Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
They recognize that life is shit which is why they have to guilt us instead of trying to point out all the positive things in life. Obviously the positive things aren't all that great which is why they resort to guilting.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, it's_all_a_game, sadghost and 11 others
aedric_artifact

aedric_artifact

Find me in the sweetest oblivion
Jun 27, 2020
My favorite part is when they call us selfish while saying, "Please no! I would be so sad!" Like really? Aren't you acting a bit selfish now? I say I'm depressed and considering CTB and the first thing you say is that YOU will hurt? Please. Fuck off?

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, it's_all_a_game, sadghost and 14 others
NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

There is no right to heal the wrong
May 3, 2020
My sister said to me, "I don't understand why your son isn't enough," while she's had an abortion, gave another child up for adoption, and lives with her boyfriend of less than two years. (While I have many reasons as to what brought me to want to ctb, a failed relationship was the final nail in the coffin.)

It pisses me off that she would throw my child in my face like that, while she ditches responsibility, and lives off of her boyfriend. Must be nice.

Edit: I have no issue with abortion/adoption. I gave her unconditional support through those times. Her hypocrisy is what irritates me.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, sadghost, snuffcore and 5 others
Torbasco

Torbasco

Jun 10, 2020
It's a scummy tactic used by lazy people who don't actually want to help and want to put in as little effort as possible just to keep you around so they don't feel responsible. They don't care if it makes you feel worse, just that they themselves keep feeling well.

Reactions: sadghost, HappyMstake, x-Ace-x and 3 others
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
My sister said to me, "I don't understand why your son isn't enough," while she's had an abortion, gave another child up for adoption, and lives with her boyfriend of less than two years. (While I have many reasons as to what brought me to want to ctb, a failed relationship was the final nail in the coffin.)

It pisses me off that she would throw my child in my face like that, while she ditches responsibility, and lives off of her boyfriend. Must be nice.

Edit: I have no issue with abortion/adoption. I gave her unconditional support through those times. Her hypocrisy is what irritates me.
Well, your decision will greatly determine the course of your son's life. That's a fact.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and Saed
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I feel the same. Ugh I wish i had the balls to just do it sometimes and not worry about feeling guilty

• Love
Reactions: Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I feel the same. Ugh I wish i had the balls to just do it sometimes and not worry about feeling guilty

I wish the same for me. guilt is the only thing keeping me alive.

• Love
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd
BigLucs

BigLucs

M-23 NC. Don't want to turn 24.
Apr 30, 2020
Everyone says suicide is selfish but is not everyone equally selfish to want us to live?

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sadgirl2002, x-Ace-x and 4 others
NoPlaceForme

NoPlaceForme

We wanted peace
Jun 13, 2020
It is frustrating. It really makes me wish people wouldn't see my suicide that way. But as each second passes I care less and less. They don't truly care about my pain.

Reactions: Nicebuddimtim and I.P.N
imnotyourprotaganist

imnotyourprotaganist

Jun 28, 2020
Everyone says suicide is selfish but is not everyone equally selfish to want us to live?
exactly! if we're in such a bad place, isnt it almost cruel to make us stay in a life that offers us nothing when theres a perfectly viable way out?

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't care how selfish suicide is. My life is meaningless if I never feel happy with it. Humans can't run of pure selflessness. Sure maybe you can make yourself happy by making others happy, but if that doesn't work and nothing else is working for you then there's no reason to live.

Reactions: I.P.N
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
To put yourself in their shoes what else could they say? I can't really think of anything good to stop someone from ctb.

Reactions: I.P.N
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
@lostangel Listening and acknowledging the pain is the best thing you can do imho.

• Love
Reactions: Iwantoknow
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
They recognize that life is shit which is why they have to guilt us instead of trying to point out all the positive things in life. Obviously the positive things aren't all that great which is why they resort to guilting.
I think that's at least part of why they are guilt tripping us to stay alive. I think another part is they themselves aren't brave enough to face the fact that life is shit and suicide can be a reasonable answer because they are terrified of death and what's after death(the unknown) more than they are terrified of suffering in life, unlike us who are brave enough to face it. Basically they are cowards.

Reactions: x-Ace-x and Bct
K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020

After being told "you've got plenty to live for", I finally asked them to specifically list off the reasons for living for a young autistic woman with depression, anxiety, premature ovarian failure and severe osteoperosis. Total silence, just like I thought.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Bct
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
After being told "you've got plenty to live for", I finally asked them to specifically list off the reasons for living for a young autistic woman with depression, anxiety, premature ovarian failure and severe osteoperosis. Total silence, just like I thought.

Plenty to live for? I'm sorry, that's terrible. In mental hospitals, they give you all these coping mechanisms like drawing and meditating but how the fuck is meditating going to help with premature ovarian failure? Especially if you can't pay for treatment.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Bct
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Because in the end it's just about them, not us. They only care about pain that will be inflicted to them, not our suffering.

Reactions: _Minsk, NekoNomNom and x-Ace-x