tiredcat

tiredcat

tired
Nov 6, 2023
i just find it funny that a few days ago you would never catch me logging onto a website consistently. yesterday i literally spent 2 full hours on here.

i don't know if it's helping me or making things worse but it's really comforting knowing so many people feel like i do. and if i can help someone even a little bit on this forum it feels nice.

again sending love to everyone here <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Twntysix, carac and 5 others
higherthanthesun

higherthanthesun

Dead
Nov 9, 2023
I am in the same boat, never used any kind of forum website before but just joined yesterday and I've been on here quite a bit.

I find it fascinating, I never knew people had the same thoughts as me, well I guess I did but I didn't know there was this kind of platform to recite them.

I'm not sure if this is helping me either but I definitely feel a sense of community here and that can't be a bad thing right?

Anyways, sending love <3

• Hugs
Reactions: tiredcat, tiger b and WAITING TO DIE
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
When I first found out about this forum I was so interested and checked the site out a lot. Not with the intention of ctb, but just because I've felt that way many times in my past and was just so curious about this forum. Now, I only check this forum once every other month or so, but it's nice to have an uncensored and mature discussion on things like suicide or just off topic discussions. It's crazy because its sort of a taboo subject (both in real life and other online communities) yet it's still one of the highest leading causes of death, especially for people in the 10-30 year old range https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/suicide and only being beat by "unintentional injury".

But yeah anyways, I think this site is interesting. It reminds you that you're not the only person who has these thoughts. Shit, even Abraham Lincoln experienced suicidal ideation, which has always impacted me since I've heard that. Obviously I would not wish anyone else to feel that way, but it's oddly comforting to know you're not alone. And I'm not a fan of encouraging people to ctb (many people on this forum seem to be on that side, I do not), but in a weird way, I've grown to understand the morals behind that perspective. Sometimes in life we can feel so helpless, like there's no escape to the pain in our heart. It can be so unbearable that death seems like the only escape to pain. And after spending time here, I can see the other perspective of how cruel it seems to "force" someone to endure that pain (rather than escape it through death). I still don't agree with encouraging people to ctb but it's a interesting moral question. Which is more moral? You could argue for either side honestly.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a result of this forum, maybe it's life experience and my studying of stoicism & philosophy, but I don't fear death anymore. I've come to accept it. In fact our inevitable death is what makes life so inherently valuable, not that there is an inherent meaning to life, but in the simple fact that it is so short, there is inherent value. And once we are gone, that's it. Within seconds we lose consciousness & sensory awareness. Within minutes our brain activity is completely inactive. And within a few months only a skeleton will remain as the flora and fauna of earth will repurpose the atoms that once made up our flesh... it's a beautiful thing, the circle of life. The harder we try to fight nature and cling onto life, the more it slips through our fingers. All we can do is appreciate the beauty of our fleeting lives while we are still here and help each other along the way. Much love :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: higherthanthesun and tiredcat