (perk of being a nurse in a private hospital) and found out I'm covered for psychotherapy with one of their approved practitioners. I have my first session on Monday.
Dispite telling her this she emailed back about the importance of an ending session. Wtf? She expects me to pay another £60 so she can get closure! I'd understand it more if we'd naturally come to the end as she'd helped me.
Trouble is I hate feeling I'm doing wrong by someone and sort of feel obliged to go.

• Hugs
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: DFFP, Cowtipper, Lostandlooking and 10 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I get you, I have a super hard time saying no to people and I can see myself in your shoes.

But you don't owe her anything. You should not do something that makes you uncomfortable just to please a health care provider. I won't even address the part where you'd have to pay for it, coz that's just crazy. Keep your 60£ and go do something nice for yourself!

Good luck:heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Secrets1, Invisible 73 and 11 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
sounds like your therapist has her job backwards. other then that im just gonna tell you i second @XYZ

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Cowtipper, Ghost2211 and 8 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
like xyz said, you don't owe her anything. especially if she hasn't helped you. i hope your psychotherapy goes well.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Cowtipper, Deleted member 94 and 3 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Don't burn $60 yo

Reactions: LittleJem, AnnonyBox, Cowtipper and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I had the very same problem with a therapist some years ago. She forced me to have an ending session (and pay, of course).
Was it worthy? Nope.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Invisible 73, Cowtipper and 4 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I'm so annoyed with her. I really couldn't be bothered to go this week and dispite giving 24 hours notice she said I had to pay the full amount for the session. I don't feel she's helped me much, last week she spent at least 10 minutes telling me how she felt about us a different room and another 5 about her feelings that it didn't have wall clocks.
So I finally contacted my health insurance company (perk of being a nurse in a private hospital) and found out I'm covered for psychotherapy with one of their approved practitioners. I have my first session on Monday.
Dispite telling her this she emailed back about the importance of an ending session. Wtf? She expects me to pay another £60 so she can get closure! I'd understand it more if we'd naturally come to the end as she'd helped me.
Trouble is I hate feeling I'm doing wrong by someone and sort of feel obliged to go.
Then refuse it. You're in charge, not her.
Christ, sales people can't tell you to buy their produce or service.

It's just more money for her.

Get a different therapist if you feel you need a different one.

• Love
Reactions: Invisible 73, Cowtipper, esse_est_percipi and 2 others
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020
like xyz said, you don't owe her anything. especially if she hasn't helped you. i hope your psychotherapy goes well.
Thank you
I had the very same problem with a therapist some years ago. She forced me to have an ending session (and pay, of course).
Was it worthy? Nope.
A common thing then.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, Lilacmoon and XYZ
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Sadly i have experienced that many therapists are in it for the money more than the need to help people. I think this is tge case here. She shoukdnt be speaking to you for 15 mins about her feelings. Thats crazy.
Id say that you dont feel that you need closure and your going to be ok.
But if she needs closure maybe the session could be free.
So many therapists take advantage of good natured people that dont want to upset others.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, AnnonyBox, DFFP and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you were within the 24 hours then you don't owe her. And even if you do, it's worth the money to not go.

You don't need an ending session. That's like breaking up with someone and then they say you need a final date to end the relationship. Creeeeepy.

You're not obligated to her. It sounds like she's playing a mind game with the fee to get you to come in one last time. Based on that and how she took over your session to make it about everything but you, I'd say she doesn't have good boundaries and to stick with your decision to get away from her. She's trying to hoover you back. Run! :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: esse_est_percipi, Lilacmoon, GoneGoneGone and 2 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Same. I fired my therapist 6 days in advance, and she told me there is the opportunity of an ending session to wrap things up. I sussed her out whether I'd have to pay and she said she was offering a service. So I said "no, I'm good." These people make me beyond disgusted.

• Love
Reactions: DFFP, Cowtipper, Lostandlooking and 3 others
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020
Sadly i have experienced that many therapists are in it for the money more than the need to help people. I think this is tge case here. She shoukdnt be speaking to you for 15 mins about her feelings. Thats crazy.
So many therapists take advantage of good natured people that dont want to upset others.
Yes she knows exactly how low my self worth is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, Lostandlooking, Lilacmoon and 1 other person
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Curb stomp her authority. She doesn't get dictate when you see her or don't. You're the patient, you're in control.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, Meditation guide, Lilacmoon and 2 others
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020
Thanks for all the replies, you've helped me make up my mind. Now if someone could just email her for me..... :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, Cowtipper, Lostandlooking and 3 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Yes and so many therapists think they're in charge, when they're not. To be blunt about it.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Cowtipper, Xocoyotziin and 4 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Just say...

Hi xxx,

No, I don't need an ending session. No, I don't owe you any money. Take it up with the small claims (?) court but please leave me alone.

Best,
Xxx

• Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, Lilacmoon, Cherrypea and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Sorry to tie two threads together but you could go to the last session and talk about your masturbation habits and nothing else for an hour?

Reactions: nitroautnz and Cherrypea
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
You have to be like a totally different animal, psycho and desperate, to try to squeeze some 60 bucks from someone who doesn't want to see you

• Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, Lostandlooking and Mm80
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
She was trying to milk your mental illnesses for more money >:|

Reactions: LittleJem, Cowtipper and Mm80
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Sorry to tie two threads together but you could go to the last session and talk about your masturbation habits and nothing else for an hour?
Why pay to talk about her masturbation habits when she could get paid for that :devil: Make a YT channel darling

• Love
Reactions: Cherrypea, Cowtipper and Mm80
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
what is an ending session anyway? like does she want you to spend $60 to say goodbye, because you can just email her that for free lol
Why pay to talk about her masturbation habits when she could get paid for that :devil: Make a YT channel darling
my ex actually suggested i did this. like wtf dude lol

• Hugs
Reactions: GoneGoneGone and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
what is an ending session anyway? like does she want you to spend $60 to say goodbye, because you can just email her that for free lol

my ex actually suggested i did this. like wtf dude lol
Basically you just stay hugged for a full hour rubbing each others backs

• Love
Reactions: Cherrypea, Xocoyotziin and GoneGoneGone
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Thanks for all the replies, you've helped me make up my mind. Now if someone could just email her for me..... :pfff:

I suggest you go no contact. Don't communicate with her at all. As long as you're in contact, she will try to wield power.

You've already cancelled, she doesn't accept your no, that's her problem. If you're stressing about writing to her, you're taking responsbility for her problem.

Reactions: Cherrypea and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Omg this too funny :pfff:
And theres a twist. While you are in the hugging position, the therapist secretly tries to pick your pockets one last time

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, BitterlyAlive, Cherrypea and 3 others
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Basically you just stay hugged for a full hour rubbing each others backs
The irony is this would probably be more effective than any therapy I've ever gotten.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, WearyWanderer, Meditation guide and 2 others
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020
Oh I've already heard a long story about her reproductive system!

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, checkouttime, Meditation guide and 2 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Oh I've already heard a long story about her reproductive system!
Yeah! These people use your time to talk about themselves! Narcissists!

Lol, I'm starting to believe we had the same therapist

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Meditation guide and Cherrypea