• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LoveYoux

LoveYoux

Haunted
Jun 6, 2022
Hey all, first off glad I found you, been stuck in a mental ward for the last 6 weeks due to serial hospitalisations

Needless to say, I'm pretty limited to resources here
BUT!
Think I've got a good one

So, I've been reading up on hanging and it was quite a revelation to learn that it's not an asphyxiation rather a blood constriction

So (And to reiterate, I have to be quite resourceful)

Last night I tied a sock around my neck
Below the throat to maintain comfort, tied at the back and gently compressing the sides of my neck (Where the arteries are)

It works, it does, I've attempted hanging before and recall vividly the sensation like your head is about to explode
Learnt that's blood pressure

But the same effects are achieved, just more controllable, manageable I guess

Goes without saying, it did not work last night, obviously
I was hoping that I'd slip off to sleep (which I did) and pass peacefully into the night, unconsciously

I woke up and literally rolled my eyes this morning, tried again tonight
But, a development

Some chest pains started, they've since faded but, they're still vaguely there

I don't want a painful death, I want a peaceful death, just tranquilly slip off into tranquillity

Chest pains are an unforeseen effect and am not a fan

So, to cut a long story short
a) is this a good method/any developments or suggestions
b) what's with the chest pain

Cheers all x

• Hugs
Reactions: idonthavetobehere and LittleJem
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It sounds like you're doing partial, not full suspension, and partial does fail most of the time. Several people here said they tried it 15 to 25 times eaachy without it work, though in some cases it does work. Many people pass out from partial without it working. I would seriously consider not making another attempt until you are out of the hospital, when you will have more freedom and more options.

F

FinishingLine

May 23, 2022
It sounds like you're doing partial, not full suspension, and partial does fail most of the time. Several people here said they tried it 15 to 25 times eaachy without it work, though in some cases it does work. Many people pass out from partial without it working. I would seriously consider not making another attempt until you are out of the hospital, when you will have more freedom and more options.
Partial hanging would suggest the sock to be tied to something. What op is doing is strangulation with a sock. I have tried it with a round elastic gymnastic band, and was close to passing out after 20sec.
But you have tighten it fairly strong and quick to compress the carotid artery at the same time as the jugular veins to avoid pressure build-up in the head. Fast and strong is the importance here.

Reactions: LoveYoux
LoveYoux

LoveYoux

Haunted
Jun 6, 2022
Did my own research and can answer my own questions, yeah the pressure build up is caused by compression of the veins but not the arteries, so blood's still going in but it isn't coming out again
It's termed 'compression', strangulation in a sense, a bit (a lot) less sinister than hanging
Above is correct though unfortunately I don't think tying it snug and having a kip is going to do it, needs to be tight compression
Oh and the chest pains are I'm guessing the start of cardiac arrest which can happen in some cases, how fun

Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018
Isn't this the same as tourniquet method?

Reactions: Sick of it all