ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
Sort of a random and simple topic, but it really is ridiculous the way society judges men for wearing shorts above the knee or just shorter shorts in general. It's made out to be the biggest deal ever, and people make assumptions about sexuality about it (by calling men in shorter shorts gay), when literally all it is, is the length of shorts. I attached a picture file to show an example of a harmless piece of clothing that so many people get so worked up over. In the original source I got the image from the guy got absolutely slammed for daring to have shorts that go above his knees. People were like, "Dang dude, those are some really short shorts!" or just calling him gay or whatever.

A man in shorts above the knees is not only harmless, but honestly...also kind of hot. I had looked at the attached picture a bit too long, also, lol. I don't know what it is about it, but I just find exposed thighs on guys hot. And since guys don't usually wear skirts or dresses, shorts above the knee are the only way to expose those thighs.

But that's besides the point. It's just ridiculous how a few inches off a man's shorts and/or showing a little bit of knee/thigh attracts so much ridicule and assumptions about sexuality.

Attachments

• ShortsAboveTheKnee.jpg
    ShortsAboveTheKnee.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, PrisonBreak, Circles and 1 other person
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Admittedly I have never heard of this before but I can totally see it happening. Guys will always be called 'gay' over the silliest things, I don't know, our society can be very judgmental. Cultural too I would imagine, someone once told me that guys actually hold hands in India, friends, that would almost certainly be perceived as 'gay' here in the United States even though it's really an innocuous gesture.

Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
The shorts in that pic are cute. The sock/shoe combo are... not cute. It's weird that short shorts for men were so popular in the 80's even though it was a more homophobic time.

Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
People are idiots. I didn't do it much this year because the weather wasn't ideal. but I wear a wrap/sarong ripoff type thing in the summer (I'm a guy). Strangers definitely look but if anyone ever says anything, it's a compliment. I don't frequent vile heteronormative places but I do live in a major city where any reaction is feasibly possible!

Reactions: wait.what and ConfusedHurting2632
ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
Admittedly I have never heard of this before but I can totally see it happening. Guys will always be called 'gay' over the silliest things, I don't know, our society can be very judgmental. Cultural too I would imagine, someone once told me that guys actually hold hands in India, friends, that would almost certainly be perceived as 'gay' here in the United States even though it's really an innocuous gesture.
Oh yes. Besides the shorts, guys being called 'gay' over the silliest things is just a huge problem just in general. Another thing that comes to mind is sweet/fruity alcoholic drinks, or the color pink...but the list is endless. Out society is very judgmental indeed. As for the example of holding hands in India...aww, how sweet. Too bad it would never be taken well in the United States though.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Rogue Proxy and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Oh yes. Besides the shorts, guys being called 'gay' over the silliest things is just a huge problem just in general. Another thing that comes to mind is sweet/fruity alcoholic drinks, or the color pink...but the list is endless. Out society is very judgmental indeed. As for the example of holding hands in India...aww, how sweet. Too bad it would never be taken well in the United States though.
I guess it's also dependent on the area you live in. There's lots of liberal/progressive places here too of course but maybe in their head they're thinking "yeah, those two must be in a relationship."

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and ConfusedHurting2632
ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
The shorts in that pic are cute. The sock/shoe combo are... not cute. It's weird that short shorts for men were so popular in the 80's even though it was a more homophobic time.
Glad you like the shorts in that pic. I picked the picture because I thought it was cute, haha. Admittedly yeah, the sock/shoe combo could've been better, but it's whatevs. As for the 80's, yeah, it is kind of weird...maybe it's because longer shorts weren't really sold till closer to the 90's, and the shorter shorts were all there was to buy, but just a guess/shot in the dark.
People are idiots. I didn't do it much this year because the weather wasn't ideal. but I wear a wrap/sarong ripoff type thing in the summer (I'm a guy). Strangers definitely look but if anyone ever says anything, it's a compliment. I don't frequent vile heteronormative places but I do live in a major city where any reaction is feasibly possible!
People are idiots indeed, plain and simple....well said my friend. The wrap/sarong ripoff type thing sounds cute, and in general I'm supportive of people wearing whatever they want. Hey, free compliments are always nice at least. And yeah, I'd avoid vile heteronormative places too.

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Men (and women) should wear burqas, imho.

• Yay!
Reactions: Un-
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
a couple thoughts on this topic.
on one hand idc care what you wear but at the same time i personally prefer a guy in jeans.
on the other hand as someone thats been in an "uncomfortable situation" due to them not being long enough, id really prefer if you didnt wear anything too short because accidents can happen and those arent good for anyone involved (or at least wear briefs to lower the changes)

Reactions: newave3
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Among the things I detest about Twitter is that it's become a favorite hangout for the gender police. Mostly it's straight cis people giving strange orders to the "opposite" category of straight cis people, with the usual format being: "Attention, men (or women)! I will never date you if you …" The forbidden thing is usually harmless and rather bizarre. I've been meaning to create a list of all the stupid things that are off-limits to one gender or another according to Twitter, but honestly I can't be bothered. I do feel bad for all the straight cis teenagers though, because they may take that shit seriously. They've got enough to be anxious over without worrying about how every single thing they do will get them written up by the gender gendarmerie.

Reactions: newave3
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
The guy in the OP turned me on, but I only wear longer shorts myself as I'm totally straight.

Nah but seriously, I wouldn't confuse society itself with Twitter or anywhere else online. I really think these apps are toxic as all hell and not at all representative of the real world where nobody would raise an eyebrow at a pair of shorts. There's something about the internet in general that divorces people from reality, I think. Case in point, my commitment to role-playing a duck.

• Yay!
Reactions: lofticries and newave3
thereisthemist

thereisthemist

drops common loot when defeated
Nov 5, 2021
guys are cute, period.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Make men in short shorts great again.

Attachments

• 320654d221f5cde61d6b981c42a7233e.png
    320654d221f5cde61d6b981c42a7233e.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Yay!
Reactions: Suicidebydeath and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
Nobody is actually judging based off that, lol. They are just using it as an excuse to hate on ugly guys.

Reactions: darkcirclesunder
freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
Interesting how different perspectives are around the world. Where I am in Australia, it's very normal for guys to wear shorts that length. I imagine there's no room to be calling people gay when it's fucking mordor outside.

And yes, its hot ;)

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Sort of a random and simple topic, but it really is ridiculous the way society judges men for wearing shorts above the knee or just shorter shorts in general. It's made out to be the biggest deal ever, and people make assumptions about sexuality about it (by calling men in shorter shorts gay), when literally all it is, is the length of shorts. I attached a picture file to show an example of a harmless piece of clothing that so many people get so worked up over. In the original source I got the image from the guy got absolutely slammed for daring to have shorts that go above his knees. People were like, "Dang dude, those are some really short shorts!" or just calling him gay or whatever.

A man in shorts above the knees is not only harmless, but honestly...also kind of hot. I had looked at the attached picture a bit too long, also, lol. I don't know what it is about it, but I just find exposed thighs on guys hot. And since guys don't usually wear skirts or dresses, shorts above the knee are the only way to expose those thighs.

But that's besides the point. It's just ridiculous how a few inches off a man's shorts and/or showing a little bit of knee/thigh attracts so much ridicule and assumptions about sexuality.
Personally, I never liked long shorts, to me they look dorky or even ghetto. When I was a kid all the red-neck kids would cut off their old blue jeans for instant swim trunks. I always thought they looked JUST SO DAMN HOT! I even did the same thing, abandoning the swim trunks mom got me. So call me what you will, my happiness is not dependent on what some fool thinks. They don't like it, F them!

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

I don't believe that it's wrong for men to wear short shorts, but I see no benefit to it for men. In other words, shor shorts look better on women, since they make the women look sexier, if that's what they are going for. Of course, if gay men find short shorts attractive, the short shorts would have the same benefit for them as for straight women and men.

You could stop using shorts and only go in your underwear, and then when someone asks why you aren't wearing any pants, you can ask them "Well, how would you like me wearing those short shorts now...?!" :smiling:

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop and WhatPowerIs