leopard_gec

leopard_gec

Kara Kara Kara no Kara
Dec 26, 2022
I will kill myself by drowning

Each weak I'll complete one of the following things (does not have to be in order) so it will take 7 weeks in total for me accomplish my goal. (Deadline march 18)

1. I will find the perfect lake
-(deep enough?)
-(big enough?)
-(suroundings good?)

2. I will find out more about ctb by drowning
-(what to expect)

3. I will check out lake at ideal time
-(any people around?)
-(any patrol around?)

4. I will get sleeping pills from doctror, and alcohol.
-(how many needed?)

5. Test pills/alcohol
-(low or high resistance?)

6. I will prepare mentally for death.
-(watch/read horrible stuff)
-(watch read about terminaly I'll people who have accepted death)

7. I will do it

I will update this each week
Also I find it pretty funny to call the end of a plan a deadline in the context of that plan being suicide.

Also be the end of each week I'll reward myself for completing it (not sure how yet)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AKAY87, rosa.rosa, TimetoGo! and 11 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That method sounds quite horrific to me, but I do admire the courage of those who are able to actually go through with it. I wish you the best with your plans.

Reactions: Dyscalculia, Jisatsu_55265181910, brokenpersi and 1 other person
Tricondyla ledouxi

Tricondyla ledouxi

Student
Jan 2, 2023
Don't drown yourself, it is extremely painful. Just some advice.

Reactions: Action, Dyscalculia and leeloosnow
L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
It's extremely difficult to drown yourself, with SI. Initially drowning looks horrific but actually I've read medical articles that prove drowning is actually very peaceful.
You can read more about it

'Following a period of struggle to breath hold, and pain on aspirating water, many individuals report much more tranquil perceptions (Table 1).

The sequence of panic and pain followed by more tranquil sensations is supported by those with experience of treating and debriefing drowning victims (e.g. Dr Justin Sempsrott from Lifeguard Without Borders, personal communication) who estimate that there is 30–60 s of panic during the surface struggle, then 30–60 s underwater of panic or neutral feelings before loss of consciousness. Others (Dr Frank Golden, personal communication) confirm a period of terror while struggling to breath hold, then feeling a tearing, burning sensation in the chest as water enters the airway, followed by, feeling of absolute calmness and tranquillity and a terminal period of stimulation of the CNS then CNS depression and unconsciousness. This sequence is not a new finding, nor is it limited to drowning, being reported in near-death experiences from a wide range of causes. 36 In 1791, British admiral Sir Francis Beaufort recalled an event in which he drowned: 'A calm feeling of the most perfect tranquillity succeeded the most tumultuous sensation … Nor was I in any bodily pain. On the contrary, my sensations were now of rather a pleasurable cast'. 36
Also just be mindful of the temperature of the water and the potential of cold water shock.

I don't know what country you're in, but in the UK if you are found in a lake and your body has not started decomposition and there's a possibility you've only been in there for a couple of hours, especially if it's freezing cold water, we start resuscitation, and that continues until you are 'warm and dead' because there are cases of people who have gone into freezing cold water, been in there for a couple of hours, their brain and body essentially gets paused by the cold water shock, and they are successfully resuscitated to a good neurological outcome

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: leeloosnow, Dyscalculia and BrailleTogepi
hrsprayqn

hrsprayqn

trying to hold on
Nov 14, 2022
Feel free to ignore my advice, but jesus, drowning really doesn't seem a pleasant way to go.

Reactions: Action, leeloosnow and Dyscalculia
NHLTradeRumor

NHLTradeRumor

wow life sucks
Dec 13, 2022
I've heard some anecdotal evidence from a.s.h that drowning isn't actually that painful, but I have no way to verify this. I would advise against drowning, but if I had no other accessible method, I'd see why you'd want to do it.

Reactions: Action
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Preparation is key.

I noticed early on that people tend to discourage every method that isn't theirs. They also assume that everyone is afraid of experiencing pain in their escape and that everyone aspires to a "peaceful" death (I've come to abhor that word over the last few months).

Wouldn't it be lovely if there was an accessible method of dying where you experienced no discomforts. Where someone held your hand and gently rubbed your head as you sipped apple juice while waiting for the peaceful mist of lavender scented death to descend over you. Your eyes flutter quietly one last time, then close. A contented smile plays at the corners of your mouth... 😏

A god-damned Death Fairytale is what it is.

Fuck that shit. Death is my only goal. By any means necessary.

I just need it to work. Period. So I'm preparing for drowning as well.

I started repeating these mantras out loud where I remind myself that the water can literally wash off all the pain.

All the thoughts in my head that won't shut up can be drowned out. Literally.

I remind myself that whatever is underneath the water can't come close to what I've experienced above it.

I have my lake picked out and I watch hours of YouTube videos showing people out there fishing.

I mostly stare at the water as they wrangle with the fish.

Every time my mind goes blank or wanders, I immediately fill it with an image of that lake. I imagine it in all kinds of conditions (choppy and calm, windy and and muggy) so nothing catches me off guard.

I don't have a date, though. But I'll know when it's time.

Reactions: Grayfield
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
If you don't take into account an anchor to keep yourself submerged with your method, you'll need a lot of willpower to overcome your SI and keep yourself underwater.

Also I wouldn't rely on sleeping meds given to you by your doctor. Chances are they both won't be potent enough and likely not fast acting enough. You want a fast acting benzodiazepine like Brotizolam, Lormetazepam, Midazolam, Triazolam and more. Check the table in the link below:

You ideally want a very potent benzo that has a very low peak onset of action with a low range. (While it says Flutoprazepam can take as little as half an hour to peak action, it says it can also take up to as long as 9 hours so it would not be ideal for your method.)

Drinking grapefruit juice along with alcohol can also help increase the potency of a benzo. I'd be careful with taking too much benzos and alcohol. The more you take, the more risk you have of vomiting, this can be mitigated by taking an antiemetic beforehand like metoclopramide or domperidone (I personally recommend the later, less side effects).

The idea is the full effects of the benzo make you unconscious just after you jump off and shortly before you go underwater, with the anchor keeping you submerged so less chance of the method failing.

If you can get your hands on a barbiturate like Phenobarbital they can help too. I dunno how long it takes for their effects to kick in, but they're very powerful as sleeping medication. But if you can get your hands on enough Phenobarbital (10g+), you're better off just overdosing on that and making sure no one can find you for 4 days.

Reactions: Action
K

kkwy

Sep 19, 2022
I feel like I'd need a bag of rocks or something heavy to keep me down if I went with drowning. The instinct to breath is too strong.

Reactions: TimetoGo!
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022

Each weak I'll complete one of the following things (does not have to be in order) so it will take 7 weeks in total for me accomplish my goal. (Deadline march 18)

-(deep enough?)
-(big enough?)
-(suroundings good?)

-(what to expect)

-(any people around?)
-(any patrol around?)

-(how many needed?)

5. Test pills/alcohol

7. I will do it

Also I find it pretty funny to call the end of a plan a deadline in the context of that plan being suicide.

Also be the end of each week I'll reward myself for completing it (not sure how yet)
are you going to weigh yourself down?

peelingbananas

peelingbananas

Student
Jul 22, 2023
Feel free to ignore my advice, but jesus, drowning really doesn't seem a pleasant way to go.
yeah...

-(deep enough?)
-(big enough?)
-(suroundings good?)

-(what to expect)

-(any people around?)
-(any patrol around?)

-(how many needed?)

5. Test pills/alcohol

7. I will do it

you there?

hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
I tried to drown myself in the bath. Lasted 2 seconds.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
I

insaneclient101

Sep 15, 2023

-(deep enough?)
-(big enough?)
-(suroundings good?)

-(what to expect)

-(any people around?)
-(any patrol around?)

-(how many needed?)

5. Test pills/alcohol

7. I will do it

I don't really recommend drowning though. It is an unpleasent way to CTB in my opinion. Drowning is basically holding your breath so some fear might kick in so your body might bring you back to the surface. I dont know if you did but
read this: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/ k
There might be more ways rather then Drowning to CTB. Again, just my opinion. If you want to CTB by drowning even so, stick with it.