FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
in this day and age we are living in it is well known cyberbullying is a factor in why young people especially teenagers and young adults kill themselves. A study on cyberbullying found 59% of teens in the USA have been bullied or harassed online. More than 21% of female victims aged 19-25 report distinct emotional disturbances due to cyberbullying. 68% of children that have gone through online harassment have experienced mental health issues.
Cyberbullying increases suicide attempts by 8.7%. A full breakdown of the statistics can be found below here.
https://www.brosix.com/blog/cyberbullying-statistic/

In the UK the right wing commentator Katie Hopkins is notorious for her controversial opinions and bullying people on Twitter, TV, LBC radio when she was a host and her former column at the Dailymail before being fired. In the UK once was a high profile court case involving a famous footballer called Adam Johnson who sexually abused a 15 year old girl. Kate Hopkins in her dailymail column blamed the teenage girl for her rape and her article was uploaded on Twitter. The poor girl attempted suicide following the publication of the article, she survived. Jesy Nelson who was a singer in the popular girl band Little Mix was relentlessly cyberbuilled on twitter for her big plus size body. She tried to kill herself because of the cyberbullying and Katie hopkins was one of the many people who participated in the cyber bullying campaign against her. Jesy made the BAFTA winning BBC show called Odd One Out in which she shared her experience and the show featured British families who have had their teenage kids kill themselves due to cyberbullying.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...-one-out-review-a-modern-fairytale-in-reverse

It's well known Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Tiktok, Snapchat and other social media platforms are minefields of bullying but nobody demands these platforms be all shut down whenever a teenager or young person kills themselves due to cyberbullying. It's hypocritical for people to demand Sanctioned Suicide get shut down when social media is responsible for many suicides in young people.

Reactions: SMmetalhead36, EvisceratedJester, Moniker and 2 others
Moniker

Moniker

Nov 1, 2023
I think the hypocrisy really provides insight into how those who wish to take down the forum don't want to address suicide. Instead, they just want it out of their sight. The one online platform where people can be transparent about their suicidal thoughts and it happens to be the site people want taken down.

Reactions: myusername890
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
If anyone on this platform wants to ctb for anything they read on any social media post please don't be doing it for just that reason. At least direct message me 1st and allow me to try to convince you that asshole cyber-bullies are not worth ctb over. Wouldn't it feel better to troll them in return. I hope nobody here wants to ctb for that reason
I hope this site doesn't get shut down. It's the most purely honest site on the net. Where we don't have to be reluctant to share true feelings and experiences

Last edited:
JustA_LittlePerson

JustA_LittlePerson

One person in a sea...
May 21, 2024
Come on... People go to SS for one reason, sure those things happen in social media but that's not what it's meant for. And do you really want to compare the numbers of sites such as reddit, twitter, insta with SS?

Reactions: Orange Cat and Saturn_