ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
I tried posting this to a reddit thread and, or at least I thought I kept it reasonable and open to conversation, but people instantly just jump and dogpile on you for not liking the way the world works "Being impoverished opens the gate to any number of ailments both mental and physical and there short of a bag of money, there isn't a treatment plan or pill that's going to make you feel better in those conditions. I know the usual counter argument to such things is "they aren't in their right mind" but that can't fall into play when someone is working multiple jobs, consistently still broke while penny pinching and not getting ahead. It's degrading, it's unenjoyable (subjective yes, but I imagine most would agree) and the only reason for life in my opinion is to be happy which poverty completely overrides( at least in my case). Constantly worrying about if you're going to have a roof over your head will destroy you and break you down, it's a man made poison that destroys hope and sends you into depression in which escaping is not guaranteed even with practicing of healthier life choices. It's truly an artificial concoction of the most hideous makings and I think It's genuinely downplayed when factoring mental illness in to a lot of folks. If someone is working 40hrs doing anything I don't care what they shouldn't have to live in fear of their livelihood no matter how meager going up in smoke day in and day out. It's unnecessary and predatory that just breeds malcontent, fear and anger which in turn gives rise to more problems; crime, exploitation, hoarding etc you name it. Sadly it's far more realistic to allow people a painless and assured way out of unfavorably circumstance IF THEY SO CHOOSE, then it is to ever hope of economic reform in this modern world." It's incredibly depressing and alienating just how much I don't connect with I imagine is just about the vast majority of humans, or they are deluded enough to think this is good and don't want that wall to crumble? I truly don't know but It's scary, it's predatory and I can't believe people are enjoying it

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Sannti, Crono and 6 others
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
It's so easy to forget about the world outside of SS, and how unfriendly and cruel it can be to the idea of people choosing to go out via their own means.

Being on here opened my eyes to so many similar stories, people, experiences and opinions that I previously thought I was insane for having.

SS is that relatively small corner of the internet that I treat as my save haven. A place where I don't fear being judged as much as I do anywhere else. It's not perfect, but it is so important to me and many others on here.

Also, reddit sucks. Just, like, in general. Kinda off topic but I've met so many deranged and extremely homo/lesbophobic people on there. It's gross.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blahblahlah, Ondine0000ff, anhedonicNfoggy and 1 other person
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I understand not everyone has the capacity to help, but it's like they go the other direction and become hostile towards anyone who is struggling. For example, I stumbled on some very innocuous comment about loneliness on a YT video, and the replies were basically like "wtf just work on yourself you entitled cunt." I usually avoid such topics outside of this forum, but it is always surprising to remember that normies exist. It's like they get offended and take it personally when someone is unhappy or doesn't want to be here. If they are really so happy then great, congrats, go enjoy it. Why go out of your way to attack someone who is less fortunate?

• Hugs
Reactions: lwlaiet8887, anhedonicNfoggy and Praestat_Mori
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
It's so easy to forget about the world outside of SS, and how unfriendly and cruel it can be to the idea of people choosing to go out via their own means.

Being on here opened my eyes to so many similar stories, people, experiences and opinions that I previously thought I was insane for having.

SS is that relatively small corner of the internet that I treat as my save haven. A place where I don't fear being judged as much as I do anywhere else. It's not perfect, but it is so important to me and many others on here.

Also, reddit sucks. Just, like, in general. Kinda off topic but I've met so many deranged and extremely homo/lesbophobic people on there. It's gross.
Yeah, it really does. I got anxiety reading a reply back from a message before really just realizing that it's hopeless. That unless I put on my clown mask I'm just living on a different planet and there is no communication to be had.
I understand not everyone has the capacity to help, but it's like they go the other direction and become hostile towards anyone who is struggling. For example, I stumbled on some very innocuous comment about loneliness on a YT video, and the replies were basically like "wtf just work on yourself you entitled cunt." I usually avoid such topics outside of this forum, but it is always surprising to remember that normies exist. It's like they get offended and take it personally when someone is unhappy or doesn't want to be here. If they are really so happy then great, congrats, go enjoy it. Why go out of your way to attack someone who is less fortunate?
I've always tried to either say nothing, or offer condolences or realistic advice, but it's exactly as you say. The moment any weakness is shown people jump on it like a shark to fresh blood and rip the poor soul to ribbons, furthering inducing their misery. It's barbaric out here

• Aww..
Reactions: Blahblahlah and NumbItAll
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm not even surprised that so many humans act in such a cruel and insensitive way, to me humans truly are the worst species.