Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
its like they forget how life works. its a cycle and a cycle is a circle. do you want to know the problem with a circle? it doesnt stop. it goes around and around and around. that means, yes happiness will come along at some point even in the form of something as minor as a new game being released or whatever. but its a cycle, meaning the sad time, much like the happy times, will also return.

suicide, isnt about whether or not the happiness will return. suicide is about the sad:happy ratio. once the sad number becomes higher then the happy number...what becomes the point? mere moments engulfed by torment

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered, atonofdespair24, Julgran and 7 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
People prepare for studies, jobs, business, bank accounts, investments, retirement, but they don't prepare for afterlife, isn't it absurd? i read about this in ppeh and it gave me pause for thought.

Reactions: foreverfalling and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Statement's not even true. Some problems aren't temporary.

Reactions: Disappointered and Superdeterminist
M

MetroTransit

Aug 11, 2022
Life is also temporary...

Reactions: Disappointered and Superdeterminist
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Statement's not even true. Some problems aren't temporary.
as someone with some of those life long problems, yeah. i cant help but roll my eyes reading it

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
People prepare for studies, jobs, business, bank accounts, investments, retirement, but they don't prepare for afterlife, isn't it absurd? i read about this in ppeh and it gave me pause for thought.
What do you mean by preparing for the afterlife?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that people would stop invalidating the suffering of others if things got worse for them and they were trapped in a hopeless situation. Other people simply do not understand. I think that it's best to take no notice of people who say things like it's only temporary. They are in denial of the cruel reality of this existence.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
its like they forget how life works. its a cycle and a cycle is a circle. do you want to know the problem with a circle? it doesnt stop. it goes around and around and around. that means, yes happiness will come along at some point even in the form of something as minor as a new game being released or whatever. but its a cycle, meaning the sad time, much like the happy times, will also return.

suicide, isnt about whether or not the happiness will return. suicide is about the sad:happy ratio. once the sad number becomes higher then the happy number...what becomes the point? mere moments engulfed by torment

You are not wrong at all. Everything is temporary in the grand scheme of things, meaning that everything that exists today will be gone eventuallly, but what people don't seem to realize is that anything that affects a person negatively right up until the moment of death, might as well be eternal, since the person never got any reprieve from their suffering.

If I may... let's whistle along:

🎵 Always look on the bright side of life [...] for life is quite absurd, and death's the final word [...] so always look on the bright side of death... 🎵

Last edited:
H

Hookah-smoking-cat

Apr 24, 2022
If your truly depressed you will always be depressed. People are just trying to cheer you up. Plus you can't blame someone cause they can't feel your pain

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Plus you can't blame someone cause they can't feel your pain
its not about them not being able to feel my pain but them not understanding that they cant feel my pain

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I believe people just play a script. The expected "polite" reaction in such case is give positive encouragement, saying that it will pass, maybe provide a couple of empty quotes. After they do this they feel happy, they did their job and now if you do not feel better it is just your fault, you are lazy, you do not want to change, you can just complain. I just wish somebody could understand how tired I am now and how pointless I see this life. I am not asking for active help in ending my life, but maybe just a bit of understanding.

Reactions: Disappointered