Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Now that the order has gone through, the anxiety is starting to kick in HARD. My main worry is getting a welfare check, since I don't quite know if I'll be able to fool the cops into thinking everything is fine. I could tell the truth and say it's for suicide, but that my therapist and I have a deal that I can keep a method on hand as long as I promise not to use it/keep it as a last resort (not an uncommon arrangement between therapist and patient). I'm not sure if saying it's for curing meat will be convincing, and I'm not sure how to cook up a story that would make that convincing.

Does anyone know if someone's gotten a welfare check in the US after ordering from DMC?

The only post I've seen of such a case is when a user's roommate found their package and called the cops, but this won't be a concern for me. I'm also aware that welfare checks tend to be more of a concern in places like the UK or Canada, and also when a source gets busted and everyone's addresses and receipts fall into law enforcement's hands. This happened when Kenneth Law got caught. People in both the US and Canada got welfare checks. And unfortunately, DMC also stores customer info, so if he gets busted and some of us haven't used our SN by then, we should expect a visit from our friends in blue. But this knowledge doesn't soothe my anxious thoughts, I can't help it. So I'm hoping some of you may have personal experience ordering from DMC in the US or have stories from others that might put me at ease.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Cynacs, CantDoIt, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
I have seen no evidence of buying SN from DMC triggering a welfare check in the US. There are reports of people who were living with the person reporting it, but since that's not a concern for you, you should be fine. My order came through without a hitch.

• Love
Reactions: Zhendou, RoseGarden and Plato'sCaveDweller
Upvote 0
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Echoing the above, welfare checks are unlikely. DMC also knows what's up and will (I heard/saw) label the package as something else on the outside etc, you should be A-OK.

• Love
Reactions: Zhendou, RoseGarden and Plato'sCaveDweller
Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
I have seen no evidence of buying SN from DMC triggering a welfare check in the US. There are reports of people who were living with the person reporting it, but since that's not a concern for you, you should be fine. My order came through without a hitch.
this is really good to hear. when did you make the order, if you don't mind me asking? i'm curious since recently the House of reps passed the youth poisoning act and it seems that SN is in the spotlight negatively, so I'm not sure if that plays a factor here (even though SN has not been made illegal yet).
Echoing the above, welfare checks are unlikely. DMC also knows what's up and will (I heard/saw) label the package as something else on the outside etc, you should be A-OK.
that's also good to hear. i'm hoping it passes through customs with no issues.

• Love
Reactions: opheliaoveragain
Upvote 0
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
I just got mine early last week.

Reactions: vanillamilkshakes, Plato'sCaveDweller and opheliaoveragain
Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
I just got mine early last week.
awesome! well that is good news. I appreciate the response, it's certainly helping a bit. maybe i'll actually be able to fall asleep tonight lmao

Reactions: SVEN and opheliaoveragain
Upvote 0
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
DMC was confirmed to be up and fuctional etc, a good handful of people have recently received theirs, I'm sure yours will be totally alright. Try to get some rest haha<3

• Love
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
DMC was confirmed to be up and fuctional etc, a good handful of people have recently received theirs, I'm sure yours will be totally alright. Try to get some rest haha<3
Lol thank you, I will try. It should be here pretty soon since I paid for expedited shipping. He's been emailing me and apparently I'll be getting a tracking number sometime today, so things are moving!

• Love
Upvote 0
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Lol thank you, I will try. It should be here pretty soon since I paid for expedited shipping. He's been emailing me and apparently I'll be getting a tracking number sometime today, so things are moving!
Keep us updated if you want! <3

Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Keep us updated if you want! <3
For sure. I'll probably come back with an update once I've gotten the SN, or if any issues pop up that someone else may have had and can assist. I appreciate you all being here to talk and answer questions. I'm really glad I made an account instead of trying to go-it alone and remain a lurker. Really helps to be able to talk to others who actually know what's up. This has always been an awesome community from what I've seen during my years lurking.

thanks again :)

• Love
Upvote 0
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
For sure. I'll probably come back with an update once I've gotten the SN, or if any issues pop up that someone else may have had and can assist. I appreciate you all being here to talk and answer questions. I'm really glad I made an account instead of trying to go-it alone and remain a lurker. Really helps to be able to talk to others who actually know what's up. This has always been an awesome community from what I've seen during my years lurking.

thanks again :)
Once the conversation feature opens up for you, shoot me a message <3 I was gonna message you but I suppose it's not available yet. We're glad you're here, no one should have to go through the stages of this alone, if they don't want to, no matter which side of the forum they're on.

Upvote 0
Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
Hello, I'm the user you mentioned who's roommate opened my package.

It came very quickly and they didn't even have me sign for it—it was just left at our door like any other package. The cops didn't come and do a welfare check on me at all so I wouldn't worry to much

• Hugs
Upvote 0
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Student
Apr 30, 2024
DMC label the exterior package as something else, so maybe keep it in the outer package for now? And research pottery or concrete hardening or whatever? 🤣
And think of a reason you'd be getting a package from that particular country in this current climate - they can't lie on stamps, unfortunately.
Best of luck.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller, Zhendou and SVEN
Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Hello, I'm the user you mentioned who's roommate opened my package.

It came very quickly and they didn't even have me sign for it—it was just left at our door like any other package. The cops didn't come and do a welfare check on me at all so I wouldn't worry to much
Hey. First, I wanna say I am so sorry that happened to you. That was such an awful story to read, and I hate that you had to go through that. Are you doing okay now? I can't imagine having my SN taken away like that, and then being 5150'd (that's the term, right?).

As for the arrival of the package, that is also reassuring to hear, although the family member with whom I live wouldn't really care about the package if they happen to find it first. They already know and accept that I've long planned on CTB, and I'm not even sure if they'd know what SN is anyway.

My nerves have definitely calmed after reading all your guys' responses and getting some sleep. I appreciate your response, thank you. And again, I hope you're doing okay since that event.
DMC label the exterior package as something else, so maybe keep it in the outer package for now? And research pottery or concrete hardening or whatever? 🤣
And think of a reason you'd be getting a package from that particular country in this current climate - they can't lie on stamps, unfortunately.
Best of luck.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

If you're talking about hiding the package from those in my household, I don't have to worry about that, as I wrote in my comment above.
Once the conversation feature opens up for you, shoot me a message <3 I was gonna message you but I suppose it's not available yet. We're glad you're here, no one should have to go through the stages of this alone, if they don't want to, no matter which side of the forum they're on.
I actually do have DMs open now. I believe you tried to DM me about 10 or so mins before 24hrs was up for my account, lol. I don't know how to DM others, so if you want to send me one and start a chat, I'd be totally cool with that!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kadaver
Upvote 1
Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
Hey. First, I wanna say I am so sorry that happened to you. That was such an awful story to read, and I hate that you had to go through that. Are you doing okay now? I can't imagine having my SN taken away like that, and then being 5150'd (that's the term, right?).

As for the arrival of the package, that is also reassuring to hear, although the family member with whom I live wouldn't really care about the package if they happen to find it first. They already know and accept that I've long planned on CTB, and I'm not even sure if they'd know what SN is anyway.

My nerves have definitely calmed after reading all your guys' responses and getting some sleep. I appreciate your response, thank you. And again, I hope you're doing okay since that event.
Its ok. It was my own negligence that got me caught and now I know that if I'm expecting something like that I need to be more diligent.

I'm not doing so good. The roommate kicked me out because I was "stressing him out" with my mental health issues and now I'm living with my dad again which has its own issues.

I'm glad that you were able to calm your nerves and get some sleep <3

• Hugs
Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Its ok. It was my own negligence that got me caught and now I know that if I'm expecting something like that I need to be more diligent.
Well, I suppose the good news is DMC is still up and running, and probably will be for the foreseeable future, so you can always make another order. You know to be extra vigilant with the package now.
I'm not doing so good. The roommate kicked me out because I was "stressing him out" with my mental health issues and now I'm living with my dad again which has its own issues.
I'm really sorry to hear that, I do remember reading that from your post. Your roommate was a genuine prick. He essentially treated you as a problem he didn't want to deal with, and he just threw you to the wolves and then told you to fuck off. Absolutely sickening behavior. I wish more people were more open to letting people determine what to do with their own lives, instead of actively interfering and even further ruining lives.

I suppose it's a good thing you still have a place to stay, even if it's with your dad. If you don't mind me asking, are you safe with your dad? Or at least in a bearable relationship with him? I'd hate to hear that you went from one crummy human being to another, but sometimes that does happen.
I'm glad that you were able to calm your nerves and get some sleep <3
I appreciate that. Yeah, I'm doing fine now. My only real worry now is potentially being unable to acquire Meto and having to make an attempt without antiemetics. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, right now I'm just waiting for the SN to arrive. I can't believe I actually managed to get some. For years, I had been looking at everyone else acquiring and CTBing with SN, and I never would have thought I'd switch sides and join them.

Upvote 0